cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Korth
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

I now notice, almost two months later, that PM's selection of phones has changed up a little.

 

And I notice that some of their prices seem more reasonable than before.

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)


@Korth wrote:

I now notice, almost two months later, that PM's selection of phones has changed up a little.

 

And I notice that some of their prices seem more reasonable than before.


The only phone that has dropped in price is the Samsung Galaxy S10 by $15. The Samsung Galaxy S8 has actually went up in price by $20, and the LG G7 One price, in my opinion, is simply terrible. 

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

Question...  is there a way of proving that the main flagship models, like say the Samsung s10, are not in fact fakes?

 

Not meaning PM would knowingly fake us out, but more referring to accidentally. 

 

My last one, s7, I bought direct from the manufacturer, but the one before that from eBay... And in time noticed more and more signs of cheaply made parts and worse performance than another device I had with worse stats... but naturally by the time I put this all together it was way too late for the refund window

 

Just wondered how they are being weeded out, which I'm hoping  they are 🙂

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

The phones are certified pre-owned and have been inspected and tested.  Also they have a one year warranty.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/certified-pre-owned-phones

Lorca
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

These phones are old returns from Koodo and Telus. Definitely genuine.

Korth
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)


@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Question...  is there a way of proving that the main flagship models, like say the Samsung s10, are not in fact fakes?


These phones are refurbs from Telus.

They're not rebrands from eBay or Alibaba.

 

And they have a 100-day warranty.

 

Along with the non-negotiable return/refund/exchange period required by Canadian Consumer Law.

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)


@Korth wrote:

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Question...  is there a way of proving that the main flagship models, like say the Samsung s10, are not in fact fakes?


These phones are refurbs from Telus.

They're not rebrands from eBay or Alibaba.

 

And they have a 100-day warranty.

 

Along with the non-negotiable return/refund/exchange period required by Canadian Consumer Law.


The warranty period of these phone is 1 year.  Also, stores/businesss/retailers do not have to take back merchandise and issue a refund unless there's something wrong with it.

Pawprints1986
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

The ebay ones weren't rebrands really either, that's the thing. It was a clone but with lousier quality parts. But at first it looks like a duck and smells like a duck so you think it's a duck. Only after some playing around with settings and stuff do you realize anything might be off. For example this one I got was supposed to be oled but it wasn't. But it takes a while to see all these little things

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)


@Pawprints1986 wrote:

The ebay ones weren't rebrands really either, that's the thing. It was a clone but with lousier quality parts. But at first it looks like a duck and smells like a duck so you think it's a duck. Only after some playing around with settings and stuff do you realize anything might be off. For example this one I got was supposed to be oled but it wasn't. But it takes a while to see all these little things


Clones/counterfeits have cheaper parts but they also have the wrong software. If wrong parts are used like CPU, the software from the legit model won't work.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

@computergeek541  the prices are horrible lol. Refurbished G7 for $500. Ya ok!

 

Costco currently has brand new G8X thinq. 128 gig phone. For $430. Not refurbished junk.

 

Screenshot_20201222_060303.jpg

 

 

PM prices as just as inflated like their sister Koodo. Koodo still has the Moto G fast marked at $275. When at Costco it's $149.99 most of the time.

 

Shame on PM for these crazy prices.

 

 

Need Help? Let's chat.