cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

@yen  You still have your old sim from old phone? It is likely 3 hole punch. Which means if sim card is to big slightly push on the card and it will pop out to the smaller nano SIM.

Put in new phone and you're good to go. Use the new sim to give to someone else as it's not activated.

If you want to use the new sim. Log into your account and click change sim card.

Green arrow on picture below. 

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

@yen 

The new SIM card that came with the phone is your new SPARE. As said put your EXISTING/CURRENTLY ACTIVATED  SIM in your new phone. 

yen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is what I thought to change one chip to the new phone. But it seems I cannot punch the old one to get a nano. Just wondering if I can cut it with a scissor? I am scared I damage it.

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

@yen wrote:

It is what I thought to change one chip to the new phone. But it seems I cannot punch the old one to get a nano. Just wondering if I can cut it with a scissor? I am scared I damage it.

If you cannot punch out follow @Jb456 instructions and go into self service and choose Change Sim Card.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

NO don’t cut it. 

Check this out. https://youtu.be/xwNoIXxPDDg

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@yen  don't start cutting things to much of a hassle. You have a new sim card. Click change sim card on your account.

Screenshot_20200629_182641.jpg

Throw old one away. Put new on in the phone. keep the pieces of new one incase you need to go to a bigger sim in future.

easy peasy 🙂

yen

too late I did it....:-(

No service now

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@yen then follow my instructions on my other posts to you to change your sim card number to the new sim you have.

yen

Thank you for helping me!!!

I did change SIM card and now it is working... I cut the old one unfortunately but never mind.

You guys are awesome!!! 

I am still waiting moderator and you solved my problem in a flash!! 🙂

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@yen  you're very welcome! 

Need Help? Let's chat.