cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public

@yen Yes the phones are unlocked. I'm pretty sure all phones sold in Canada now come unlocked unless your company/provider locks it while you are under contract to them

Edit: changed after reading reply by @computergeek541 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for replying fast

I thought that but no clear info provided on the post 🙂

what about battery? It should be a good idea to have listed how long the battery last, just to be aware of what we get and avoid hassles returning them.

Mayor / Maire

@yen wrote:

what about battery? It should be a good idea to have listed how long the battery last, just to be aware of what we get and avoid hassles returning them.

@yen What do you mean by this? In general how long it would power the device throughout the day? Or have they tested it and it is at 90% capacity max? Or it should last for a year?

Mayor / Maire

@kb_mv 

Battery status was discussed in a few posts on page 2 of this thread.

Short version is that battery electrochemistry degrades over time, it gradually holds less power each time it's fully charged, it has a practical lifespan based on how many charge/discharge cycles it can endure. These refurb phones should have at least enough recharge cycles left on the battery to provide another year of use - and if they don't then they should be repaired, replaced, or refunded within the one year warranty.

Users (and refurb technicians) can use battery monitoring software to examine detailed battery specs. The batteries themselves have an onboard regulator chip which stores this information.

Users can order replacement batteries (even for "non-replaceable" batteries) from DIY services like iFixit. Although this extra $25-$50+ cost often offsets the appeal of discounted refurb prices.

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/the-refurbished-tech-products-you-should-avoid/

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I do not understand why the LG G7 One is $500 when the Samsung S8 is being sold for $380 they both share near identical specifications and if one must argue which is more favourable the Samsung S8 would win.

The phones are so-so, not too attractive.

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

I bought a phone with PM, I have my service with you since many years. Both phones have different chip card size. I reached a moderator and asked how to get the service transfer to my Certified Pre-owned Phone but no follow up so far. 

Mayor / Maire

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public (how to activate a phone)

@yen wrote:

I bought a phone with PM, I have my service with you since many years. Both phones have different chip card size. I reached a moderator and asked how to get the service transfer to my Certified Pre-owned Phone but no follow up so far. 

You just need to put your sim card into the new phone. To go to a smaller size can you punch out?

Current PM sim cards are 3 in one size. If going to a bigger size buy a sim adapter or go to a mobile shop and they should be able to give you an adapter for free.

144EF3A5-FF95-4059-95F7-C8FCBA06C5E2.png

Thanks for replying but that is not a problem

I got the nano chip card with the phone included. The issue is I need to have my line transfer to the Certified Pre-owned phone. My line is still associated to the previous "old phone". How can I transfer my line to the Certified Pre-owned phone?

Mayor / Maire

@yen wrote:

Thanks for replying but that is not a problem

I got the nano chip card with the phone included. The issue is I need to have my line transfer to the Certified Pre-owned phone. My line is still associated to the previous "old phone". How can I transfer my line to the Certified Pre-owned phone?

All you need to do is take the PM  sim card out of your old phone and put it in the new one phone. If you are going to nano size can you punch out your original sim to get to nano?

Other way is to go into self service and choose Change Sim Card.

Need Help? Let's chat.