cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Prices are too high. Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public

you can find better deals pre-owned online. 

Black Friday is coming up and many people will be switching phones.

PM aware of that, but the offers are higher than other companies. I wish they could match and exceed the offers.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: [Pilot] Certified Pre-Owned Phones Now Available at Public

@Korth wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

but then how would Telus be able to get rid of these out-of-date devices?  

Telus always has options like this. Of course they won't give away what they can sell away.

Some people do appear to be happy with the phones they bought here, and partial success is always better than zero success.

Not necessarily.  It depends on what internal targets they established for this program.  Lower than expected sales may cause them to cancel the program without examining why sales were low.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@jimbobs wrote:

@Korth wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

but then how would Telus be able to get rid of these out-of-date devices?  

Telus always has options like this. Of course they won't give away what they can sell away.

Some people do appear to be happy with the phones they bought here, and partial success is always better than zero success.

Not necessarily.  It depends on what internal targets they established for this program.  Lower than expected sales may cause them to cancel the program without examining why sales were low.

Is that something like management seeing that their staff have organized and pleading ignorance as to why without some serious introspection. 🙂

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Come on Public. Stop messing around. Raising the price on the S8?  The prices weren't good to begin with on these used phones.  Some new devices have been released. Ironically, a like-new iPhone 7 32GB phone is less expensive at Orchard (ironic because Orchard used to advertise here).  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I'm surprised PM doesn't implement a price reduction strategy.

This is basically an inventory of old, unsold, used, refurbed devices. Left behind by newer tech and newer fashion at newer prices. And falling even further behind each time another new thing gets announced.

So set the prices a little high. Then knock them down by five bucks (or whatever) every day. Until all the items have sold themselves.

Some items will sell quick, because consumers are compelled to move fast to get good value (before someone else does).

Some items will languish until you basically have to give them away at a loss, because whatever prices you might hope/expect are too different from what consumers are willing to pay. This loss is really the cost of inventory depreciation, and it gets worse the longer the inventory remains unsold.

Highlighted

@Korth wrote:

I'm surprised PM doesn't implement a price reduction strategy.

This is basically an inventory of old, unsold, used, refurbed devices. Left behind by newer tech and newer fashion at newer prices. And falling even further behind each time another new thing gets announced. It's not realistic to expect this inventory to command the same value it enjoyed back when it was new and shiny.

Set the prices a little high. Then knock them down by five bucks (or whatever) every day. Until all the items have been sold.

This should be stuff that Telus wants to get rid of. Public Mobile did lower the price the price of the S10, but has not increased the price of the S8.  I did notice that the lowest priced phone is now the iPhone SE (the older version) for $160.  This model is approaching 5 years since being released. When it comes to cell phone devices, that's extremely old and is the type of device that someone might give to a friend for free if a temproary replacement was needed.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 

Maybe I should have clarified that openly and obviously advertising this "$5 cheaper every day until all sold out" (almost like a slogan) is an important element of this sales strategy. It's fully transparent to the buyer, and it communicates a sense of urgency, an interest in tracking the prices on a daily basis.

Mysterious directives from Big Boss Telus quietly tweaking a price here or there on some corporate whim isn't as effective in capturing the attention of potential buyers. And isn't as effective in selling otherwise unsellable inventory.

Highlighted

@Korth wrote:

Mysterious directives from Big Boss Telus quietly tweaking a price here or there on some corporate whim isn't as effective in capturing the attention of potential buyers.

I would have to say that the feedback that customers have been giving feedback about this program are, on average, overwhelmingly negative. I wouldn't say that that the attention of buyers isn't be captured.  I believe that people are looking but are mocking the prices.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Brand new S10 plus on sale for $629.99. Maybe for Black Friday? PM sells refurbished s10 not plus for $735.

From Microsoft store.

http://click.linksynergy.com/deeplink?id=CAqD7bLWUPI&mid=36509&murl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.microsoft.com%...

Screenshot_20201121_175438.jpg

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Orchard ships all over Canada. I am in SK and bought a phone from them.

Need Help? Let's chat.