Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $5 off SIMs Online-Only, Limited Time Offer

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

Starting October 5, 2020, and ending on October 9, 2020, 11:59PM EST, we are offering $5 off SIM cards, online-only. 

What does this mean for you? 

Between October 5 and October 9, you will be able to purchase Public Mobile SIM cards for $5 instead of $10 (tax not included). 

How to buy a SIM card: 

1. Visit publicmobile.ca
  2. Go to “Buy SIM Online”
  3. Select “Buy Online with Public Mobile” 

Thanks again for choosing Public Mobile! To learn more about us, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

11 REPLIES 11

@LeafsChick wrote:

If you have Prime, it’ll tell you exactly when it’ll arrive. 

I am an Amazon customer. However, the SIM cards are no longer $5 there.  The $5 price is also scheduled to be ending shortly for publicmobile.ca purchases as well.

LeafsChick
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If you have Prime, it’ll tell you exactly when it’ll arrive. 

@LeafsChick wrote:

They’re $5 on Amazon as well, I ordered one last night and it was here today. 

That really isn't a good representation of expected delivery amount of time. On Amazon, these SIM cards would either be shipped by a third party seller or by Amazon directly. As such the processing time may vary, along with the shipping method compared to if you purchased directly from Public Mobile.

LeafsChick

They’re $5 on Amazon as well, I ordered one last night and it was here today. 

@Bahadur713 wrote:

Very nice offer.

I would say that we shouldn't get to excited about $5 sim cards. A $5 sim card or even free sim card doesn't mean a lot without a good promotion to pair it with. Sadly for potential customers, Public Mobile has been seriously lacking in good promos for most of the year.

Bahadur713

Very nice offer.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good deal! Spreading the news!

dac13
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Always good to have some savings.  One can buy the sim and hold onto to until a great plan promo comes along.  

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

This should have been paired with a plan promo.  $5 for a SIM is not much of a promo when retailers sometimes sell them for even less.

SIM cards are something that new customers only pay for relunctantly. While $5 is bettter than $10, I don't feel that this will attract new customers.  Permanent offers are of much more value to customers than small, one-time or temporary discounts.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Nice offer but how's the shipping these days? A few weeks ago people posting on the forums that it was taking 2/3 weeks to receive.

During that time Canadia Cell Supplies  had PM sims for $1.99 and received in 3 business days the ones I ordered.

Need Help? Let's chat.