Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

Why not just go for the 5 gigs for 40, only 5 bucks more

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Colinh90 

That's the reason that this promotion isn't popular.  Most people would go for $40 plan.  At $35, this offer is priced too high.

Highlighted

Back in the day freedom mobile had two gigs of data for $30, but of course I've become more intertwined with my phone over the years, i  and use my data more often  so a two gig plan just doesn't cut it anymore. 5 to 6 gigs is where it's at but having a 10 gig plan would be nicer. I had a 10 gig plan For $50 with the freedom mobile, But it was too frustrating, unreliable and not worth the extra two gigs. Public has 8 for 50 But the network is reliable. Although I hope one day we can have eight gigs for 40. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Colinh90 

Freedom - good prices, bad network

Network is much better at Public Mobile but can't say the same about autopay and renewals.

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@cellphoneuser1 Freedom's network is bad but if you stick to a prepaied plan and only use the nationwide network with WiFi calling here and there it works perfectly. Freedom requires 50% usage on their network and Wifi calling counts as the "Freedom Network" so you'll be all set.

Public does have a way better network and its avalible in all areas covered by Bell/Telus. Where I am i don't have Freedom Mobile coverage so im with Public.

Also Public Mobile has rewards. With all my rewards on the 25$ plan I pay roughly 14$. The price is good but my only complaint is that I dont have enough data.

Highlighted

The problem is is that I live in a major city centre and freedom still manages to be crap. No service anywhere, when you're in the mall, when you're in Walmart, superstore, no service - the only time I get service is  when I'm outside But even then it's very patchy depending on where you go... If they can't provide good service in the city centre. i Can't imagine how horrible it would be in places like Kamloops or Kelowna. 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@BearFBI 

I'm with @Colinh90 on this one....when I was with freedom I had no problem with the price and the customer service was decent but getting service outside of Vancouver without roaming was near impossible and inside of most buildings sketchy at best but the infrequent signal in my house was what really did them in for me. What's the point of having limiting mobile service that it requires you to have a backup service for important calls you can't afford to miss? Not only did my two lines switched to pm become cheaper than either line was with freedom or telus now with rewards they are practically free......once loyalty kicks in next month they are officially free!

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well I pay $40 for 5 GB. Granted I never use it it all. But is it really worth going to 2 GB TO SAVE $5?

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@rossputin It really depends on your usage. if your average usage is under 2gb then I'd say it's worth the savings. you can always plan ahead and change your plan to a higher data amount if you know you will be needing it

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How can I get this deal if I already am a customer? I only see the 35$ in the list, but it's supposed to be 30$ for the 35$ plan (with 2GB)

This deal will apply every month or only one time?

Thank you!