Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting May 12th, 2020 our current promotion of 500MB of bonus data on the $35 plan will be available in Self-Serve, meaning it is available for existing customers. This will be available for a limited time. 

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $35 per 30 days
  • 1GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 
  • If you are already on the $35 plan and would like to receive the bonus data, you will have to switch your plan in Self-Serve

How to get this offer: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

2.Go to “Plan and Add-ons”

3.Select “Change Plan”

4.Select the ready-made plan “$35 for 1.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

@mpcontact wrote:

How can I make sure , I think I got it when I took plan first time. not sure if it was purchase or its was added. Below is my plan details, u will see tow sections

My Plan
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB Data
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
$45 per 30 Days

My Add-ons

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

@mpcontact 

Your data is LTE 1 GB.  The newer plans are only 3G speed data.  For most people, the downgraded speed won't make a big difference, but for some people, it will make a difference. You will keep your talk add on. 

Misah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @mpcontact ,

You won't losse your add-ons.

If you want to stay in your current plan, just re-choose it and you will have more data, I mean 5Giga with auto-pay

mpcontact

Hi, 

I have been paying this for so long, is there something you can do ? 

I do not want to lose :400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

when I try to change to $35 - I get this msg:  This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds.
You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change.

@mpcontact  you can change your plan. You will not loose the 400 min long distance add-on.

Not sure why you're paying so much for 1gig.

Currently it's $40 for 4.5 gigs.. if you are on autopay $38 for 5 gigs

mpcontact

How can I make sure , I think I got it when I took plan first time. not sure if it was purchase or its was added. Below is my plan details, u will see tow sections

My Plan
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 1GB Data
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text
$45 per 30 Days

My Add-ons

400 min Intl Long Distance (Incl Canada & US)

@mpcontact  please click the 3 dots on right side of your post and you will see an edit option.

Please delete your 289 phone number as this is a public forum and everyone can see it.

@mpcontact hi if that's a an add-on that you've purchased then you won't lose it when switching to the newer plans. if it was a promotion then you might depending on the terms and conditions. 

mpcontact

Hi 

I am  paying $45 for 1 GB data - I m long time customer - I want to switch but I am afraid I will lose 500 min international calling.

Can you look into my account and please give me suggestion ?

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

$25 plan not enough data. $40 plan too much money. $30 plan makes sense. I will stick with my $10 plan.

The $35/1.5Gb or even 2 Gb plan has been about the least sought after plan that PM offers. $30 for 2 Gb is about where it should be fitting between the $25/1Gb and $40/5Gb plans. I suspect that is ultimately where it will land and become available to all customers in that configuration.

AE_Collector

Mukkadan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah, even the new Customers also get the same plan. so give  existing customer a better plan with a low price

Mukkadan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yeah this one is a great deal but please give some special offer for the present customers

@mastweb  best of luck. Stay safe!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mastweb wrote:

@Jb456 

Oh yeah it's not exactly the same deal. This is the one I'd like to get :

2020-07-21 17_16_51-Window.png

 Maybe it's only for new customers? Which would suck...

I'm in Quebec

The $30 2GB Quebec plan is still available for new activation only according to the plan details.  You phone number must be a phone number with Quebec area code.

Offer available to new customers who activate online only.

mastweb

Thank you for your help! I have contacted the Moderators. I will try that!

have a good night!

@mastweb  unfortunately as per the terms of that promotion it is for new customers only that sign up online. They ran this promotion to compete with another Quebec provider.

Screenshot_20200721_172600.jpg

Although not an indication of how long you have been an active customer with PM I do see that you have created your community account in 2017. You could always contact the moderators and see if they're willing to give you the promotion as a long standing customer. NO GUARANTEES it would be at there discretion.

You can open a ticket with the chat bot.

Simon.JPG

If you're having trouble with the chat bot. You can private message them at link below.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

mastweb

@Jb456 

Oh yeah it's not exactly the same deal. This is the one I'd like to get :

2020-07-21 17_16_51-Window.png

 Maybe it's only for new customers? Which would suck...

I'm in Quebec

@mastweb  what province are you in?

Your screenshot (below) shows 2 gigs. See 1.5. gig then It says 500mb for autopay.

That's the plan you would want to select.  select change at next renewal. So at next payment due date. That plan will be charged and will start. You'll have it for as long as you keep the plan.

2020-07-21 17_05_33-Window.png

mastweb

I already have Autopay on my account, yes

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@mastweb also. Did you add autopay?

@mastweb 

Are you in Quebec? And did you activate online?

Only Quebec is $30 by activating online not in-store.

mastweb

@gpixel 

Sorry I was lazy and added the numbers 😛

@Jb456 

Here's what I see in My Account :

2020-07-21 17_05_33-Window.png

 it says 35$ and not 30$

@gpixel  for Quebec there is a $30 / 2gig plan (for new signups) All other provinces are $35.

Screenshot_20200721_165648.jpg

@mastweb  you can log into your self serve account and click"change plan". It will show you all the plan options that you can select. 

IMPORTANT: two ways to change plan.

1- change now (or it says top up now if you don't have a balance) this method will charge you right away, new plan will start and you will not be refunded for unused days on old plan.

2- change at next renewal. The preferred choice by many. New plan and new charge will be at your next renewal date.

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

@mastweb there isn't a plan for $30/2gb it's $35/1.5gb+500mb (2gb) auto-pay

mastweb

How can I get this deal if I already am a customer? I only see the 35$ in the list, but it's supposed to be 30$ for the 35$ plan (with 2GB)

This deal will apply every month or only one time?

Thank you!

@rossputin It really depends on your usage. if your average usage is under 2gb then I'd say it's worth the savings. you can always plan ahead and change your plan to a higher data amount if you know you will be needing it

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Well I pay $40 for 5 GB. Granted I never use it it all. But is it really worth going to 2 GB TO SAVE $5?

@BearFBI 

I'm with @Colinh90 on this one....when I was with freedom I had no problem with the price and the customer service was decent but getting service outside of Vancouver without roaming was near impossible and inside of most buildings sketchy at best but the infrequent signal in my house was what really did them in for me. What's the point of having limiting mobile service that it requires you to have a backup service for important calls you can't afford to miss? Not only did my two lines switched to pm become cheaper than either line was with freedom or telus now with rewards they are practically free......once loyalty kicks in next month they are officially free!

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The problem is is that I live in a major city centre and freedom still manages to be crap. No service anywhere, when you're in the mall, when you're in Walmart, superstore, no service - the only time I get service is  when I'm outside But even then it's very patchy depending on where you go... If they can't provide good service in the city centre. i Can't imagine how horrible it would be in places like Kamloops or Kelowna. 

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cellphoneuser1 Freedom's network is bad but if you stick to a prepaied plan and only use the nationwide network with WiFi calling here and there it works perfectly. Freedom requires 50% usage on their network and Wifi calling counts as the "Freedom Network" so you'll be all set.

Public does have a way better network and its avalible in all areas covered by Bell/Telus. Where I am i don't have Freedom Mobile coverage so im with Public.

Also Public Mobile has rewards. With all my rewards on the 25$ plan I pay roughly 14$. The price is good but my only complaint is that I dont have enough data.

Need Help? Let's chat.