Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting May 12th, 2020 our current promotion of 500MB of bonus data on the $35 plan will be available in Self-Serve, meaning it is available for existing customers. This will be available for a limited time. 

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $35 per 30 days
  • 1GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 
  • If you are already on the $35 plan and would like to receive the bonus data, you will have to switch your plan in Self-Serve

How to get this offer: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

2.Go to “Plan and Add-ons”

3.Select “Change Plan”

4.Select the ready-made plan “$35 for 1.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

@Colinh90 

Freedom - good prices, bad network

Network is much better at Public Mobile but can't say the same about autopay and renewals.

Colinh90
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Back in the day freedom mobile had two gigs of data for $30, but of course I've become more intertwined with my phone over the years, i  and use my data more often  so a two gig plan just doesn't cut it anymore. 5 to 6 gigs is where it's at but having a 10 gig plan would be nicer. I had a 10 gig plan For $50 with the freedom mobile, But it was too frustrating, unreliable and not worth the extra two gigs. Public has 8 for 50 But the network is reliable. Although I hope one day we can have eight gigs for 40. 

@Colinh90 

That's the reason that this promotion isn't popular.  Most people would go for $40 plan.  At $35, this offer is priced too high.

Colinh90

Why not just go for the 5 gigs for 40, only 5 bucks more

@Asif634 wrote:

Thats a good plan but if the price point was a little lower it would be popular. 

I don't think many would agree with you.  I think that this plan is junk. It doesn't include anywhere near the data required to make it a good deal at $35. I see this as almost advertising something that is higher than regular price (it isn't really) as a deal/promotion.

Asif634
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thats a good plan but if the price point was a little lower it would be popular. 

Asif634

You are correct. 

Asif634

Yes its a good plan for sure.

@MoreYummy 

Everyone has a better deal than the current offer. This offer is bad. Public's regular plans are better than this promo.

which carrier has beter deal than current offer?  

@dkai12 

Do you need help restoring your service? We can help with that.....theres a bit of a learning curve here but if I can do it you can do it. You can pay more for a call centre somewhere else but you still can't call them for help at 2 am. You can get help here in the middle of the night and you will learn how to fix it yourself. You can either get under the hood and fix it or call a tow truck and wait....then pull out your wallet and pay.

While you learn and spend time on the community you get the added bonus of possibly earning a community reward and lowering your bill. The empowerment part is free!

To tag someone just tap the "@" key and the username will pop up (tap on it) or type after the "@" and the name will pop up for you to tap.

Public mobile periodically gives away freebies to loyal customers like data add ons and runs contests to win prizes like Amazon e-gift cards, data add ons and even a free year of service!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dkai12 wrote:

agree

@dkai12 

Unfortunately, this site doesn't show who you've replied to when you click on Reply under a post. So it's rather more helpful to either use the username or tag them or quote the post (on a desktop) to follow context.

Just saying "agree" out of the blue to nothing is completely meaningless.

Moved:

@dkai12 

When it comes to pricing, Public Mobile does closely watch competitors, specificly Chatr and Lucky, for pricing.  However, live customer service would be a complete change in Public Mobile's business model.

dkai12

other carriers have better price

you can contact live agents if you have issues 

i had no service for 16-18 hours which is unacceptable 

dkai12

that makes sense

but paying too much

dkai12

I’m looking for new carrier

dkai12

should be still valid

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@dkai12 glad to hear your thinking about staying. Upgrading to the promo $35 plan will give you 2GB of data each month with autopay on, and as was stated earlier and add on or bonus data you received will not expire.

dkai12

5$ less

@dkai12  Bonus data add-ons are associated with your account and not your plan so no, you will not lose it by switching plans.

@dkai12 wrote:

I’m on 35$ plan with 1gb

if I update to new 35$ plan do I lose all my bonus data??

@dkai12 

Which bonus data?  Is it a one time 1GB data add on?  Or re-occurring monthly data add on promotion, when you signed up for Public mobile?  

If it is an one time data add on, you will keep the data add on if change plans.  

dkai12

I’m on 35$ plan with 1gb

if I update to new 35$ plan do I lose all my bonus data??

@Helenz 

Same as this but $5 less for Quebec

Helenz

@Tiana_V Hi, what's the promotion in Quebec now?

Thanks,

oglat
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@buang99 

It should be $30

buang99

This should become permanent. Some providers are already offering better plans than this.

Carniam

@helenhelen you are right it does add up, though luckily with PM there are ways to negate that difference. Best of luck!

@dabr thanks for the info

@Carniam wrote:

@helenhelen that makes sense, though just a heads up as I’m not too sure if they warn you prior to price adjustments (see $10 plan to $15), though at the end of the day the $40 plan has more then double the data for only an extra $5+tax. 

@Carniam   Just to clarify the $10 plan did not increase in price to $15, instead the $10 plan was discontinued.  The $15 plan started off with only100 minutes incoming and outgoing for a short period, and then PM upgraded the $15 plan to include unlimited incoming mins in addition to 100 outgoing mins.  Both old and new versions of the $15 plan always included $2 discount and 250mb data with autopay enabled.

helenhelen

that is true - it is good value for money.. but since I don't need much data at this time, I'd rather save the $5 since it adds up ($60 at end of the year).

Need Help? Let's chat.