Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting May 12th, 2020 our current promotion of 500MB of bonus data on the $35 plan will be available in Self-Serve, meaning it is available for existing customers. This will be available for a limited time. 

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $35 per 30 days
  • 1GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 
  • If you are already on the $35 plan and would like to receive the bonus data, you will have to switch your plan in Self-Serve

How to get this offer: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

2.Go to “Plan and Add-ons”

3.Select “Change Plan”

4.Select the ready-made plan “$35 for 1.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@helenhelen that makes sense, though just a heads up as I’m not too sure if they warn you prior to price adjustments (see $10 plan to $15), though at the end of the day the $40 plan has more then double the data for only an extra $5+tax. 

helenhelen

Oh I see. I have switched it to the $35 plan so that it does not expire before I can do so (I can't always login here to check everyday). I plan to switch it back to my current $25 plan before it switches over if it is not yet expiring.. as I am not in need of more data just yet, due to being home a lot (hello covid!). I will switch back to my $25 plan the day before my credit card is charged, and then once it has been charged, I will switch to the $35 plan again to put a hold on it. If I knew the expiry date though, I would just leave it until then as I don't need this much data yet (I am more than halfway through the month and used barely 300MB so far?!)

Carniam

@helenhelen i believe they are referring to the $10 off for 6 month promo. I have yet to hear a date when this current plan will expire ($35/month), though if you are interested in switching to it next month you can change your plan to this one and make the change to take effect at your next referral 

helenhelen

I am already a PM customer (not a new account), just curious about when I should switch over if I am interested in changing to a different plan for the following month. Are you trying to say that the deal expires June 26th?

I believe it is Canada wide.  Some offers are only for Quebec.

@Misah some do, but not this particular one. Stay safe. 

Misah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Everyone,
  Does such promo depend on the province?

Misah

That's great!

@helenhelenMake sure to register your email address by June 11 and activate your PM plan by June 26 using your registered email address to activate your new PM account online onlyDon't activate in-storeMore information as per Red Flags Deal and @Triguy 

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 10.53.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-06-15 at 10.54.27 PM.png

and 

@Triguy wrote:

Here is more info.   Effective June 9 2020 until June 11 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer available to new customers who submit their email address online between June 9 and 11, and then activate online using the same email address they submitted on this page by June 26 2020 at 11:59PM ET. Offer is not stackable with other promotions. $10 credit will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans of $35/mo or higher for the first 6 months. The discount will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note, the first credit will be applied within 30 days of activation, the remaining credits will be applied prior to each renewal date. This offer is subject to change without notice. This promotion is not stackable with other in-market offers.

helenhelen

When does this expire?

harshad

Exactly! That said, new customers who are activating in a set timeframe (until the 26th, I believe?) have a chance to get their costs down to $25 for six months, thanks to the offer. But that also means that the $40 plan gets down to $30. Ha! 

@harshad wrote:

Purely in terms of value, it's probably better to be on the $40 plan since it offers an extra 3 GB (a total of 5 GB on autopay, else 4.5 GB) for just $5 more - that said I recognize that not everyone may need that much data. 

I don't think you're get much argument from the Community member-base or from potential customers. The $35/2GB plan is just a bad deal for most. It's is either overpriced or doesn't include enough data.

harshad

Purely in terms of value, it's probably better to be on the $40 plan since it offers an extra 3 GB (a total of 5 GB on autopay, else 4.5 GB) for just $5 more - that said I recognize that not everyone may need that much data. 

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I like Public compare to Lucky or chatr for its rewards and frequent promos. great affordable plans. 

Kdhillon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@rayvb have you changed already?  Did you loose promo add on you had?

Spring

Which carrier? Not all budget carriers are seen as competitors to PM (ie Freedom)

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

how about $30/ 2gb / month.

there is other carrier on same tier as yours had this same plan now.

Carniam

@rayvb I received this message as well with another new account that had no promos. I believe it’s just a generic warning to make sure you double check. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rayvb wrote:

When I go to choose this change I get this message: "After changing your plan, you will lose your current promotion."

Does this mean I will loose the 400 mins of International calling and 1 GB add-on currently on my account?

When did you activate? What promos did you get at the time?

The 400 minutes will stay. The 1gb could be promo related. But are you showing any other promos?

@rayvb 

@rayvb wrote:

When I go to choose this change I get this message: "After changing your plan, you will lose your current promotion."

Does this mean I will loose the 400 mins of International calling and 1 GB add-on currently on my account?

You will not lose any add ons when you change plans. 

rayvb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

helenhelen

Thank you - just did this! Very useful tip!

@tanyar21 wrote:

I have been trying to find out also if the 1GB recurring promo was stackable, but no answer as of yet,but what I did is I went ahead and did the process to change my plan to the SPECIAL OFFER, and at the end it shows you your new plan and the 1gb/month promo does not show up, so I did not go through with it, I did not have the other promos u had,but I just rewrote a moderator, waiting for answer, I'll get back if I get news.

@tanyar21 

if you activated during the Dec 4th to 8th 2019 promo it sounds like you will keep the promo 1gb of data. You may want to confirm with the moderators. The conditions of that promotion is as follows:

• Purchase a SIM card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  • To redeem, activate online or in-store by December 8th on any rate plan $35/mo or higher. 
  • Eligible customers will receive 1 GB of bonus data within 10 business days of activation
  • Starting in the second month, 1 GB of data will be added to your monthly plan and will be received upon renewal
  • 1GB bonus will remain on the account as long as customers remains on an eligible rate plan of $35/mo or higher and the account remains in good standing
  • The 1GB of bonus data will stay on your account so long as your plan remains above $35/month

@Korth wrote:

@Ducharmemetal wrote:

Canada has highest cell\data rates in the industry. 5gb for 30$ is more like it and competitive to world markets.

Public doesn't even bother trying to compete vs Lucky, Chatr, and Freedom.

What makes you think they'd put any effort into competing with foreign carriers?

For a large part, Public Mobile does compete with Lucky and Chatr, with the the three often copying each other.  Public hasn't competed with Freedom in a long while, maybe not even since 2017.

@Ducharmemetal wrote:

Canada has highest cell\data rates in the industry. 5gb for 30$ is more like it and competitive to world markets.

Public doesn't even bother trying to compete vs Lucky, Chatr, and Freedom.

What makes you think they'd put any effort into competing with foreign carriers?

Ducharmemetal

@Alwx 

Unfortunately you had to fulfill certain conditions which included being a customer for 45 days, currently on the $25 plan and respond by April 30th to the targeted text offer YES35.

So yes it's not fair but it's not fair to the majority of pm customers not just new ones.

Alwx

I tried to add the free data on my 25 plan and they said couldn't get it which isn't fair. A new customer

@helenhelen  

You can pick the promotional plan in your account and schedule it to change on your next renewal. If by that time (the day before) you still don't need the plan and it's still on offer just cancel the scheduled " change on next renewal" back to your normal plan and let it renew as normal. Then just schedule the promotional plan to "change on your next renewal " again. That way you preserve the opportunity to snag the plan if it's rescinded. As long as it's scheduled to change when they remove it you can still get it.

helenhelen

I guess it means logging in daily to check then. I want to hold off till the last minute as I don't need it yet, but I also don't want to miss it!

Need Help? Let's chat.