Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $35 2GB Plan Limited Time Offer

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

Hey Community, 

Starting May 12th, 2020 our current promotion of 500MB of bonus data on the $35 plan will be available in Self-Serve, meaning it is available for existing customers. This will be available for a limited time. 

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $35 per 30 days
  • 1GB + 500MB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 
  • If you are already on the $35 plan and would like to receive the bonus data, you will have to switch your plan in Self-Serve

How to get this offer: 

1.Log in on Self Serve

2.Go to “Plan and Add-ons”

3.Select “Change Plan”

4.Select the ready-made plan “$35 for 1.5GB + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

313 REPLIES 313

nguifombeoh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank  you. Will do so subsequently 

@nguifombeoh 

Type the @ symbol and select one of the names that pops up (like i did above this line) so we know which response you are referring to with each comment.

None of the current versions of the $35 plan at the moment are the best deal at PM but if 1Gb of data just isn’t ever enough for someone but they would never exceed 2Gb of Data, the $35 plan is “the Greatest”! It fills a niche but isn’t going to win a popularity contest with large numbers of customers at the moment.

AE_Collector

nguifombeoh

Exactly.  The promotion should have been same like last year or even better but not what it is now. I don't really see any benefits 

nguifombeoh

Exactly 

nguifombeoh

Well said. 

There have been several new promos centred around the $35 plan lately. Some of them targeted at new customers, or Quebec customers, and even the current one Now available to any customers. All encouraging activity in my mind, they are testing the waters, checking price/data points, seeing what the interest is like. The only thing we know for certain is that the final product (Though nothing is ever final) should be a better deal than the 1/1.5 Gb for $35 plan.

AE_Collector

That is a better deal than the 2G for $35.00

Maybe they will have a 40.00 plan thats 6G of data lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@vn33 wrote:

Last month my wife got a targeted-offer (via a text message) to switch from her current $25/1Gb plan to $35 for 3Gb. Of course we jumped on it. Her plan just switched to the new plan yesterday so now she has 3Gb/unlimited CA voice/ Int'l text for $35.

IMHO, this is a good price point and usability for a phone plan. Wish every Carrier would have this as an option.

Depends on your needs and preferences of consuming cell service. I wish there was a basic, minimum charge for the privilege of having an account. And then consumable add-ons for talk, text, data. Add-ons stay on until consumed. No wasting of paid-for features.

vn33
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Last month my wife got a targeted-offer (via a text message) to switch from her current $25/1Gb plan to $35 for 3Gb. Of course we jumped on it. Her plan just switched to the new plan yesterday so now she has 3Gb/unlimited CA voice/ Int'l text for $35.

IMHO, this is a good price point and usability for a phone plan. Wish every Carrier would have this as an option.

@nicksterv 

Let me correct myself....if you activated during the Dec 4th to 8th 2019 promo it sounds like you will keep the promo 1gb of data. You may want to confirm with the moderators. The conditions of that promotion is as follows:

• Purchase a SIM card: Click here to order online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a participating retailer.
  • To redeem, activate online or in-store by December 8th on any rate plan $35/mo or higher. 
  • Eligible customers will receive 1 GB of bonus data within 10 business days of activation
  • Starting in the second month, 1 GB of data will be added to your monthly plan and will be received upon renewal
  • 1GB bonus will remain on the account as long as customers remains on an eligible rate plan of $35/mo or higher and the account remains in good standing
  • The 1GB of bonus data will stay on your account so long as your plan remains above $35/month

@nicksterv 

It is likely you would lose it. What was your activation date?

nicksterv
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Recurring 1gb/month

@nicksterv wrote:

I had a 1gb promo, on my original 35$/ month, but when i went for the new promo, 35$ 2 gb, it says that i would lose the 1gb promo, but someone replied that it will be transfered, .....so if that could be cleared up, as I did look for terms and conditions of my 1gb promo, but I can not seem to find that, to check if it was stackable or not.Thanks.

Members would have to know which 1GB promo that you're speaking of to be able to answer this question.  Is it a free one-time giveaway from around Christmas or is it a recurring 1GB amount for each renewal?

nicksterv

I had a 1gb promo, on my original 35$/ month, but when i went for the new promo, 35$ 2 gb, it says that i would lose the 1gb promo, but someone replied that it will be transfered, .....so if that could be cleared up, as I did look for terms and conditions of my 1gb promo, but I can not seem to find that, to check if it was stackable or not.Thanks.

@jfa wrote:

So does it include picture messaging or not?

Yes. All current plans, except for the data-only plan, include picture messaging.

jfa

So does it include picture messaging or not?

I agree... I would have upgraded if it were a $30 price point.

Yes, started for new customers and then made available to everyone soon after. Wording rarely gets reviewed and adjusted As needed. There was some promo last Black Friday time frame where the wording was so messed up they finally decided to give the Additional promo Item that was added on the fly to everyone Who had started from a certain date.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kelvarnsen 

Did you read the OP? It was opened up to existing customers.

Like text gets changed around here. 🙂

@kelvarnsen wrote:

So I am wondering why when you go to the terms and conditions on the plan page it says "Offer available to new customers who activate online only.".

But in my account this plan is available for me as an existing customer.

This plan was originally offered only to new customers. It has since been made available to existing customers.

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

So I am wondering why when you go to the terms and conditions on the plan page it says "Offer available to new customers who activate online only.".

But in my account this plan is available for me as an existing customer.

@SunnyK wrote:

I tried doing all of that, but it still doesnt seem to work?

My self service account shows international texting, so I dont know why its still now workinng

@SunnyK 

Something went wrong when you changed plans.  You should have texting.  

Might want to try two tricks that might re-activate/reset your plan:
1.  Report your phone lost/stolen in self service account. 

To report your phone  lost/stolen.  Login to your account.  Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Then choose Lost/Stolen Phone tab.  The choose Suspend Service tab.  Logout.  Wait few minutes.  Login in and report your phone found.  Reboot phone.

2.  Manually add $1 into your balance. 
These actions sometimes will reset your SIM/re-activate account. 

If these tricks don't work, then you will need to contact moderator to check your account.  Maybe account provision issue.  

To contact moderator via 2 methods:

1. Ticketing system - faster response time

Click on the question mark on the right lower corner of website to start ticketing process to contact moderator.  Type: Contact moderator. Follow the prompts to submit ticket.  

or

2 Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@CraftyFarmeryes as long as you have it activated that does not change.

Autopay can be glitchy, I would suggest topping your account up to whatever your next payment will be either right away or set a reminder on your calendar to make a one-time payment prior to your plan expiring. Then you will still receive the autopay credit and your service will not be interrupted. 

Also when changing plans make sure to set up to change on renewal or else you will lose the funds you paid for the 30 day period. There are no pro-rated payments. 

CraftyFarmer

Do you still get $2 off your bill in autopay rewards if you change to a different plan?

@445935293 

if your profile name is a personal number in anyway I would suggest contacting moderators immediatley and asking them to change your profile name. 

https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

@CraftyFarmer
Means the promotion is for a limited time, once you have it it will stay with your plan until you change your plan. Make sure you have signed up for autopay to receive the extra 500mb as well.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

good plan

@CraftyFarmer wrote:

This is great. All I had to do was update my plan to go from 1.5G to 2G....for the same price! How often do you get more for the same amount? Usually companies charge more and give you less instead of the other way around. 

I do have a question. Does it mean you can only sign up for a limited time, or that after a limited time your plan will be reset to the 1.5G? Just want to make sure I get no surprises. 

Limited time means that customers can only sign up for the plan during the promotional period.

CraftyFarmer

This is great. All I had to do was update my plan to go from 1.5G to 2G....for the same price! How often do you get more for the same amount? Usually companies charge more and give you less instead of the other way around. 

I do have a question. Does it mean you can only sign up for a limited time, or that after a limited time your plan will be reset to the 1.5G? Just want to make sure I get no surprises. 

@SunnyK  depending on the country you are texting you have to add 011 or + in front of the number. Unless it's to the Caribbean or North America then it's 1. Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.