cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

@Kvee88 : This place requires 3G for voice but can use 4G for data and texting. It can also use 3G for data and texting. 4G for data is throttled down in speed to 3Mbps.

Kvee88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@kb_mv whatever way it is it works perfectly fine for me with no coverage interruptions, I can make and take calls, access the internet and all my apps when I'm not on wifi. Telus told me I would have crappy service 🙄 but anywhere I go its perfectly fine. 

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Kvee88 : Telus themselves told you that?! Wow. I would expect that from some mall vendor but not Telus. Interesting. I can't imagine that would be an official Telus stance and that more likely just some perception of the call centre agent you spoke to.

I should go into my local real Telus store and see what they say for fun.

Kvee88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@z10user4  Yes it was actually a Telus rep. Like I said I talked with them for a good hour and got nowhere, as soon as I said I was switching to Public Mobile he started telling me about shotty coverage and slow speeds. I didn't really look into it before switching to see what networks PM used, my brother in law has a couple phones with PM so I knew it couldn't be that bad. Telus Rep just tried to get me to switch to Koodo/stay with Telus instead of PM, and used coverage and speeds as an excuse.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Kvee88 wrote:

Telus Rep just tried to get me to switch to Koodo/stay with Telus instead of PM, and used coverage and speeds as an excuse.

@Kvee88 That's funny seeing as how all 3 use the same towers.

bluejaywpg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Implying worse coverage with PM is, I assume, a lie - unless Telus has 1 single tower somewhere in the country that cannot be used with PM for the sole purpose of being technically able to say coverage with PM is worse LOL.

Speed is based on need. I've found that PM's speed is really all I need. I don't need to watch HD videos (though it would be nice on occasion) while not on WiFi, & other things I use on the go like Facebook / email / web work well.

Though if I see a good offer for a plan with a new 5G phone that I want at an excellent price (for Boxing Day for example), I could be lured over.  So far, everything I've seen is crappy.  And I'm in no rush - I'm mostly satisfied with PM right now, along with paying a reasonable price.

Need Help? Let's chat.