cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Re: PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

@dreadre wrote:

I live in Vancouver, and yes Covid has been difficult all around. Unfortunately, I'm immunocompromised, so I am limiting my interactions to the absolute essentials. I understand there are delays, but I hope some adjustments can be made to accomodate to the gaps in the arrival of SIM cards purchased during the promotion.

For future reference, when there is an announced end date for a promotion, there are unofficial ways to get things done by pre-activating a sim card provided by a third party who then mails it it to you. The dowside is losing some days of service while your sim card is in transit, but the upside is securing the offer.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dreadre 

That's unfortunate that you missed out on the plan you wanted and short sighted of pm to not actually add it as a regular plan let alone eliminate it with barely any notice and with a poorly worded/ambiguous time ( sometime on the 17th). The community is a very helpful bunch had you told us your issue a little sooner we could have come up with a solution for you. ( I live in Vancouver and have a little addiction to buying cheap sim cards......)

Unlike a flash sale promotion a plan promotion once removed from self serve isn't something you could just add to ones account like a credit. So in your case your request to be offered the $30/2gb is not an easy task so very unlikely to be granted. Register your email for the flash sale and thenbtake a few days to decide which plan suits you better. The $25/1gb, $35/2gb or the $40/5gb?

I have a feeling you would get along ok on the $25/1gb especially if you're staying home a lot and on WiFi. Or you could activate on the $40/5gb plan take your first week or two and be a little conservative, enable all your data saving functions and test out how much data you really use.......then go hog wild for the second 15 days o your plan and enjoy the rest of the 5gb of data on your plan. Once you decide what you really need wait for the $40 credit to be applied to the account and schedule any plan change to occur on your next renewal.

If you think you might need a little more than 1gb every month the $15/1gb data add on might suit your needs. It will remain on your account until completely consumed. So having a buffer to rely on each month will only cost you a few dollars more each month.($1.50/100mb, $3.75/250mb,$7.50/500mb.....) If you find you use almost the whole 1gb data add on then change on the next renewal to the $35/2gb plan or just pay the extra $5 for 3gb's more and get the $40/5gb plan.

Public mobile could always offer the $30/2gb plan again or something similar....

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. I've never heard of these third parties. Can you share them with me? 

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@dreadre 

I can't be too specific because it would be considered advertising. What I will say is that there are private online sellers who will allow you to (or require you to) activate the sim card before you get it. Check online marketplaces for that. Whie you lose out on paid days of service while the SIM is in the mail, you would also lock in the promotion.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dreadre 

I can't be too specific because it would be considered advertising. What I will say is that there are private online sellers who will allow you to (or require you to) activate the sim card before you get it. Check online marketplaces for that. Whie you lose out on paid days of service while the SIM is in the mail, you would also lock in the promotion.

And I would add that there could be a trust issue of giving at minimum a real email address. It could be changed later by the mods but still...extra hassle. As darlicious was alluding to...regulars here would be happy to meet up with you to get you going. Regulars have spares. They would like the referral for their troubles but they're all around helpful folks in that you don't HAVE to use their referral. You get the SIM and walk away. No obligation. I'm sure there are sterile ways to make the acquisition.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@z10user4 wrote:

And I would add that there could be a trust issue of giving at minimum a real email address. It could be changed later by the mods but still...extra hassle. As darlicious was alluding to...regulars here would be happy to meet up with you to get you going. Regulars have spares. They would like the referral for their troubles but they're all around helpful folks in that you don't HAVE to use their referral. You get the SIM and walk away. No obligation. I'm sure there are sterile ways to make the acquisition.

If anyone is in the Hub City area and needs a hand..... 

Need Help? Let's chat.