cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@z10user4 I see. So if I decided today to change to a different plan, I would pay the 1st month charge immediately (less any rewards on account) & my due date for the next cycle would be October 12th?

Again, I'm not sure about the rewards part. Yes...a new 30 days.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

So the only reason to ever do an “immediate change” would be because you have run out of something that you cant live without until your next renewal.

-Out of data on day 20 and realize the permanent solution is going to be to move up to the next higher plan? Then once out of data do the immediate change. You have then forfeited what was left of your previous 30 day old plan but if you’ve run it of something then so be it. You Are charged for and start your new 30 day term right then on the new plan. 

If you realize you wont make it the 30 days but arent out of data yet, either find a way to stretch what you have remaining OR wait until you completely use it up and THEN do the immediate change to a new plan but only if the new plan is the best fix, not to fix a one time problem. One time problems on an otherwise perfect for you plan should be fixed with an add-on or wifi or a 500 minutes for $5 add-on of talking minutes are the problem this month.

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just sign into your account and click the plans add on button and follow.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Looks like this promo plans ends this Thursday, September 17.  That is unfortunate.  It is a good price point for a 2 GB plan.  

PM updated the announcement.  

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hmm, my next payment comes out on the 19th. I was thinking about switching to that plan, so I'll have to give it some serious thought this week. I guess I can try it for a month & there's always the option to switch back to my old plan if I decide it's not worth it.

Thanks for pointing that out @Dunkman 

Highlighted

I just noticed something.  Once that promo expires after Thursday, it will leave a pretty large gap in the plans.  The $25 plan with just 1 GB of data jumps to 4.5 GB at the $40 plan.  The $30 promo filled that gap nicely.

To those that have been with PM for some time (I've only been with PM for 4 months), what do you think will happen after Thursday, based on PM's past practices?  Nothing?  A new promo to fill the gap?  A restructuring of the existing plans (plus a new 5th plan or a new promo elsewhere)?  A combination of changes?

This is what it looks like without the promo.

bluejaywpg_0-1600129176132.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I cant find any indication on the plans page that it is ending on Sept 17. Where is the notice hiding? I feel as though Ive seen this before, notice of a promo coming to an end only to have it become a regular plan rather than disappearing. It could get changed to be more similar to the 1 and 5 Gb plans with 1.5Gb data and 1/2 Gb autopay bonus. 

AE_Collector

Highlighted

What time did this offer end today? Not to be a stickler or constant complainer, but more for future reference - it's still Thursday September 17 where I live but the offer is gone & now replaced by what looks like the same plan but for $35. I was thinking about switching but I guess it's too late now. I wish I had checked earlier but I was busy for most of the day. Oh well, I'll stick with my current plan & consider the next promo.

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@bluejaywpg wrote:

What time did this offer end today? Not to be a stickler or constant complainer, but more for future reference - it's still Thursday September 17 where I live but the offer is gone & now replaced by what looks like the same plan but for $35. I was thinking about switching but I guess it's too late now. I wish I had checked earlier but I was busy for most of the day. Oh well, I'll stick with my current plan & consider the next promo.

Public Mobile definitely got this one wrong. More troubling is the lack of response about the concerns and complaints about this, and even a situation in which a moderator would not or could not get a customer onto the $30 plan despite this being Public Mobile's error. Then to make an annoucement about a new, worse plan as if it's a good thing is laughable. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

I would assume at midnight eastern / 9 pm pacific. Everything at PM starts/stops at 9PM Pacific in my almost 2 years here.

So at least the plan is now 1.5 Gb plus 500 Mb Autopay bonus like the rest of the $25 and higher plans. But I am surprised that it actually went back to $35.

AE_Collector