Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

**UPDATE**

The limited-time $30 2GB plan promotion ends Canada-wide on Thursday, September 17, 2020. 

If you have the $30 2GB plan today and want to continue with it, no action is required. However, if you switch to another plan you will not be able to switch back to the $30 2GB plan after September 17, 2020, as it will no longer be available.

For Public Mobile customers in Quebec, the limited-time 500MB data promotion will be expiring with the $30 2GB plan as well on September 17, 2020.

Edit made on September 14, 2020.

Hey Community,

Starting August 7th, 2020, we are offering a $30 2GB plan available for a limited time only.  

What does this mean for you? 

For a limited time, existing customers can change their rate plan to the following:

• $30 per 30 days
  • 500MB + 1GB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

Important things to know: 

• Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed
  • Previous promotions that have been applied to the account that have been indicated as ‘non-stackable’ will be removed when you switch to this plan. To see if a promotion you currently have applied to your account is ‘non-stackable’ please check the terms of that specific promotion. 

How to get this offer: 

1. Log in on Self Serve
  2. Go to “Plan and Add-ons”
  3. Select “Change Plan”
  4. Select the ready-made plan “$30 for 500MB + 1GB Bonus + 500 MB AutoPay Bonus”. You will have the option of changing your plan immediately or upon the next renewal date.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Team

175 REPLIES 175

mkg20
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am really glad I found PM when I did. I was paying $80 for a grandfathered in plan with Videotron (~10GBs unlimited talk/text/pics/voicemail/call disp/call waiting). 

Being at home...no one needs 10GBs. I only got it because when I signed up during a Boxing day sale years back they were offering Spotify free (didn't eat into your data) and the CRTC said, "uhm...no." and gave them a hand slap. So instead they topped everyone's data for "free".

mkg20

I find that so interesting. Isn't PM owned by Telus? 

Natemoberly
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

thanks

Kvee88

I love the PM plans personally, for the same thing as this $30 plan Telus wanted $65. Just switched for exactly that reason. Best plans Round in my opinion!

MoreYummy
Mayor / Maire

wow.   many are waiting for this.  good timing!  

zblackma
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Thanks for the plan. Its worded properly on the change plan page. 

@aaleem let's see what chatr does, they're lagging behind right now. if they change their plan to $30/1.5gb I can see the plan staying longer. I hope this plan replaces the $35 plan. 

and if we can get pm to add that extra 500mb for auto-pay. 😉 then we don't even need the $35/3gb 

make it rain on 'em! 🍾

aaleem

PROMO: $30 for 2GB, Limited Time Offer ... what does 'limited time offer' actually mean in terms of duration for Public mobile  ?. days ,weeks or months .....I have seen most of these limited time promos lasting for a year , over the last 3 years

@aaleem wrote:

I have following promos applied to my account 

- $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 1GB Add-on
- $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US)
- 1GB Promo

Which ones are ‘non-stackable’ of these three  i.e. which ones will I loose if I switch my plan to $30 2 GB plan?

@aaleem

Since these appear to be add-ons, they are linked to your account and not to your plan. You are free to switch your plan without any risk of losing add-ons.

@aaleem Those were all 1 time giveaways that you should keep regardless of the plan you are on.

@aaleem wrote:

- 1GB Promo

Which ones are ‘non-stackable’ of these three  i.e. which ones will I loose if I switch my plan to $30 2 GB plan?

None of them. You'll keep all as long as they are listed as add-ons.

aaleem

- 1GB Promo

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Agree. While I'm aware that you cannot do too much with 128kb/s, basic things like iMessage, WhatsApp, Viber would continue to work and that's really important to me.. I'm on verge to switch to Lucky just cause of that.. You know, communication will be working even if you use all the data.. 

smp99

I found I had similar experiences as @mpscotia  with Lucky's unlimited data when I did a test a number of months ago. No video streaming and some web pages were quite slow, but most other things did work fine, including Spotify.

mpscotia

I actually bought a Lucky SIM month or so ago and tried the $15 data only package that throttled so I could see how the throttled data worked for *my* uses. I thought the throttled data worked great (again for my uses)!

Spotify streamed a song continuously with 1-2 seconds of initial buffering. Google maps worked perfect. Email was easy as was IM. Chrome worked surprisingly well as did my Facebook lite app. Duo audio worked flawlessly. I even tried a Facebook video call and the sound worked fine but I was playing at 1-2fps. 🙂 But I use my phone mostly as a communications tool and not as a media consumption device and being able to stay connected on throttled data was great and hope PM follows suit.

@mpscotia that is actually a great idea! this would be easy for pm to add to the plan. 2.5gb with auto-pay sounds really good!

the unlimited data is a fail. you can barely do anything on it...

mpscotia

I was a little disappointed in the wording. I was really hoping to see 2gb + 500mb with autopay, but one can only wish! Now to convince them to replace the 500mb autopay with the option of throttled unlimited as a bonus/option instead. Lucky's 1gb and 2gb plans with throttled unlimited afterwards are very attractive.

Pawprints1986

@gpixel wrote:

@Pawprints1986 at the current moment the plan reads as follow

• This plan includes: -
  • - 2GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

there is no 1gb bonus, it's one block of data

@gpixel this is within your self serve right? youve already switched? I decided to go in and have it switch at my next renew which isnt till the 24th. but thats fine with me! It does say 2gb as a block when looking at the available plans in self serve. Just wish theyd fix the actual main page wording, so people like me dont get confused or worried about bonuses dropping improperly. its also neat they give you the option to undo the change! up until that point anyway

Hoping the 25 1gb plan is here to stay as well, just in case. well, also because anxiety if that "bonus" should ever drop 🙂 anxiety sucks but great deals are awesome lol also if i find im not using into that second gb for whatever reason too, the flexibility to switch back is great!

i mean i SHOULD be fine because ive been manually topping up up until now aka not giving autopay the chance to fail, but, well because anxiety, i will worry about other random bugs happening even with the funds there. so im hoping the "behind the scenes" description of the 2gb at 3g speed are the accurate ones 🙂

jonfirlotte
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks PM! I'll spread the word and likely get a friend on board.

Rose25

I guess it means that the plan mentioned would be available for activation for a certain time period. The plan is for a period of 30 days  and would be active for 30 days even though the offer expires before that. 

Mattredwingsfan

Just to clarify on this. Is the limited meaning the offer is available for a limited time or the price plan would be available for a limited time or both? 

dac13

Good to know @AE_Collector .  While I'm sure that if an issue did arise from Autopay and it would be corrected....it's just one more issue to deal with if it can be avoided.

Well personally I wouldn’t worry about the wording of the offer. 2Gb is 2Gb. I am starting to get close to two years here now and have never had an Autopay problem. And I change plans fairly often as well. If it did mess up on renewal I think the moderators would fix it up again.

AE_Collector

dac13

@AE_Collector wrote:

On the Plans Page it is broken down into 500 Mb Data, 500 Mb AutoPay BOnus Data and 1 Gb Bonus Data. But if you go to Change Plans it shows up as just 2 Gb Data, doesn’t even indicate that 500 Mb of the Data is Autopay Bonus.

AE_Collector

Interesting.  Wonder if a new subscriber would show plan as 2 GB like the way it does via "change plan" as you mentioned.  

dac13

At first glance this sounds like a good promo but reading through some of the comments brought to my attention some great points on how the data is broken down as a bonus and another bonus for auto-pay instead of just 2 GB.

• $30 per 30 days
  • 500MB + 1GB BONUS data at 3G speeds (per 30 days)
  • 500MB BONUS data when you sign up for auto-pay (per 30 days)
  • Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • Unlimited International Text

On the Plans Page it is broken down into 500 Mb Data, 500 Mb AutoPay BOnus Data and 1 Gb Bonus Data. But if you go to Change Plans it shows up as just 2 Gb Data, doesn’t even indicate that 500 Mb of the Data is Autopay Bonus.

AE_Collector

@Pawprints1986 I think it has something to do with Lucky's offer. because that's what it says on Lucky's website. it's probably some sort of marketing limitation between the 3 providers. we should be thankful their offering the full 2gb and not the advertising plan 👍

Pawprints1986

On the main plans page not in self serve it's listed as a bonus though? 

@Pawprints1986 at the current moment the plan reads as follow

• This plan includes: -
  • - 2GB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited Canada-wide Talk
  • - Unlimited International Text

there is no 1gb bonus, it's one block of data

Pawprints1986

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Pawprints1986 wrote:

Can any mods confirm if the 1gb bonus will be able to be reinstated should any  payment bugs or account suspension under 90 days happen if the system automatically drops it for whatever reason?

I suspect that for an answer to that, you'd have to speak to someone who is familiar with the programming of the self serve website and of the plans. Alan_K might be able to answer this.

@Alan_K are you able to help confirm this for me/us at all? Will definitely be switching if the answer is yes 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.