cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Our first kiosks are now open! Check them out.

@softech wrote:

so, going back to retail model (with physical kiosks/store)?

i thought you are cutting all the phsyical means to save money

I have some mixed feelings about this.  I'd actually rather Public have zero retail presence so that customers can get the lowest possible price.  The argument on the other side could be that the company has take steps to get new customers.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Looks great! I hope you continue to open more up. I would love to see one in New Brunswick. 

There are a lot of WalMart locations in Canada, it is my understanding most if not all sell PM Sim cards... I doubt PM would be able to launch a kiosk in EVERY single town where there is a Walmart selling them and still keep costs low... As far as I know, Walmart is the only store that sells PM Sim cards, at least where I live, my one Walmart is the only place.

Now, the only reason I would prefer to buy my SIM from the store as opposed to online is strictly to save time, no waiting for one to arrive in the mail. Armed with the knowledge that I don't have to activate in store also will help me fend off any Walmart goonies who try to convince me and put on sales pressure.  I prefer to shop online, but for my SIM card I'm going to Walmart and coming home to sit down and figure out which plan I want (today actually LOL)

Don't get me wrong, I'd skip Walmart and head to a kiosk if I had the choice, in a heartbeat!  I just think it will be a while before little Grande Prairie Alberta sees a PM kiosk though, and I'm thankful there is a place I can quickly run in to grab a SIM.

I love the bike idea though. 

You know what would be cool? A bike that provided 3G data when you ride. HA.

Edit:  No, this shouldn't harm online at all.  Simplii financial used to be PC Financial, who had kiosks in all the Superstores but they didn't act like bank tellers, only customer service mostly for account sign-ups.. Everything banking related still had to be done online..

Then Simplii took over, and killed the kiosks and now even registration is done online but they do at least have customer support agents available through phone or email.. Not that that matters, I call them maybe once a year..

This community approach to support seems to work fine and I love the idea, wish more places would implement it because it is a great way to keep costs low not having to pay the wages of support agents and overhead of a call center.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are there going to be any opening in Hamilton, On ? Alot of the other retail Kiosks charge extra for purchasing a sim card, and when I try to buy one online using paypal, it says the current store is having a problem processing paypal so I have to use another payment method. That is the only payment method I have.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ML213 wrote:

Are there going to be any opening in Hamilton, On ? Alot of the other retail Kiosks charge extra for purchasing a sim card, and when I try to buy one online using paypal, it says the current store is having a problem processing paypal so I have to use another payment method. That is the only payment method I have.

@ML213  Paypal is not accepted to pay your monthly bill, if you plan on buying a sim with paypal, you best figure out a different method of payment for the future otherwise that sim won't be able to be activated if you only have paypal, unless you use paypal to a 3rd party service to buy vouchers.

Are there any kiosks in Toronto?

Hello
I am a public mobile customer since 2012 , my plan was 45 $ for 30 days for 1 GB,etc ... - till May 7 , 2019 . Lately I changed my plan on public mobile internet site for another : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , etc.. , on May 7 , 2019 it should come into force, I have proof for that. Today at about 1 pm I noticed that I don't have internet and I can't call , so I called *611 and I entered my account on public mobile internet siteb, for some reason it appeared that my plan expired today and there is no any mention about plan change. 
So I need your immediate assistance to get everything fixed today , I don't have internet or phone at home, so it is necessary for me to have it fixed today .Please  fix the issue immediately.
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@simpson wrote:

Are there any kiosks in Toronto?

Not yet.  Read some of the earlier posts about that.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Denis3 wrote:
Hello
I am a public mobile customer since 2012 , my plan was 45 $ for 30 days for 1 GB,etc ... - till May 7 , 2019 . Lately I changed my plan on public mobile internet site for another : 40 $ for 4.5 GB data , etc.. , on May 7 , 2019 it should come into force, I have proof for that. Today at about 1 pm I noticed that I don't have internet and I can't call , so I called *611 and I entered my account on public mobile internet siteb, for some reason it appeared that my plan expired today and there is no any mention about plan change. 
So I need your immediate assistance to get everything fixed today , I don't have internet or phone at home, so it is necessary for me to have it fixed today .Please  fix the issue immediately.

I think this post may be in the wrong place if you're expecting prompt attention.  Send it directly to a moderator via PM.

Spoiler
Great.  Will the staff at Richmond center, Richmond, BC speak Mandarin?