cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Our first kiosks are now open! Check them out.

@RobertQc wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

Can’t wait to see these nomadic kiosks in GTA where it really matters 😀

Hey! Them's fightin' words! Smiley Happy

@z10user4Statistics are not fightin' words Smiley Wink

GTA population 5.928 million (2016)

Montreal population 1.705 million (2016)

Calgary population 1.239 million (2016)

Edmonton population 932,550 (2016)

Richmond BC population 198,310 (2016)

Even if you don't want to consider the true "GTA", and only want to consider Toronto, Toronto has a population of 2.732 million (2016). It would make the most sense to put it in the most populated area.

I am with you on this one @Knockali 

Well, not that it matters but... you wouldn’t compare GTA population with Richmond BC population. You would compare GTA population with Greater Vancouver population - 2.463 million.

@LawfulEvil wrote:

I saw them at the Richmond Center location! Free SIM card Easter special.

The kiosk set up looked cute.

I wonder if the free SIM is a PM Easter Weekend special or a Kiosk Special? I have a friend who finally wants to make the move to PM and the $40 plan before it is history. I told him to wait a day or two just in case there was an Easter Flash Sale but I don’t see any new customer deals at all. He will likely get activated at London Drugs today using my referral number so he should get the $10 credit at least.    Terry

For anyone who has seen the Kiosk... do any of those bicycle wheels turn? Amber the pedalscturn the generator they appear to be connected to and the chain and sprockets doesn’t move? I have two 1+ year old grandsons and anything mechanical gets their attention instantly. Their fingers would be in there so fast! Even the front wheel would be getting spun by hand and anything stuck in the spokes like a little hand could result in a big problem. Just curious about these possible problems. Terry

Also, I pedalled my heart out for 5 mins and my phone's battery level went down by one percent Smiley LOL

Lol Awesome. I’m dying here imagining this. You must have been so deflated when you saw the battery go down! Hahahahaha 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@AE_Collector wrote:

For anyone who has seen the Kiosk... do any of those bicycle wheels turn? Amber the pedalscturn the generator they appear to be connected to and the chain and sprockets doesn’t move? I have two 1+ year old grandsons and anything mechanical gets their attention instantly. Their fingers would be in there so fast! Even the front wheel would be getting spun by hand and anything stuck in the spokes like a little hand could result in a big problem. Just curious about these possible problems. Terry

Amber = assume? And, yes, safety first - even though I don't believe in nanny states Smiley Happy

@jimbobs wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

Amber = assume? And, yes, safety first - even though I don't believe in nanny states Smiley Happy

Yes... assume! (Darned ipad)

And yes, basic safety is good for business and everyone else in a civilized World! 

Terry

Hmm. Pros - I would rather deal with a kiosk that knows what PM is than the WallyWorld alternative I buy my vouchers at presently. Cons: No kiosk within 300km. Will it change prices to existing plans?Man Indifferent

Mayor / Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

Here is a photo of the new PM kiosk posted at RFD.  It is a standard bicycle on stand.  Front wheel is not paddle powered.  I think it still turns by hand.  The back wheel turns.  But only 2/3 is exposed.  Be careful with your grandson.

There are 3 phones on display.  The kiosk may be selling phone too.  This makes sense to generate more income to pay for part of the kiosk operation.

650x760_smart_fit

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@AE_Collector wrote:

@LawfulEvil wrote:

I saw them at the Richmond Center location! Free SIM card Easter special.

The kiosk set up looked cute.

I wonder if the free SIM is a PM Easter Weekend special or a Kiosk Special? I have a friend who finally wants to make the move to PM and the $40 plan before it is history. I told him to wait a day or two just in case there was an Easter Flash Sale but I don’t see any new customer deals at all. He will likely get activated at London Drugs today using my referral number so he should get the $10 credit at least.    Terry

London Drugs is also offering free SIM with in-store activation... your friend should still be able to use your number as referral.

so, going back to retail model (with physical kiosks/store)?

i thought you are cutting all the phsyical means to save money