cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Our first kiosks are now open! Check them out.

Wow! Those Kiosks look incredible!! I really hope these come to my city as I try hard to get others to join the Public Mobile Team but they're always apprehensive and this should help ease some minds when taking the jump to PM.

Will there be a real human being working at the kiosk that can actually help with service problems??

@deepee1544 wrote:

Will there be a real human being working at the kiosk that can actually help with service problems??

These kiosks are staffed but the people are there for activations and sales.

That's a shame. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@canadiantech wrote:

Kiosks open the day after I order one online after issues at the Marlborough Wal-mart. I am not even sure if they sent it yet, Thursday and I don't know where my SIM is. I wanted to get the $40 plan, but no sim to activate... Great... now I will have to take an iferior plan, or buy another SIM. sigh

You can leave a review of your store experience by selecting ‘Find a Store’ under step 2 on the Get Started page. Select the store location where you’d like to provide feedback, then fill out the requested information.

I recommend you do that.

Tags (1)

@abTest wrote:

Hey, just heard a Public Mobile radio add for the first time in Montreal.  It was advertising the new Anjou location and a special promo, etc.

Kool.

But still no date posted above... :-\

@Wonder_why wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

Can’t wait to see these nomadic kiosks in GTA where it really matters 😀

Hey! Them's fightin' words! Smiley Happy

@z10user4Statistics are not fightin' words Smiley Wink

GTA population 5.928 million (2016)

Montreal population 1.705 million (2016)

Calgary population 1.239 million (2016)

Edmonton population 932,550 (2016)

Richmond BC population 198,310 (2016)

Even if you don't want to consider the true "GTA", and only want to consider Toronto, Toronto has a population of 2.732 million (2016). It would make the most sense to put it in the most populated area.

I am with you on this one @Knockali 

I am agreed with you, where all the coins fly in Toronto @Alan_K  big mistake if you don't add Toronto my one cents worth

Probably a cost issue, especially for a pilot project. T.O. commercial real-estate rental is very expensive, especially in high-traffic areas.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

Even if you don't want to consider the true "GTA", and only want to consider Toronto, Toronto has a population of 2.732 million (2016). It would make the most sense to put it in the most populated area.

I am agreed with you, where all the coins fly in Toronto @Alan_K  big mistake if you don't add Toronto my one cents worth

Probably a cost issue, especially for a pilot project. T.O. commercial real-estate rental is very expensive, especially in high-traffic areas.

There is no indication of the Kiosks being a pilot project. If it was more of a pilot project they would not of hyped up the announcement of opening the kiosks as much as they did. Commercial real-estate rental is very expensive in Ontario and British Columbia. They opened a location in British Columbia. If it was a pilot project they would of want to limit the openings to possible even one location in large markets to collect information and see feasibility. The Greater Toronto Area is the lagest market in the country and is in the area of the companies head office(s). Greater Toronto Area would of been the place to have put the one pilot project location of the kiosks. If it was a pilot project new locations would not come around in just a few months. They would collect information for several months to evne a year and than go back to consider the placement of the new locations. They appear to already to be at the point of consideration of the placement of the additional locations.

@danielj wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@z10user4 wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

There is no indication of the Kiosks being a pilot project. If it was more of a pilot project they would not of hyped up the announcement of opening the kiosks as much as they did. Commercial real-estate rental is very expensive in Ontario and British Columbia. They opened a location in British Columbia. If it was a pilot project they would of want to limit the openings to possible even one location in large markets to collect information and see feasibility. The Greater Toronto Area is the lagest market in the country and is in the area of the companies head office(s). Greater Toronto Area would of been the place to have put the one pilot project location of the kiosks. If it was a pilot project new locations would not come around in just a few months. They would collect information for several months to evne a year and than go back to consider the placement of the new locations. They appear to already to be at the point of consideration of the placement of the additional locations.

I'm calling it a pilot project because the locations are actually of lower risk and less costly (Richmond, BC is not exactly most expensive... that would be more Vancouver). And what indication is there that they are ready for more locations? I have not seen any further discussion.

It's all a moot point anyway. Pilot or not, they are taking baby steps as far as I can tell. All good...but just sayin'...

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Last line of there post:

"There are more kiosks opening in the coming months as well, so be sure to stay tuned for more updates! Learn more by reading our FAQs below.

-Public Mobile Community Team"

And the whole point of it being a pilot project is the moot point as in a pilot project they would want a relevant population and the Greater Toronto Area due to its population will always be a suburban area considered to be a relecant population of a pilot project.

They also could of picked a location like Mississauga or Vaughan, Ontario similar to the Richmond, BC line of thinking.