cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our first kiosks are now open! Check them out.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

It’s official! Our first Public Mobile kiosks have launched today. We’re excited about the unique design of our new kiosks and we think you will be too. If you have a location near you, we encourage you to check them out and bring some of your friends too!

Keeping in line with our no frills approach, our kiosks take up a lot less space than others. We’ve also included a bike as a part of our kiosks because we like to keep things flexible and make sure that we’re parked next to all the action.  Our bike will also allow you to charge your phone (while getting a bit of a leg workout) and will continuously evolve to keep things fun and engaging.

kiosk.png

What will we be selling at our kiosks?

• SIM cards- With no strings attached. You can activate the SIM card online or in-store with the assistance of one of our store reps. The choice is yours.
  • Payment vouchers- Payment vouchers provide you with the flexibility to add money to your Public Mobile account  using cash, credit or debit cards. After a payment has been made, you’ll receive a 12-digit numeric code on your receipt, which you’ll then need to input on the Payment page in Self-Serve.

Where are your kiosks and when exactly are they opening?

Opening Date

Galeries D’Anjou (Montreal, Quebec)

April 16, 2019

Edmonton City Centre (Edmonton, Alberta)

Marlborough Mall (Calgary, Alberta)

Richmond Centre (Richmond, British Columbia)

April 18, 2019

There are more kiosks opening in the coming months as well, so be sure to stay tuned for more updates! Learn more by reading our FAQs below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

FAQ

Spoiler

Why have you changed your strategy?

Our strategy has changed to reflect the growing prepaid market and needs of Canadians where transactions predominantly happen in retail. That said, our  mission has and will always remain the same: to do wireless differently and give Canadians more control on their wireless, through more choice and flexibility while making no compromises on the things that matter most:  value and good network experience.

Will store representatives at kiosks provide customer support?

While our store representatives will assist customers activating on Public Mobile, we will continue to offer all of our customer support online.

Why don’t you have any kiosks in more cities?

We hear you! We’d love to have kiosks in more cities and provinces, and we’re working on it. Keep your eyes peeled for more updates in the Community.

110 REPLIES 110

PreachJohn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The Site even has addresses written incorrectly That Google Maps can't find. It's a disaster. Needs to be removed. Please don't whitewash it.
I rode miles across Town/Calgary to Marlborough Mall. As one Poster said, all they do is sell cards. Nothing else.

@PreachJohn1   the site is to find a Telus/Koodo store 

are you in  Signal Hill Calgary or NFD?  Best to call them first before going.  Even the store is there, they might not have PM sim in stock

and again, I find using Amazon to buy is the best  way for quick turnaround

PreachJohn1

Please read my Comments on this 'Locator'. It's a fraud.

PreachJohn1

The Store Locator Site needs to be removed from the Net. After wasting all to travel to one UPS Store 3 miles from me, I phoned a couple others. 'Out of Service'.
This Site, not having current info is very misleading and wasteful.

@PreachJohn1 

are you trying to get sim card? Best is to get it from Amazon.  I understand Amazon might not ship one day or two day for NFD, but at least there is tracking for better status of the shipment

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07R6P5KBB/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=AD2L5SKHPCC6Q&psc=1 (Free Prime Shipping)

@PreachJohn1- What store locator? The Find a store link down below is the one you want. Only corporate Telus and Koodo stores and MobileKlinik carry sims now. The kiosks are ancient history.

Perhaps @J_PM could edit the first post in this thread to say that kiosks no longer exist.

PreachJohn1

The Store Locator is garbage. I just wasted precious time and money going to the UPS Store in Signal Hill listed. They know NOTHING about PM at all.

I looked Online again. The way the address is miswritten Google Maps didn't recognize for Directions. I then phoned; 'Out of Service'.

lmeilleur

Yes, those are places to get the SIM card only! Thanks

lmeilleur

Need a kiosk in Victoria BC

@danielj wrote:

Last line of there post:

"There are more kiosks opening in the coming months as well, so be sure to stay tuned for more updates! Learn more by reading our FAQs below.

-Public Mobile Community Team"

And the whole point of it being a pilot project is the moot point as in a pilot project they would want a relevant population and the Greater Toronto Area due to its population will always be a suburban area considered to be a relecant population of a pilot project.

They also could of picked a location like Mississauga or Vaughan, Ontario similar to the Richmond, BC line of thinking.

Thx for that reference.

As for location, possibly but you do not know what they want, what their goals are or what their constraints are...we can only speculate; even educated speculation is speculation. 

Anyway, this is just conversation. Like I said, all good.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Last line of there post:

"There are more kiosks opening in the coming months as well, so be sure to stay tuned for more updates! Learn more by reading our FAQs below.

-Public Mobile Community Team"

And the whole point of it being a pilot project is the moot point as in a pilot project they would want a relevant population and the Greater Toronto Area due to its population will always be a suburban area considered to be a relecant population of a pilot project.

They also could of picked a location like Mississauga or Vaughan, Ontario similar to the Richmond, BC line of thinking.

@danielj wrote:

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

Can’t wait to see these nomadic kiosks in GTA where it really matters 😀

Hey! Them's fightin' words! 🙂

@AnonymousStatistics are not fightin' words 😉

GTA population 5.928 million (2016)

Montreal population 1.705 million (2016)

Calgary population 1.239 million (2016)

Edmonton population 932,550 (2016)

Richmond BC population 198,310 (2016)

Even if you don't want to consider the true "GTA", and only want to consider Toronto, Toronto has a population of 2.732 million (2016). It would make the most sense to put it in the most populated area.

I am with you on this one @Knockali 

I am agreed with you, where all the coins fly in Toronto @Alan_K  big mistake if you don't add Toronto my one cents worth

Probably a cost issue, especially for a pilot project. T.O. commercial real-estate rental is very expensive, especially in high-traffic areas.

There is no indication of the Kiosks being a pilot project. If it was more of a pilot project they would not of hyped up the announcement of opening the kiosks as much as they did. Commercial real-estate rental is very expensive in Ontario and British Columbia. They opened a location in British Columbia. If it was a pilot project they would of want to limit the openings to possible even one location in large markets to collect information and see feasibility. The Greater Toronto Area is the lagest market in the country and is in the area of the companies head office(s). Greater Toronto Area would of been the place to have put the one pilot project location of the kiosks. If it was a pilot project new locations would not come around in just a few months. They would collect information for several months to evne a year and than go back to consider the placement of the new locations. They appear to already to be at the point of consideration of the placement of the additional locations.

I'm calling it a pilot project because the locations are actually of lower risk and less costly (Richmond, BC is not exactly most expensive... that would be more Vancouver). And what indication is there that they are ready for more locations? I have not seen any further discussion.

It's all a moot point anyway. Pilot or not, they are taking baby steps as far as I can tell. All good...but just sayin'...

danielj

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

@Wonder_why wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

Even if you don't want to consider the true "GTA", and only want to consider Toronto, Toronto has a population of 2.732 million (2016). It would make the most sense to put it in the most populated area.

I am agreed with you, where all the coins fly in Toronto @Alan_K  big mistake if you don't add Toronto my one cents worth

Probably a cost issue, especially for a pilot project. T.O. commercial real-estate rental is very expensive, especially in high-traffic areas.

There is no indication of the Kiosks being a pilot project. If it was more of a pilot project they would not of hyped up the announcement of opening the kiosks as much as they did. Commercial real-estate rental is very expensive in Ontario and British Columbia. They opened a location in British Columbia. If it was a pilot project they would of want to limit the openings to possible even one location in large markets to collect information and see feasibility. The Greater Toronto Area is the lagest market in the country and is in the area of the companies head office(s). Greater Toronto Area would of been the place to have put the one pilot project location of the kiosks. If it was a pilot project new locations would not come around in just a few months. They would collect information for several months to evne a year and than go back to consider the placement of the new locations. They appear to already to be at the point of consideration of the placement of the additional locations.

@Wonder_why wrote:

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, just heard a Public Mobile radio add for the first time in Montreal.  It was advertising the new Anjou location and a special promo, etc.

Kool.

But still no date posted above... 😕

@canadiantech wrote:

Kiosks open the day after I order one online after issues at the Marlborough Wal-mart. I am not even sure if they sent it yet, Thursday and I don't know where my SIM is. I wanted to get the $40 plan, but no sim to activate... Great... now I will have to take an iferior plan, or buy another SIM. sigh

You can leave a review of your store experience by selecting ‘Find a Store’ under step 2 on the Get Started page. Select the store location where you’d like to provide feedback, then fill out the requested information.

I recommend you do that.

deepee1544

That's a shame. 

@deepee1544 wrote:

Will there be a real human being working at the kiosk that can actually help with service problems??

These kiosks are staffed but the people are there for activations and sales.

deepee1544

Will there be a real human being working at the kiosk that can actually help with service problems??

Gorgen

Wow! Those Kiosks look incredible!! I really hope these come to my city as I try hard to get others to join the Public Mobile Team but they're always apprehensive and this should help ease some minds when taking the jump to PM.

Sonya57

Good news...hopefully in Ontario soon.

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@navcoke wrote:

When are we getting any Kiosks in Greater Toronto Area?

how dare PM skip over the center of the universe?

Serious question though, since the kiosk obviously has power, why have or make people use the stupid bike ?

Waelallison

This is a great news, thanks for giving us the opportunity to have a kiosk close to our community.

PM is headquartered in TO so it would make sense to have a presence in the GTA.

Wonder_why

@RobertQc wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Knockali wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, just heard a Public Mobile radio add for the first time in Montreal.  It was advertising the new Anjou location and a special promo, etc.

Kool.

Grace2019

Hello, I have just seen the first Chinese article of PM in a popular Chinese magazine in Vancouver, BC with the pic of the bike and the kirosk.  Good job! This ad will help us to refer more friends about PM.  Keep up the good work.

@navcoke wrote:

They haven't announced anything so your guess is as good as anyone elses.  All you can do it keep checking the store locator for new locations and look for future annoucements.

navcoke

Need Help? Let's chat.