cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Our Chatbot SIMon is smarter + has a new look!

This is so interesting.  Just tried some questions, most would give me the link.

Now PM need less oracles. Smiley Happy

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

While it's nice that there are improvements, a neatly organized and sortable Wiki is almost always an infinitely better solution, not to mention easier and cheaper to maintain. The user also knows straight away if the answer is there, without ambiguity and wondering whether they're asking the right questions.

I know that we have the forums, but that requires the user to navigate through a structure consisting of mostly non-informative posts to find the information they need. A structure that new users do not know their way around. The data presentation for a new user is almost always better through wikis, even FAQ formats divided into sections. If the most informative forum posts were made into wiki articles/FAQ answers and were easily visible from the main page and self-serve (perhaps with linked forum topic for extra information and help), there would be no need for a chatbot, which are generally hardly used and even less frequently used successfully. There would be also less duplicate questions and fewer questions to the support team that the bot immediately redirects to, despite most issues having easy solutions posted on the forums, solutions that many users simply can't find.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for offering us new technologie to use to our advantage. I’m personaly not a fan of bots but can’t wait to try it out! 

Mayor / Maire

@szymon247 wrote:

While it's nice that there are improvements, a neatly organized and sortable Wiki is almost always an infinitely better solution, not to mention easier and cheaper to maintain. The user also knows straight away if the answer is there, without ambiguity and wondering whether they're asking the right questions.

I know that we have the forums, but that requires the user to navigate through a structure consisting of mostly non-informative posts to find the information they need. A structure that new users do not know their way around. The data presentation for a new user is almost always better through wikis, even FAQ formats divided into sections. If the most informative forum posts were made into wiki articles/FAQ answers and were easily visible from the main page and self-serve (perhaps with linked forum topic for extra information and help), there would be no need for a chatbot, which are generally hardly used and even less frequently used successfully. There would be also less duplicate questions and fewer questions to the support team that the bot immediately redirects to, despite most issues having easy solutions posted on the forums, solutions that many users simply can't find.

We have this: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/tkb-p/knowledge_base and a solid search function...

While stuff like a broken password reset function should not be a thing at an online only provider in 2018, considering how many times a day people create a new topic for it, or ask the same question right under the solution in the thread they are replying to, makes it clear to me that people are just not willing to spend a minute to read, Wiki, FAQ, Chatbot or otherwise.

Mayor / Maire

Hmmm.  Not surprisingly, looks just like the Koodo bot, but with answers based on PM's plans, functionality, etc.  Any improvement is a good thing.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I've been with PM for a while now and I'm familiar with the forums here but this is literally the first time I see this!

Unfortunately, it contains very small amounts of information.

If this was updated/extended with some of the helpful posts/guides that people made around the forums, grouped and placed in the most accessible places (like the main website and main community page) that would mean fever repetitive questions.

JFF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Tried it, not too bad. 

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Good stuff PM, let's see how it goes.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

This is great especially for the MODS, hopefully users will refer to the Chatbot, SIMon, first before sending any message to MODs or even posting on the community forum.  Any resources available to customers for them to e able to handle themselves is a great tool since PM is pretty much a DIY type company.  Hopefully SIMon provides proper guidance in  customer resolution support.  Guess we'll see how this goes.  Fingers crossed.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is impressive