cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

@Cinjin wrote:

I can understand that but I don't think it's even been shipped yet and it's been like 4 days. Since they haven't sent me a tracking number.

Sim cards are shipped with a tracking number on the envelope but there's no sense in waiting for a tracking number because Public Mobile system is not set up to provide it to you.  I'm sure you could get it from the moderators, but tracking isn't something that's automatically provided. 

Even with the tracking number, I highly doubt anyone at Public Mobile is going to file an insurance claim over $10. Depending on how long Public Mobile would be on hold to file that insurance it claim, it could actually cost the company more to get than $10 to get that processed, never mind the fact that sim cards don't cost Public Mobile anywhere close to $10.  If your sim card doesn't arrive within a reasonable amount of time, send a private message to Moderator_Team, and I'm almost certain that they'll just take your word for it and have another sent.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

Ok thanks I assume it's enroute then. I also assumed they just email you the tracking number once it was shipped. I am eager to switch from my current expensive provider.

I’m sure it’s on the way, I just ordered another SIM to add another line to my account and it’s taking much longer than my first because of the CPC strike. 

And not getting a tracking number is normal, you never get one, even though it’s sent with one Smiley Tongue

I got it yesterday and got everything setup Smiley Happy

Mayor / Maire

@Cinjin  you can always buy one at  a retail locatiions (walmart superstore, wow mobile kmobile, london drugs( if you wnat to leave your current provder  sooner than later, that way you can also take advantge of the 25+25 promo and use teh one in the mail to refer other people.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

:-) great thread

Hi! I'm new to the community post but have been a customer of Public Mobile for some time.

I would kindly like to know if I retain my cell's original number when I purchase a new sim card? If so what is the process or the steps I must take to keep my number?

Mayor / Maire

@GracePrime- If you need to get a new SIM because the old one you have doesn't fit in a new phone, or if the old phone was lost with the SIM in it, you definitely KEEP your number when you change your SIM.

Just log into your self serve portal,  then choose the change SIM option(its under the Plan and Add-Ons section).

Thanks so much for prompt reply ab Test Mayor/Maire! I appreciate it!

Mayor / Maire

@GracePrime wrote:

Hi! I'm new to the community post but have been a customer of Public Mobile for some time.

I would kindly like to know if I retain my cell's original number when I purchase a new sim card? If so what is the process or the steps I must take to keep my number?

Here's some general information about number portability from a phone service industry association that you might be interested in:

https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/