cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online SIM delivery may be delayed until Canada Post’s service backlog has cleared

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

While the Canada Post rotating strike has ended, delivery continues to be delayed due to their backlog of mail and parcels. This means that any SIM cards you purchase online with us may take longer than the typical 3-7 business days.  With this in mind, you may want to purchase your SIM card at  one of our participating retailers that is closest to you. To find out where our retail partners are located, click here.

As more information becomes available, we will be sure to keep you in the loop!

If you have any questions, let us know by posting below.

-Public Mobile Community Team

69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

Just remember, no tax money is provided to Canada Post..  it’s a privately run company.

They make a ton of money, and own the Puralator Courier company also.

Canada Post is a crown corporation arms-length owned by Liz through the citizens of Canada. So really the citizens own it.

Just remember, no tax money is provided to Canada Post..  it’s a privately run company.

They make a ton of money, and own the Puralator Courier company also.

piggykiller
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Smiley Happy

I believe the reason of strike in deep is that workers want to stop weed................lol

anyway i have3 spare sim at home. i am pretty safe for long time time strike. 

Effort
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jp2 wrote:

Canada post is a joke. The only company that has a monopoly and still can't survive Smiley Very Happy

They survive just fine. The Canadian Union of Postal Workers just want more full time positions because part time positions pay less and have no benefits.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Canada post is a joke. The only company that has a monopoly and still can't survive Smiley Very Happy

@slash407 wrote:

i think its just really rural areas that are effected, and a very few amount of towns for the time being

Unfortunately, that's not the case, and it's quite the opposite.  These strikes started on Monday, and on that day,  this 24 strike included places such sich as Windsor, Victoria, and Edmonton, which are all populated urban areas.

In addition, almost all of Toronto and surrounding areas have been down all of both Tuesday and Wednesday.  This includes Mississauga's main sorting plant, which two thirds of all packages in Canada go through.

Further, Public Mobile ships out of the Toronto area.  This means, that unless a different shipping company is used,  most sim card shipments going out the past few days have aleady been delayed.  It would also mean that Public Mobile hasn't shipped anything in 48 hours (unlesss different company used).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407how can you say that? Yesterday the strike was in Toronto the day before in Victoria.  If sims were supposed to be sorted and shipped from Toronto yesterday then they would not have been causing a delay for every sim purchaser not just rural. How long the delay is depends on how fast the sorting plant can get and process the backlog.

Officially, the rotating strike started on Monday, October 22nd.  This is day 3 of the rotating strikes.

As for Wal-Mart - I assume they'll use the strike as an excuse to force in store only, as they won't be able to refill their stock.  Yes, I'm sure they get a more substantial courier service to get it to them.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

Thanks @Brooke_C, hopefully people won't run into issues at Walmarts if they are just wanting to purcahse a sim and activate at home online

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.