cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Thanks @Brooke_C, hopefully people won't run into issues at Walmarts if they are just wanting to purcahse a sim and activate at home online

I tried buying a SIM card from Walmart because I knew that I wouldn't get my Sim in the mail before the $25/$25 offer expired.  The guy at Walmart said I was unable to purchase the SIM.  I would have to get them (Walmart) to switch me over.  So no $25 credit for me.  I also switched over 2 family members as well, but Walmart insisted on setting them up to!

Mayor / Maire

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

@BobS, stand up to them.  Public Mobile states you are to be able to purchase a SIM at any of the retailers.

If Wal-mart flunky (the 3rd party I understand) won't let you do it, get management involved.

Public Mobile has been clear about the retailers. Originally, they were only to sell them.  Activating them is now a bonus for them, so the are reluctant to do so.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Online SIM delivery may be delayed until Canada Post’s service backlog has cleared

My friend's card is delayed. She got it today and the $25 promotion is over. Sad.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Online SIM delivery may be delayed until Canada Post’s service backlog has cleared

@Zhuoyu wrote:

My friend's card is delayed. She got it today and the $25 promotion is over. Sad.

@Zhuoyu if your meaning the online 25$ referral it is still ongoing until jan 1 2019

Not sure if this would relate to my issue at all, but I ordered a sim card back in november and I still haven't received it. I got an order confirmation in an email, I have a receipt and everything, but no sim card. I even tried phoning Public Mobile which was no help as I need a public mobile phone number to speak to somebody. pressed 0 and everything, no help. this might just be a big confusion and maybe the canada post strike affected my order? not sure. But I can't do anything until I have an account, which I can't create because I don't have a public mobile phone number....

Thanks!

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

This thread can probably get taken off of the main front community page

i ordered 2 sim cards dec 26 got email dec 27 said they were shipped but still no sim cards 

still waiting 

Mayor / Maire

@animal41, that works out to about 4 working days.  Are you in a remote area?  If it doesn't show up within the next few days, I would contact the moderators via private message and see what the next step is.  From what I have heard, Canada Post is pretty much caught up with their backlog.

no i am not in remote area  no big deal i went in to london drugs and bought a couple more they will show up some time in the near future i hope 

I ordered 3 sims cards a while back to get the deal for me, my roommate, and my girlfriend... just got them yesterday.

So no deal for us now?