cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

I’m sure it’s on the way, I just ordered another SIM to add another line to my account and it’s taking much longer than my first because of the CPC strike. 

And not getting a tracking number is normal, you never get one, even though it’s sent with one Smiley Tongue

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

I got it yesterday and got everything setup Smiley Happy

Oracle

@Cinjin  you can always buy one at  a retail locatiions (walmart superstore, wow mobile kmobile, london drugs( if you wnat to leave your current provder  sooner than later, that way you can also take advantge of the 25+25 promo and use teh one in the mail to refer other people.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

:-) great thread

Hi! I'm new to the community post but have been a customer of Public Mobile for some time.

I would kindly like to know if I retain my cell's original number when I purchase a new sim card? If so what is the process or the steps I must take to keep my number?

Mayor / Maire

@GracePrime- If you need to get a new SIM because the old one you have doesn't fit in a new phone, or if the old phone was lost with the SIM in it, you definitely KEEP your number when you change your SIM.

Just log into your self serve portal,  then choose the change SIM option(its under the Plan and Add-Ons section).

Thanks so much for prompt reply ab Test Mayor/Maire! I appreciate it!

@GracePrime wrote:

Hi! I'm new to the community post but have been a customer of Public Mobile for some time.

I would kindly like to know if I retain my cell's original number when I purchase a new sim card? If so what is the process or the steps I must take to keep my number?

Here's some general information about number portability from a phone service industry association that you might be interested in:

https://www.cwta.ca/for-consumers/wireless-number-portability/

@ShawnC13 wrote:

Thanks @Brooke_C, hopefully people won't run into issues at Walmarts if they are just wanting to purcahse a sim and activate at home online

I tried buying a SIM card from Walmart because I knew that I wouldn't get my Sim in the mail before the $25/$25 offer expired.  The guy at Walmart said I was unable to purchase the SIM.  I would have to get them (Walmart) to switch me over.  So no $25 credit for me.  I also switched over 2 family members as well, but Walmart insisted on setting them up to!

@BobS, stand up to them.  Public Mobile states you are to be able to purchase a SIM at any of the retailers.

If Wal-mart flunky (the 3rd party I understand) won't let you do it, get management involved.

Public Mobile has been clear about the retailers. Originally, they were only to sell them.  Activating them is now a bonus for them, so the are reluctant to do so.