cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

I saw this notice online when I was considering switching to public mobile but it was really simple to buy a sim from a retailer and set it up myself! 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

Luckily for myself, mine arrived the next day after ordering online. I guess it is the luck of the draw

Mayor / Maire

Canada Post has basically said no regular delivery and no backlog clearout until around Feb 2019 (ASSUMING the workers do not mess around, lots of news stories about civil disobediance)

Really at this point get the SIM in store and save yourself the headache

We need to start a thread about how useless unions are in todays world.... Cat LOL

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:
We need to start a thread about how useless unions are in todays world.... Cat LOL

How about here.

Mayor / Maire

@kav2001c wrote:

Canada Post has basically said no regular delivery and no backlog clearout until around Feb 2019 (ASSUMING the workers do not mess around, lots of news stories about civil disobediance)

Really at this point get the SIM in store and save yourself the headache

Canada Post and the uniion have been arguing about how bad the backlog is, with the union saying that it is exxagerated.

I have no idea of the inner workings of the post office, but I can say that at least as someone who receives mail and packages, and occassionally sends packages, I haven't found the delays to be that big of a deal.

Receiving mail, I've found that that bills are coming in a little late, but we're talking maybe about 4 or 5 days or so later than normal, but still within enough time to be able to pay on time (assuming I haven't already checked on any balance owing myself already). 

For packages, I've noticed maybe only a 1 or 2 day delay.  We're talking about packages that are supposed to take 1 day taking 2 or 3 instead.  But, I would say that I don't believe that's entire because of backlog, but rather just because that some of the Canada Post plants were closed for 2 days at a time.   One outgoing package that I sent from Toronto to Vancouver took 8 business days instead of the normal 4 business days (so about a week extra). 

Even if the projections of backlogs not being cleared until January or February are accurate, that does not necessarily mean that you are going to receive your mail or packages one or two months late.  The amount of delay could be only a few days (as what I'm experiencing), but it's just that Canada Post expects that it will only be in the new year that the few day delay will be cleared.  That assumes that workers aren't doing anything silly such as throwing the new mail and packages on top of the old stuff, and the stuff is still being processed in order received.

On November 26th I got an email saying my order is being prepared. After that I got no email or tracking number for the simcard. Any idea if it shipped or when it's going to ship ? 

Mayor / Maire

@Cinjin, considering the Canada Post strike, I would guess that deliveries would be delayed.  See this article from about a month ago:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Online-SIM-delivery-may-be-longer-than-...

I can understand that but I don't think it's even been shipped yet and it's been like 4 days. Since they haven't sent me a tracking number.

Mayor / Maire

@Cinjin, I would give it a few more days, and after that, PM the moderators and ask about it.  That said, there are always promos going on.  Many of the in-store promos include free SIM.  Might be worth your while, depending on what plna you are interested in.

Mayor / Maire

Although it’s sent by CanadaPost ExpressPost, there is no tracking number.  It’s more or a priority first class mail.