cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

@jp2 wrote:

@stonechucker wrote:

They make a ton of money, and own the Puralator Courier company also.

That explains why Puralator is so bad hahaha. I've never had a package from Puralator successfully delivered to my house 

Never?  Are you using a PO Box? 

If you've never had a package properly delivered by Purolator, there's likely something that's making your address for them difficult to find.  Companies don't just deliberately mess up your deliveries.  And if it's been happening for extended periods of time with Purolator, they've more than likely rotated different delivery drivers for your area.  Anyone can make a mistake but if it's all the time, there could be an underlying issues causing that.  I've never had problems with Purolator, and very few with Canada Post, or any other carrier for that matter.

I know that people often do not properly address packages and recepients often don't know how to properly provide an address when there are multiple unit numbers at one speicfic street number address.  For example, near me, there was a brand new group of townhouses built, and the builders attached street numbers on walls of these houses in the manner of "22-1, 22-2, and 22-3 Fake Street).  Problem is, that is wrong (if formatting an address like that, unit number must always be before  the "-".  If someone or a company actually addresses a package in the incorrect manner like that, the packages would actually get delivered to 1 Fake Street instead of 22 Fake Street, even if the shipping company knows that a mistake was made on the label (legal requirements). 

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: Online SIM delivery may be longer than usual until Canada Post rotating strike has ended

Not a PO box. I'm in the country so they just don't like driving out to my place instead they dump it at the depo in Edmonton and call me saying I have to pick it up. Other companies like FedEx and ups always deliver; even Canada post delivered to the door once. 

Mayor / Maire

@jp2 wrote:

Not a PO box. I'm in the country so they just don't like driving out to my place instead they dump it at the depo in Edmonton and call me saying I have to pick it up. Other companies like FedEx and ups always deliver; even Canada post delivered to the door once. 

That shouldn't be happening.  If you are in an area that Purolator does not service, they should be handing it off  - to - you guessed it - Canada Post to deliver your package locally for you.

The only shipping company in Canada that I know of that services all Canaidan addresses and will do deliveries themselves to all Canadian areas is Canada Post.  When a packgage is addressed to an address in Canada that UPS, Fedx, Purolator, etc. doesn't normally go to and don't have a warehouse in that area, these companies have agreements in place with either Canada Post or other private/small shipping companies to take the package the rest of the way. It just happens to be that when they do this, the shipment costs charged to the customer will be so high that no one would want to pay this shipping rate.

jp2
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I agree that shouldn't happen. That's why I don't think Puralator is a good company especially, when I'm just outside of Edmonton 

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ordered a SIM card on October 23. I realize the strike may delay receipt of the card but I never got email confirmation that the card was sent or an order number. Is this normal?

Mayor / Maire

If you paid for it, you should receive a confirmation email.  Check your spam and/or trash for it.

"If you paid for it, you should receive a confirmation email.  Check your spam and/or trash for it."

Hmmm. Does not show up in spam/junk folder. It has been 7+ days and no confirmation and no card. Only a VISA CC charge for $10.50. I live in Yellowknife; usually mail is by dog sled, or so it seems. 

I ordered my SIM on Monday, got it today 

"I ordered my SIM on Monday, got it today "

I presume that you got an email confirmation of the order. And maybe another when it shipped?

All OK. Now have the card, received in the mail today. Typical Yellowknife service - as fast as molasses in winter.