cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE DAY SALE! Buy a SIM online today & get a bonus 5 GB of data when you activate by June 16

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

On June 1st,  customers that purchase a SIM card online before 11:59PM ET will gain access to an exclusive offer of a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before June 16, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $25+/mo plan (Ready-Made plans only) to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only.

How to Get this Offer:

• Bonus 5 GB of data: When you activate by June 16th on a Ready-made plan of $25/mo or higher. you will get a one-time bonus 5 GB of data.
    • To redeem, SIM must be activated on publicmobile.ca by June 16th on any Ready-made plan $25/mo or higher using the same email address used to purchase the SIM card. Purchase a SIM online here.
    • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 72 hours.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team  

111 REPLIES 111

@geopublic wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@dabr I believe there is something wrong with your link might wanna check it cheers

That's a bit strange it doesn't work from my message, so just sent it to my email and it's fine.  Not sure what the issue is, any thoughts?

@dabr  Is that a . at the end of the link?

It's possible I might have inadvertently added that, yes looks like that is the issue, thanks @geopublic  🙂

@dabr wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@dabr I believe there is something wrong with your link might wanna check it cheers

That's a bit strange it doesn't work from my message, so just sent it to my email and it's fine.  Not sure what the issue is, any thoughts?

@dabr  Is that a . at the end of the link?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RossN wrote:

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@RossN wrote:

Thanks for the heads up:)

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@erickchung wrote:

Who do I talk to if I haven't gotten my bonus data yet?

I think it's been about 2 weeks.

If you met all the conditions of the promotion and haven't received the bonus data then send a private message to Moderator_Team here...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437.  It may take upto 2 days to hear back although it should be much earlier.

Edit: Link not working (thanks RossN).    @erickchung  click the envelope icon top right of your post to message the Moderator_Team.  Apologies for the faulty link:)

erickchung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Who do I talk to if I haven't gotten my bonus data yet?

I think it's been about 2 weeks.

@Anonymous wrote:

I ordered the SIM, got it the next Friday (rural out west), activated yesterday (a week later) with autopay and referral and took a bit of time selecting a number and even fiddled with custom 4 digits, called the chosen # to see if someone would answer before finishing, used a prepaid Visa gift card, got a peculiar autopay immediate credit after a few minutes, saw the referral on the referring account...all good.

Overnight, got the $10 referral credit and the 5gb promo. Done. Thanks PM.

It's always good to hear when things work as they're supposed to!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I ordered the SIM, got it the next Friday (rural out west), activated yesterday (a week later) with autopay and referral and took a bit of time selecting a number and even fiddled with custom 4 digits, called the chosen # to see if someone would answer before finishing, used a prepaid Visa gift card, got a peculiar autopay immediate credit after a few minutes, saw the referral on the referring account...all good.

Overnight, got the $10 referral credit and the 5gb promo. Done. Thanks PM.

@robodonster65 wrote:

Received sim today June 11th 2019 and subscribe $50.00@Alan_K @will I get 5gb extra

Thanks in advance.

Don

@robodonster65  If you purchased your sim on June 1st and activated you SIM using the same email that you used for your sim purchase then YES. Otherwise NO.

@robodonster65As long as you use the same email you used to purchase your SIM card I don't see why not.. you should see your bonus in 72 hours.

robodonster65
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Received sim today June 11th 2019 and subscribe $50.00@Alan_K @will I get 5gb extra

Thanks in advance.

Don

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@computergeek541 wrote:

@marshallfamily wrote:

So I am a new customer.  I activated my sim card purchased on June 1st and have got my 5GB Add on in my account on a $25 plan.  All is good.  Just trying to clarify if this 5GB will reoccur every month.  A "one time" add on does this mean that it is good every month as long as I don't change my plan?  - obviously using up my 500+500 MB of data on my $25 plan first.  Is the 5GB part of my plan now every month or is this 5GB just a one time 5GB thing.  Seems like less of a good deal if it is just 5GB that once used up is gone entirely 

The 5GB bonus is one-time.  It does not repeat.

Yes, like @computergeek541 said, but just to clarify, the 5GB bonus does keep pushing the remaining data to the next month until it's fully used up.

@marshallfamily wrote:

So I am a new customer.  I activated my sim card purchased on June 1st and have got my 5GB Add on in my account on a $25 plan.  All is good.  Just trying to clarify if this 5GB will reoccur every month.  A "one time" add on does this mean that it is good every month as long as I don't change my plan?  - obviously using up my 500+500 MB of data on my $25 plan first.  Is the 5GB part of my plan now every month or is this 5GB just a one time 5GB thing.  Seems like less of a good deal if it is just 5GB that once used up is gone entirely 

The 5GB bonus is one-time.  It does not repeat and you will not receive it again.

marshallfamily

mojorising

@grabybaby wrote:

Hi, I accidently activated my sim on a seperate email. Can I switch my email to the one that I purchased the sim with and still get the credit?

A moderator may help with that. Use the link below to contact them and see if they can get that fixed for you.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22437

grabybaby

Hi, I accidently activated my sim on a seperate email. Can I switch my email to the one that I purchased the sim with and still get the credit?

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@EstherB wrote:

oh....no... just missing the offer.... could you resume it... ><

Sorry you missed this one, but from the short time I've been around, I've noticed there's often sales and promotions announced. I'm sure really soon another one will pop up that you might also enjoy!

EstherB

oh....no... just missing the offer.... could you resume it... ><

good2go

@Nbhiker wrote:

Would we get 5gig extra each month?

No. The 5gb is an add on. Once you use it up, it’s gone. But at least you can take as long as you want to consume it. It rolls over until it’s depleted. 

BEER
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@BEER wrote:

Good offer - but I feel a bit dumb because I couldn't figure out how to buy a Sim on line.

Really? There was a direct link in the OP announcement. The Get Started link up top will get you there too. The sale's over now though.

Ohhhhh - thanks --- overlooked the "Get Started" link -- now I know better.

@LifeTime01Unfortunately the bonus is for people who had purchased the SIM card online yesterday. So if you activate you won't get the bonus.

@LifeTime01 wrote:

I ordered a sim card 3 weeks ago but have not activated it yet, can I activate it now for this  bonus 5 GB deal?

Unfortunately no.Smiley Sad

LifeTime01

I ordered a sim card 3 weeks ago but have not activated it yet, can I activate it now for this  bonus 5 GB deal?

@ButterzStreet address is hard to verify without a credit check.

Butterz

A new email address that has not been used for public mobile is all you will need to get this deal plus the new sim card. As far as I can see they do not track by street addresses.

TheOldVR

@Cbreda1 wrote:

I think Public mobile should increase the data amount in the plans because other company plans offer 10gigs at LTE speeds for $50 and we only have 8 gigs at 3G speeds at $50

I would love to have 10GB LTE for $50..... but that't not available in my market.

GO RAPTORS!!!

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Cbreda1 wrote:

I think Public mobile should increase the data amount in the plans because other company plans offer 10gigs at LTE speeds for $50 and we only have 8 gigs at 3G speeds at $50

@Cbreda1  public typically is cheaper overall prices than the other brands. But if a competitor has a better deal, then why not switch to them, that is one of the benifits of not being tied down to a big device subsidy 

Cbreda1

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BEER wrote:

Good offer - but I feel a bit dumb because I couldn't figure out how to buy a Sim on line.

Really? There was a direct link in the OP announcement. The Get Started link up top will get you there too. The sale's over now though.

Need Help? Let's chat.