cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

May 15, 2020 at 3:30pm Pacific Time.

I am having problems creating a ticket after following the port request instructions.

I am trying to create a ticket and it asks for my community name and password.  It keeps giving me ERROR LOGGIN IN message, even though I am obviously logged into the community to be able to type this message.  Please help.  Thanks.

Highlighted

Are you sure it's your community name and password they are looking for? Or could it be your account login information?

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kentsceviour wrote:

Are you sure it's your community name and password they are looking for? Or could it be your account login information?

When opening a ticket, both are logins are asked for. The Community login information must be entered to proceed to the next step. The self sere credentials are then asked for, but if the members has difficulties with the self serve login part, the account PIN is then asked for.

Highlighted

Thanks, the community login portion is where the error is occurring which doesn't make sense since I am able to login to the this forum section.

But I have been in touch with a moderator via this forum instead of the porting auto-bot instructions.  Though it has been 45 minutes since I have verified my identity and provided my koodo prepaid info, and have not received any message acknowledgement back from the moderator.  I hope this gets sorted out before the long weekend starts as it would be a pain to have to carry 2 phones for 3 days.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gwongvanbc wrote:

Thanks, the community login portion is where the error is occurring which doesn't make sense since I am able to login to the this forum section.

But I have been in touch with a moderator via this forum instead of the porting auto-bot instructions.  Though it has been 45 minutes since I have verified my identity and provided my koodo prepaid info, and have not received any message acknowledgement back from the moderator.  I hope this gets sorted out before the long weekend starts as it would be a pain to have to carry 2 phones for 3 days.

@gwongvanbc   If you messaged the moderators via private message then keep checking your message inbox (envelope icon) for their reply.   Response time to hear back can take anywhere from 2-48 hours. 

Did you take out a temporary PM number when you activated?  If you took the temporary number and your activation is complete, you should be able to use that until moderators are able to complete the port for you.

Highlighted

Update on my koodo prepaid porting :

Gerardo (Public Mobile Moderator) was working on the my request and successfully ported everything over in 2.5 hours.  He then sent me a private message, and I then completed a feedback survey with high scores.  Thanks Gerardo! 

Highlighted

@dabr 

Yes, I actually did not have a choice but to activate with a new PM number because during the porting number process, there is a step where you have to enter the number you want to port and see if it is eligible to port.  In my case, my Koodo prepaid number was not eligible and the instructions then indicated to activate with a new number and then contact a Mod to manually port.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gwongvanbc 

Great job.....to both you and Gerardo! The moderators can do their job very efficiently if given all the information they require to complete the task. By following the instructions for koodo prepaid accounts Gerardo was able to transfer your phone # from your koodo prepaid account to your pm account without having to waste time messaging back and forth for more info.

It was smart of you to ask for a review link so you could give pm feedback on your customer service interaction with your moderator. It's always nice to give a good employee the kudos they deserve. Welcome to public mobile.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@gwongvanbc wrote:

@dabr 

Yes, I actually did not have a choice but to activate with a new PM number because during the porting number process, there is a step where you have to enter the number you want to port and see if it is eligible to port.  In my case, my Koodo prepaid number was not eligible and the instructions then indicated to activate with a new number and then contact a Mod to manually port.

@gwongvanbc  Porting in a number from Koodo prepaid has always needed the moderators assistance to facilitate an it's usually recommended to take a temporary when activating just so that you have a working phone in case the porting takes longer than a few hours or a day. 

Anyways, it's good to hear that moderators were able to finish up your port request in a short period of time.   Also thanks for the update and  welcome to PM 😊

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My number didn’t transfer from my Koodo account to my new Public account during activation. 

How do I get my old number to be applied to the new account?