cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and delay in delivering this message.

As a result of ongoing back-end maintenance, the function to port a number to your Public Mobile SIM within My Account  is temporarily unavailable. Porting a number during the activation process is unaffected, and no other self-serve functionality is impacted.

We recommend to take the following steps if you need to port-in a number:

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:

1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

Complete billing address

First and Last Name of the account holder

Alternate phone number

You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PIN

First and last name of the account holder

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

We thank you for your patience while we work through the Self-Serve maintenance.

Thank you,

-Public Mobile Community Team

252 REPLIES 252

@Alan_K  

When going to publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat and typing in "port request", this now sends customers directly to the private messaging window.  Is that a glitch and are private messages still being given lower priority?

On a good note, I've noticed that when asking for a porting, moderator response time appears to be less than an hour during regular operational hours.   

@shercon wrote:

New customer from Koodo and cannot port my number?  Standing by on updates for when this service will be available.  

You can port from Kooodo (even Koodo prepaid). It's just that if you do it yourself after the activation has already been completed, all porting needs to be done by asking a moderator. 

Koodo prepaid cannot be ported in during activation, but that isn't anything new. 

You havve to ask the moderators in all cases for porting a prepaid Koodo number to Public.  This means that for current prepaid Koodo customer who want to port to Public Mobile, nothing has changed.

@shercon 

Contact moderators to port.

Two ways the reach them.

1-. 

Simon.JPG

2- or private message them at link below.

Click here 

shercon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

New customer from Koodo and cannot port my number?  Standing by on updates for when this service will be available.  

Westcoastperson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply.

I am porting from Telus.

Yes Public Mobile shows up as my provider.

I actually have three other family members in my household with Public Mobile. This is my fourth time setting up an account and so I am perplexed.

I will try what your suggestions.

Thanks!

@Westcoastperson which provider did you port from? Thanks.

Before you leave, if you insert the SIM, is public mobile showing up as your provider? If yes, please log into your self service account, enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5 minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone. 

Westcoastperson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for letting us new customers who are trying to activate know. I am still having troubles activating my new account, even after following all of your information.

Now I want to go back to my previous provider because I currently have no service. I am unable to submit a ticket. The whole site is frozen. Please help! 

Does anyone know how to do that?

Thank you!

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K 

Thank you for making an official announcement to the community. You've answered all my questions regarding the temporary loss of this feature in our accounts. You've supplied a wealth of information and proper guidance when porting your number to public mobile. It serves as a mini refresher course....which is great if you haven't ported a number in for quite awhile. I always appreciate the engagement with the community and customers that public mobile exhibits and how you constantly strive to improve our service. Keep up the good work!

Thanks @Alan_K . Could you please  also announce when the normal  porting service has been restored?  This would also help to clear up further confusion here. Thanks.

@Alan_K   Thanks for making this announcement official. 

There was some confusion over the last couple of days for both new customers trying to activate and getting the error and community members offering (myself included) incorrect advice and telling them they could do the number transfer in their online account themselves.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

It is good that an official announcement is made.  It is a bit of a shock to customers when they see it in the self serve.  

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Alan_K Thank you for letting us know and providing this guide!:smileyhappy:

Need Help? Let's chat.