cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number transfer in Self-Serve impacted by ongoing maintenance

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hey Community,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused and delay in delivering this message.

As a result of ongoing back-end maintenance, the function to port a number to your Public Mobile SIM within My Account  is temporarily unavailable. Porting a number during the activation process is unaffected, and no other self-serve functionality is impacted.

We recommend to take the following steps if you need to port-in a number:

• Be sure to note the best practices below to ensure a smooth process:

1. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number.
    2. You cannot transfer numbers between Public Mobile accounts.
    3. Your previous account must be active in order for the number transfer to go through. Once the transfer is complete, it will be automatically deactivated from your previous service provider.
    4. Double check your old account info, as it needs to be correct in order for your number transfer to complete. Here’s the information you’ll need:

Mobile Phone Number Transfer

Landline Phone Number Transfer

Alternate Phone Number

Complete billing address

First and Last Name of the account holder

Alternate phone number

You’ll also need to provide one of the following: your old account number or your ESN/IMEI/MEID number or your account PIN

First and last name of the account holder

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

We thank you for your patience while we work through the Self-Serve maintenance.

Thank you,

-Public Mobile Community Team

252 REPLIES 252

@Dodgy-melrose wrote:

Hi there,

I transferred my account from Telus yesterday around 2pm. I had service and it showed up on my phone in the top left hand corner with publicmobile. I was able to make calls and send/receive text, with the last time being around 9pm. When I looked at my phone at midnight it said no service and was unable to call or text/receive. Still having no luck today. Keep trying to get a moderator contacted through setting up a ticket but it won't accept my phone number in the mandatory field. When I try to submit it with their format 000-000-0000 it only allows 000-000-00 and won't let me enter the last 2 digits. When I submit it as 000000000 the link won't submit and highlights the mandatory phone number field. So I am stuck. Have been running around with Simon that just keeps telling me to submit a ticket. I sent a private message to the moderator about 20 minutes ago. I have no idea what else to do. Have shut down phone, taken out the sim card, waiting 5 mins, put it back in, turned it on, nothing. My partner also switched over yesterday and we are having the same problem, but somehow he was able to set up a ticket last night.

Any suggestions? I am going to walk away for now.

Thanks

M

@Dodgy-melrose 

The ticketing system can be finicky at times.  If you private message the moderator team, you can wait for their response.  

Maybe try the SIM card in another working phone.  This help determines whether hardware issue versus Public mobile service problem.  

A few other things to try:

Network reset

Toggle airplane mode on, then off.  

Dodgy-melrose
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi there,

I transferred my account from Telus yesterday around 2pm. I had service and it showed up on my phone in the top left hand corner with publicmobile. I was able to make calls and send/receive text, with the last time being around 9pm. When I looked at my phone at midnight it said no service and was unable to call or text/receive. Still having no luck today. Keep trying to get a moderator contacted through setting up a ticket but it won't accept my phone number in the mandatory field. When I try to submit it with their format 000-000-0000 it only allows 000-000-00 and won't let me enter the last 2 digits. When I submit it as 000000000 the link won't submit and highlights the mandatory phone number field. So I am stuck. Have been running around with Simon that just keeps telling me to submit a ticket. I sent a private message to the moderator about 20 minutes ago. I have no idea what else to do. Have shut down phone, taken out the sim card, waiting 5 mins, put it back in, turned it on, nothing. My partner also switched over yesterday and we are having the same problem, but somehow he was able to set up a ticket last night.

Any suggestions? I am going to walk away for now.

Thanks

M

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

With the help of community and moderator, was very easy.....

@14darcia  if you are having problems using Simon, use this private message link to contact the moderators directly and explain your situation.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

14darcia

It's not letting me submit the ticket. I filled out the whole form but the "Submit" button does nothing. Please help as I am currently paying two phone plans.

markrobertmcgre
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"patience is a mild form of despair disguised as a virtue".

So true lol

Thank you so much!

markrobertmcgre

Thank you so much for taking the time to help.

I'm really liking this community already! 

imager

I understand your frustration. I also have a Koodo number and it took me more than a week to make contact with a moderator through the bot link. However when I did it took all of 15 minutes to effect the transfer. Keep trying through the requested link until you receive a reply, and remember, 'patience is a mild form of despair disguised as a virtue' 😉

@markrobertmcgre Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Also, log into your self service account you should have a temporary number and your SIM should be activated. You can either use the PM SIM or your Koodo one until your number is ported. Once your Koodo SIM ceases to work, its done. Welcome to PM.

markrobertmcgre

I used this link to open a ticket to port my number!

Thanks for the help, much appreciated! 

markrobertmcgre

Thanks for the information!

@markrobertmcgre hi we are all customers here like you if you already submitted a ticket they should get back to you within 2 to 48 hours they like everyone else are short staffed because of this epidemic good luck

@markrobertmcgre wrote:

Thanks for your reply!

I tried to port it on activation today but it would not let me as it's a koodo number!

Use link above for Koodo port.

markrobertmcgre

Thanks for your reply!

I tried to port it on activation today but it would not let me as it's a koodo number!

@markrobertmcgre wrote:

Hi JoyLuck,

I have no messages in my sent folder and no reply to my tickets in my inbox!

Are you a member of customer or tech support?

I am a customer on this community public forum.

Look at this:

1. As a new customer, we recommend porting a number at activation with the exception of Koodo Prepaid customers. 
    • We have made some system enhancements to improve the success rate of this activity. So long as the correct information is entered, this process should be seamless
  2. All other customers: To complete your port-in request, please open our chatbot via this link and type in “port request” to be put in touch with a Moderator. 

markrobertmcgre

Hi JoyLuck,

I have no messages in my sent folder and no reply to my tickets in my inbox!

Are you a member of customer or tech support?

@markrobertmcgre wrote:

I have submitted two tickets for support to transfer my old koodo number! Can you please give me a time frame on when this will happen?

"To ensure the safety of our team members during the COVID-19 pandemic, our Moderator team is working at reduced levels. During this time, you may experience longer than normal wait times when contacting our Moderator team for help. "

Have you checked your sent folder to make sure the message was sent and your inbox for a reply. Envelope icon top right.

markrobertmcgre

I have submitted two tickets for support to transfer my old koodo number! Can you please give me a time frame on when this will happen?

LorrainB

It is ok talked to Telus port people...thy said it can not be done issues with my area.

Thanks

@rayme007  what is the problem?  As long as it doesn't require account access we may be able to help you here. Since you are having problems using Simon. Use this private message link to contact them directly https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.

rayme007

I am trying to submit a ticket through bot. I am able to enter the information but the next and submit buttons are greyed out. I did provide information for all the required fields. I am not sure what is going on?

@LorrainB  As far as I could tell the only LRN telus mobility has in the (807) area code is 456. You will know if that is correct by the new number you chose and the LRN's you were offered.

imager

Sounds like an issue begging to be challenged ;-).

imager

With Telus there should be no issue. Over the years they have ported my number in and out  several times as I've tried out different providers in Western Canada. I've managed to retain the same phone number for over 20 years.

LorrainB

Thanks for the info..I am going to get a hold of Telus.

LorrainB

Interesting read...thank you

LorrainB

I truly do not know if the number was or was not able to port as I could not submit it in Simon..I gave up and chose one from Kenora..the bill from T-Baytel was due so had to make a decision..so I cancelled my T-Baytel so I guess that is done. FYI..the phone number was originaly  Drytel..but they gave their business up...T-Baytell got the cell service and Bell Alient got the land line service.. the number was always the same number with the same provider..Drytel to T-Baytel...never anywhere else...   Thank you for info no way to port now anyway.

imager

Thanks for that!

@imager wrote:

It is my understanding that it's illegal to deny anyone ownership of their mobile number in Canada. If that is incorrect I'd appreciate learning where that is noted.

From CRTC .....

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

You might need to get a new phone number…

• If you move to a different province or “local calling area”. If you’re unsure, please contact your new service provider.

imager

It is my understanding that it's illegal to deny anyone ownership of their mobile number in Canada. If that is incorrect I'd appreciate learning where that is noted.

Need Help? Let's chat.