cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

280 REPLIES 280

Phil330
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@darlicious 

Absolutely! Every carrier has billing issues and I found PM responded quickly each time I contacted them. With PM you have 2 resources to tap into, the community and the moderators and both respond well. With other carriers wait times can be terrible and not always very responsive. I found the system worked well for me, certainly much better than most. Sure it can be fine tuned and that is just part of routine maintenance as issues arise. I now have 2 active accounts and both are working well with good coverage and I would have no issue in recommending PM to friends and family. 

@chipmunk 

Reading thru this thread makes it look like a squirrel dropping show. I can't even answer @Phil330 's question with anything but YMMV. As much as a mess that a squirrel can make the one thing pm is good at is clean up. They always honour their promos and then some.....granting them to many customers who have not activated according to the terms and conditions whether by accident or design.

As I like to say there's a lot of give and take around here. Life can be messy at times and as long as you understand that and have compassion pm reacts the same way. You mess up they fix it. They mess up they fix it. It's almost better to start off on a bad foot then pm is always on its heels... wanting to make it up to you!

Sign up for autopay why give up the $2 reward? Even if you are one of the very, very few who do not get the promos eventually applied on the cusp of renewal. Contacting the moderators the following day will get them applied. A couple of hundred thousand customers have no issues whatsoever each month but a couple of hundred do....and another couple of hundred need help activating and managing their service and thats what you see here.....you just don't see or know what goes wrong for customers with other providers. Its all hidden behind the doors of a call centre.

chipmunk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@darlicious 

Thanks for your words of assurance.

However, reading through this thread it looks to me like a 50/50 chance that it'll actually happen. 

My understanding is that I loose the promo if my account goes into suspension due to lack of payment. I have not (yet) added a credit card to my account, since, supposedly, my next actual payment is due on day 60. So my account will be suspended if the second-term credit does not show up before the payment is due on day 30.

I'll see what the next week brings. If the account is going into suspension due to their inability to get their act together, loosing my eligibility for this promo, it's best that I'll renew my term with my current main provider, and abandon the PM account. Writing off $25+tax for the experiment and move on.

Phil330

@darlicious 

This is what the credit looked like in transactions:

Feb 11, 2021Promotional Bonus / Prime promotionnelle$25.00

Phil330

@darlicious 

Feb 12, 202130-day plan/Forfait de 30 jours

I followed up a few times yesterday with a moderator and was left with if the system will apply the credits at renewal, if there is any issue to reach back to them. To me that implies that it is an automatic application but I can't speak to if the agent manually entered the credits to be applied overnight. On another note, I did activate another line only 2 weeks ago and I received the same credits within 5 days! What is the take away? 

@chipmunk 

According to @Phil330 it was applied just before renewal. Which is new. Maybe pm recently updated the system to do this just before renewal or on a regular interval. They keep you on your toes here. But rest assured you do get what you are promised at pm.

@Phil330 

Well thats good to hear....do you mind sharing what the line says in your transaction history? Something like 30 DAY CREDIT.......$0

So do you get the impression that the "system" automatically applied it or that maybe someone was tasked to apply to all eligible accounts renewing? I only ask because I haven't ssen the system operate this way before so maybe its a new thing. Thankfully you can put this whole saga behind you now. 

Phil330

@darlicious 

At the eve of my account expiring on the 30 day all credits/promotions were automatically applied to my account. Case closed:)

@Phil330 

I agree with you whole heartedly. The moderator clearly has no idea what their job duties are and keep hoping the "system" will perform those duties for them. You could take one last stab at it and ask them to consult with a more senior colleague as to what the normal or proper procedure is in this situation.

Mind you I'm grasping at straws trying to find one among all of the unrecognizable names of moderators online but @Ana_H , @Arturo_H  and @Eddy_G  should be safe bets.

Anonymous
Not applicable

But they CAN say they're respecting the terms ie. the 30 business days. We all know what that is...the 5 week days equalling 6 weeks. Ridiculous of course but the marketing department keeps saying it. They don't seem to have any interest in accuracy and clarity. Yet why is it that many other customers have received both parts in an entirely timely manner. Embarrassing is what it is.

chipmunk
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

One would expect this to be fully automated. Can't be that hard to program?

I have a week left until renewal (entered e-mail and signed up for $25 plan on January 21/2021, well within the cut-off). No second term credit, no extra data so far.

I clearly understood it as "no cost for the second term" and I would somewhat expect to be able to use those 5GB in that same 60 day period from sign-up date.

Glad that I haven't canceled my other provider's account just yet. Might just stop the Public Mobile experiment if empty promises, depending on the CSR's mood of the day, is the way things work around here now. (Apparently my friend had a smooth ride for more than 2 years, otherwise I wouldn't be here to begin with.)

Phil330

@darlicious @Catherine_T 

The moderator has replied and stated he will apply the credits tomorrow if the system does not......we shall see where this goes...maybe the 13th? lol. I did ask if they will send a refund credit to my card as it will be billed before end of day today!! Won't hold my breath on that one..that would definitely get in the way of video game time lol. At any rate at this point PM has clearly not respected the terms of agreement (within 30 days) and (2nd month free), and the moderators responsible to mange requests have opted not to correct the situation in time, and that should not be within any moderators power as they do represent Telus. Not respecting written terms is definitely a CRTC concern.

@Catherine_T @Alan_K 

Really this is how moderators operate now?!! So they dictate the terms and conditions of promotions ? I suppose whenever we get questions about when the promo will be applied we should just tell every customer to submit a ticket because its YMMV depending on the moderator you get.....maybe you'll get your 5th month free or your 12th month free and don't expect to use that data add on in your first 30 days or maybe not even your second 30 days or maybe when I'm done doing my nails........

@Phil330 

This must be completely maddening to you I know I'm getting mad! But stay cool as a cucumber and then tell them what you think in the review link. Send the portion of the terms and conditions below showing how because of them the are not living up public mobiles own terms.

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  3. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

We all know the "business days" is not accurate but heck pm is open 7/365 so sure it could apply.

Phil330

They actually wrote me to tell me if the credit was not applied on Feb 11th to contact them and they will apply the credit. Today Feb 11th a different moderator told me wait until the 12th! I even asked him to review the last moderators instructions and even after that he refused to apply today as previously promised! Honestly....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Phil330 : It's also the ridiculous contradicting language they use. You'd think they were fresh grads out of marketing school or something cutting their teeth on this low budget outfit. They say the credit will be used FOR the "second month". But then they say 30 BUSINESS days. Obviously that would put it well after the first renewal. Stick to your guns. (assuming you did everything right by the terms)

Phil330

@darlicious 

OMG I did what they asked and contacted them on the last day Feb 11th-12th and the answer I got was "wait until tomorrow" lol OK at this point I think you might be right on the lack of incentive to help customers. Asking a customer to wait and then change the story at the deadline is not acceptable. I will see what story comes out of the unhelpdesk tomorrow lol!.

Phil330

@darlicious 

30 days are up..no free monthly credit, no 5GB, I contacted the moderator and verified my account.....and now crickets not even a thank you for verifying your account. Maybe they are working on it or maybe not????

@RF73 

If no one has responded in 48 hours then resubmit a support ticket via simon or send a private message.....

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours during working hours but with non urgent issues be prepared to wait up to 48 hours. Wait times seem to have improved and are (hopefully) back down to a few hours....

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

RF73

No one will respond 

@RF73 

We as customers cannot do that for you. You must contact the moderators for your request.

RF73

Would someone please credit me my prom for February month,just joining and would like to stay with pm but if not I might have to switch

@Phil330 

Well done! The moderators have been giving you the run around for so long you are now helping others with their issues! Also again kudos to you for being so patient and willing to pay for your second month just to prove to the new moderator that they are wrong about your promos automatically applying upon renewal. 

@laurabellee  @RF73 

If you get a senior moderator they will likely apply your promos when you contact them shortly before your renewal. However if you get a new moderator its very YMMV as to whether they will add your promos or allow autopay to save your renewal or even allow your service to be suspended ( if you don't have autopay) because of their ignorance on how promos are applied. Take solace in the fact if they allow this to happen to enough new customers (who also ask for a review link and provide feedback to pm) and create enough extra work for themselves that their future with pm is probably limited.

RF73

I signed up for a $40 plan

Scarlett11

@laurabellee - did you sign up for a plan $25 or more?

RF73

Thanks

laurabellee

Thanks will do! Take care

@laurabellee wrote:

It has now been over 30 days. The only thing I have not yet received is the credit for the next free month. What do I do now pls? Thank you! 🙂

So you DID receive the bonus 5GB, but NOT the credit for the 2nd month free?

Are you certain your payment card was charged on your 1st renewal?  You can confirm on payment transaction history on self-serve by clicking on Payment History, toggle to last 30 days, click 'search', then see if the line item "2nd month/ free + 2ème mois gratuit" is displayed with the plan amount to the right of it.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Phil330

Use the chatbot to contact a moderator and open a ticket, they should be able to make the adjustments.

Need Help? Let's chat.