cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

280 REPLIES 280

@Phil330 

Sigh....new moderators! Submit a new ticket and ask for them to be added to your account. There is a general schedule that will automatically apply the promotional  credits to your account. But since the activation promotions were extended several times and new customers don't always activate by the original deadline given to them. As a result some new customers accounts get missed by the automatic application. 

The most recent promotions of the 5gb data add on and a 30 day credit were added to accounts around day 8 or 9 (data) and 5 business days after the promotion you signed up for deadline has passed.  Moderator wait times as of yesterday via private messaging were 4 hours ( first reply) 1 hour (2nd reply.) Its now time for the credits to be added to your account.

Phil330
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have not received either and I did contact a moderator and was told to wait? 2nd month starts in 4 days and still nothing?

@Phil330 

1. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  2. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 days of activating if applicable.

Phil330

I have not received either the 5GB or free month promotion and my new account will renew in only 4 days, I did contact a moderator and I was told it will be applied prior to the 2nd month renewal. My second line has already received the monthly credit only a few days after activation, but not the 5GB. The inconsistency in time leads me to believe there may be an issue with the system, I guess we shall see in 4 days! Both lines had received the verification of eligibility for each email and account so no issues in acknowledgment of the promotion. 

@rocket222 

I would say yes. I've reread the promotions terms and conditions and you have still fufilled the conditions the only difference is the date on your email reminder. Since there is nothing saying you need to re-enter your email i think you should be fine. You may not automatically have the promotional credits added to your account in the manner they were before but wait and see if they are added by February 17th.( Generally these credits have been added 5 business days after the promo ends but officially its 30 days.) If they still are not added to your account by day 25 of your plan cycle contact the moderators then and ask for them to be added.

@Vballxox wrote:

I just activated. It can take up to 30 days for the credits and 5G to appear? Okay thanks good to know. 

Yes. Public Mobile listed in within the term and conditions on the e-mail sign up page.  It's also in the first message of this thread (point # 5 of "how to activate").

Vballxox

I just activated. It can take up to 30 days for the credits and 5G to appear? Okay thanks good to know. 

@Vballxox wrote:

I submitted my email and activated but did not get the free 5gb. Please help. 

@Vballxox When did you activate? It can take up to 30 business days to see the bonuses. If you met all of the requirements and it has been longer than 30 business days you will need to contact a moderator for help.

How to Open a Ticket / Contact Moderators

1. Click Chat Bubble and type "Open Ticket"

2. Click "Contact PM Support"

3. Select "Account Specific Question"

4. Click "No, I Need A Human Now"

5. Select the link "Click Here To Submit A Ticket"

6. This opens a new window. Log in with Community Account NOT your self serve. Follow prompts.

Vballxox

I submitted my email and activated but did not get the free 5gb. Please help. 

rocket222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@darlicious 

Thanks for your reply.  I registered my email on Dec. 29, got the confirmation on the same day, and got the reminder on Jan. 6.  All said the same "Activate by January 15".  Shall I just go ahead to activate to receive the offer?

bigtone76761

Yes I did everything I should of but haven't received any emails or notifications at all

@laurabellee 

You should submit ticket via simon ( chat bubble bottom right corner of your screen) and hooefully the moderators will reply before your renewal.  Type "promo credit not recieved " and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket.

@rbrisbin

You too....

Keep an eye on your private message box (the envelope icon) next to your avatar at the top right corner of your screen for a little bubble to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

rbrisbin

I signed up for this and also did not receive it. The moderator told me to wait 30 days, but I'm already in my second month which was supposed to be free

laurabellee

Hi! I activated my account on the 7th. So maybe it will show up at the 30 day mark! I am waiting patiently. 

@rocket222 

When did you register your email? This offer was extended 3 times. You will also recieve a reminder to activate date on it. All said you should be fine to recieve the credits once you activate online.

rocket222

My confirmation email says, "Activate by January 15th". Would I still get the FREE 5GB offer if I activate by February 8?

jivetalker
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I got my email telling me to sign up a week after i had already signed up. Maybe you will still get one?

Scarlett11

@systo123  oh no!! 
have you checked your junk email? Maybe it landed there?

If it’s not there, perhaps reach out to a moderator? Maybe they will be able to confirm?

systo123

the thing is i dont know which email i used 🤭 after i didnt receive confirmation i signed up again. lol

Scarlett11

@systo123 - my understanding is that not everyone received the email sign up confirmation, just be sure to activate using the email you believe you sent, by February 8th

welcome to Public Mobile!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@systo123 : Don't worry about the email. If you submitted the email address before the cut-off then you can activate using that email and get the promotion(s).

Don't forget to use a referral code to get a $10 credit.

systo123

i thought i signed up for the "must activate promotion by feb 8th" but havnt gotten an email yet ? 

i did get one for january 15 tho but i missed that one.is there any way to recieve the feb 8th activate , i just got the sim card and im ready to sign up.

@Bmoretto wrote:

Hi, I registered for this promotion, signed up as a new customer and never got this deal on the plan I got. How do I get the 5G?

Did you activate a $25 or higher plan online and follow the stated procedures on the promotion page? The 5GB will come within 30 days of activation.

Bmoretto

Hi, I registered for this promotion, signed up as a new customer and never got this deal on the plan I got. How do I get the 5G?

@darlicious wrote:

@YvonA 

This isn't the first time Koodo employees were sadly misinformed to the detriment of public mobile customer. Unfortunately they are only loyal to their paychecks when you are not a Koodo customer. But by all means pursue the promos....they are still employees of Telus.

Koodo locations that sell Public Mobile products and services are authorized retaiilers and are not corporate locations. The people there are not Telus employees.  I do agree that misinformation given, even by authorized retailers, still makes Telus look bad.

@YvonA 

This isn't the first time Koodo employees were sadly misinformed to the detriment of public mobile customer. Unfortunately they are only loyal to their paychecks when you are not a Koodo customer. But by all means pursue the promos....they are still employees of Telus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@YvonA wrote:

This is very bad, a company like Telus cannot give me the promo i was made to understand from chat person before i even registered my new account at Koodo retailer! not what i signed up for, dissapointed for sure.

Unlike a store where you buy a physical good and you find out afterwards that there was a coupon or special price...that retailer isn't going to tell you at the till that you can get it for less. But you can "return" it and "re-buy" it ie. get price protection of the difference.

Here...it's a service that you pay in advance where they promise to give you the service in exchange for your payment up front.

When I first signed up I went through the same thing. I happily unknowingly signed up to what I thought was a great rate. I got into this community and saw a couple promos go by and I'm thinking dang. The mods did do a little something for me but they certainly didn't have to and it certainly wasn't the full amount of whatever promo was. But I've saved so much money ever since.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@YvonA wrote:

This is very bad, a company like Telus cannot give me the promo i was made to understand from chat person before i even registered my new account at Koodo retailer! not what i signed up for, dissapointed for sure.

@YvonA So do what others have suggested, contact a moderator and plead your case. All they can do is say no, but on the other hand, if you ask nicely they might say yes.

@YvonA

What date did you activate in store? Did you ever register your email for the promotion?

YvonA

Need Help? Let's chat.