cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Year Savings: Get your second month FREE plus 5GB of data when you activate on select plans

Catherine_T
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Promotion has expired.

Hey Community, 

For a limited time only, new customers can get their second month free when they activate on any plan online. (Plus an additional 5GB of free data when they activate on select plans!)

This offer is available to new customers only. Rules and conditions apply.

5GB Free Data Plan Eligibility:

• Quebec: Customers must activate on any plan of $23 or higher
  • Rest of Canada: Customers must activate on any plan of $25 or higher

*Second month free promo applies to new activations on all plans. 

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate on any plan online before February 8, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

How to Activate:

1. If you need to purchase a SIM card, click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile. Your SIM card will be shipped within 3 to 7 business days. You can also order your SIM card through Amazon, and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you. 
  2. Visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate online.
  3. The credit value that you will receive will be equal to the price of the rate plan on which you activated your SIM card. This credit will cover the rate plan cost only. It will not cover additional costs such as Add-Ons.
  4. Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  5. Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.
  6. You will not need to top-up your account at your first renewal date, unless you purchase Add-Ons, change or future-date your plan to a more expensive plan during the first 30 days. Note that, if you have registered for AutoPay, you will continue to receive your $2 AutoPay reward every 30 days. All Reward rules, which can be found at publicmobile.ca/rewardrules, apply.  

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

- The Public Mobile Community Team

280 REPLIES 280

Lindsaylee2222
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I think that since I signed up almost z year ago and plan to stay on public Mobile deserve the opportunity to receive the extra 5gig data added on to my monthly plan.  I have not missed a month, paid every month n have even switched to autopay to keep my account going.  That, in my eyes would make public Mobile comparable and even better than Rogers or Bell because they is something they would do for a customer like me, if I were to call, speak to a human, I am 92% positive that they would make that a reality for me.  Any thoughts, numbers I could call, human availability to access this possibility?

Thanks in advance!

Lindsay xxxxxx

Edit:  Removed personal information from public forum.  Dunkman

MONA2050

Thank you. Looking forward to be with PM.

@Xena wrote:

Hi, yes I did but I never received a confirmation in my email. I tried more than once and still no email.

The only email I got was when I activated my phone. 

@Xena 

Many customers do not get an confirmation email.  When you submit your email initially, you should have been brought to the next webpage, confirming that you signed up.  You should be fine. 

Xena

Hi, yes I did but I never received a confirmation in my email. I tried more than once and still no email.

The only email I got was when I activated my phone. 

@Xena...

did you follow these instructions ?..

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  2. Receive a confirmation message that the email address you’ve submitted is now eligible for the offer.
  3. Activate any plan online before January 25, 2021, 11:59 PM EST to redeem this offer.

• Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

@Xena wrote:

Hello,

I just activated my phone but I did not  receive my confirmation email for the promo 5gb data and the free month.

And I do not have it in my account.

Can you please get back to me. Thanks

If the conditions of the promotion have been met, you will receive the bonuses within 30 days of activation.

Xena

Hello,

I just activated my phone but I did not  receive my confirmation email for the promo 5gb data and the free month.

And I do not have it in my account.

Can you please get back to me. Thanks

@eqh006 wrote:

Hi, 

As of now, the link still is not working. Have you been able to find the correct one? Thanks!

This was pointed out on the first page of this announcement thread that the link didn't work.

@Catherine_T : It looks like a correction needs to be made.

eqh006

Thanks! Just saw it

@eqh006 

I just gave you new link to get to the promotion.

Click below

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek

eqh006

Hi, 

As of now, the link still is not working. Have you been able to find the correct one? Thanks!

@eqh006 

Use this one.

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek

Also when you start activation. Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus credited to your account within 72 hours of activation.

eqh006

Hi, 

The promo link provided is not working : https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/fs2020

Could you repost the link please? Thanks!

cbenny13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Wish I were a new member!

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is normal in billing.  Once you are eligible for a second month free, you will be given a credit in your account toward the end of the first 30 days which will be used to cover the next month's payment.  

Welcome to Public Mobile.  You will love all the great incentives and gifts from Public Mobile.  Such a great company to be in!

Rosguru
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This is a great incentive to new customers.  Thank you Public Mobile 🙂

@ThePrez wrote:

just switch today from Rogers to Public and suppose to receive the promo  1 month free and  5 gig . I signed up for $25 plan.......now if I opt for autopay do I loose the bonus?

You won't lose anything. Autopay earns you a discount.

ThePrez

just switch today from Rogers to Public and suppose to receive the promo  1 month free and  5 gig . I signed up for $25 plan.......now if I opt for autopay do I loose the bonus?

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It'll be added to your account within 30 days after you activated AND as long as you followed instructions to qualify. Did you submit an email and get confirmation before you activated?

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  3. Activate any plan online before January 25, 2021, 11:59 PM EST to redeem this offer.

• Eligible customers will be credited the 30-day rate plan amount within 30 business days of activating. These credits will count towards your next plan renewal.
  • Eligible customers will be credited the add-on bonus within 30 business days of activating if applicable.

Hi @SvenBrouwer 

It could take up to 30 days for the bonus data to show in your self-serve account.

SvenBrouwer

I activated my plan today, but don't see the 5GB of data. I was told when going through the activation process that this would happen automatically.

@MONA2050...

you should see the free month and data on your account within 30 days or less.

Welcome to Public Mobile.

MONA2050

Yes, I entered my email address and activated the card online using the same email address with $25 monthly plan.  When I entered my email on website, I did not receive any confirmation email. I received below message in the website itself. I immediately confirmed with the customer care executive on Chat and she said I was eligible. Only after that I went ahead. Surprizingly, after activation, I do not see the bonus 5G data in my account. I will wait for 30 days and see now. 

"Thanks for entering your email!

This is confirmation that the email address you entered is now eligible for this limited time offer. Follow the steps below and activate with the email address submitted by January 25, 2021."

@MONA2050 wrote:

I have activated my SIM with $25 plan. However, I have not received 5GB Bonus data. This data is given on 1st month or 2nd month?

It'll be added to your account within 30 days after you activated AND as long as you followed instructions to qualify. Did you submit email and get confirmation before you activated ?

How to Get this Offer: 

1. Submit your email address here 
  3. Activate on any plan online before January 25, 2021, 11:59PM EST to redeem this offer.

@MONA2050 wrote:

I have activated my SIM with $25 plan. However, I have not received 5GB Bonus data. This data is given on 1st month or 2nd month?

This hapepens within 30 days.

MONA2050

jeanbeans

Here is the link to the boxing week savings page: 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/boxingweek 

You can submit your email address on this page to receive the activation email. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeanbeans : Click on the big logo up top and find Get Offer and click on it.

jeanbeans

This is great! I've just signed up for Public Mobile today. The link to submitt my email address isnt working. Am I eligible for this deal?

Need Help? Let's chat.