cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Public Mobile Pricing

@Noah1 wrote:

@srlawren no sorry I saw the date was back in 09/20/17 after I posted then wanted to delete the post but couldn't figure out how so I did that

Something else you can do is editing your post and just erasing everything in it Smiley Wink

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys, just joined the PM family and i just wanted to say hi ! Really happy so far ! These plans are crushing the competittion like there is no tomorrow !~!  Way to go ! Smiley Happy

ps: Happy Friday everyone ! Smiley Very Happy

Mayor / Maire

Little update for you, enjoy Smiley Happy

(white: new / orange: same price as before / green: better price than before / gray: better options available for same price or cheaper)

Prices as of August 13 2018.png

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Someone_here  Thanks for the summary table. It appears that your 90 days columns are without autopay....for comparison, should you not add that in too?

Also, in your 4G data section, it is unclear what period the data applies, 30 or 90 days. Maybe a little more clarificaiton on that too please.

EDIT: Nevermind... I just noticed that the title for ALL the data is for 90 days... ;-)

Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97

I designed the table at the time when 90-day plans were mostly if not all cheaper than 30-day plans, which is why I had the selling price in the 90-day column, and then I divided that price by 3 and removed $2 for autopay, in order to make an easier comparison with other plans on the market (and not between 30 and 90-day plans, which you can't compare anyways Smiley Wink ).

Today most 30-day and 90-day plans have the same prices, but 90-day plans do not compare with anything else on the market anyways. I guess I should eventually clarify if prices in the right columns are 90-day prices divided by 3 or simply 30-day prices... (which I tried to do by writing "3 x 4.5 gb" in the data column, for example).

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Someone_here no, the 90-day data column is fine...I simply missed the top title as I scanned down... I understand it better now. Agreed with the sentiment that PM pricing is hard to beat overall. That said, I think having the autopay factored in to the 90-plans would make that stand out even more. 

Nice jobe either way. Thx.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi Jermey,

Great to hear that  Public Mobile is expanding the  business. Is there any chance Public Mobile is going to do something about the set amount prepaid cards? Why don't they just come in as $10.00, $25, $50.00? 

When people are at stores like London Drug, they make it very confusing to purchase a prepaid card. 

What about a monthly plan or automatic withdraw from the bank account? I know public is all about cost, but accepting credit cards does cost money for Public Mobile.

Public Mobile needs a mobile app for sure

Look forward hearing from you

Marc 

Oracle

@marcti wrote:

Hi Jermey,

Great to hear that  Public Mobile is expanding the  business. Is there any chance Public Mobile is going to do something about the set amount prepaid cards? Why don't they just come in as $10.00, $25, $50.00? 

When people are at stores like London Drug, they make it very confusing to purchase a prepaid card. 

What about a monthly plan or automatic withdraw from the bank account? I know public is all about cost, but accepting credit cards does cost money for Public Mobile.

Public Mobile needs a mobile app for sure

Look forward hearing from you

Marc 

@marcti

I agree that the vouchers should be of more conventional denominations.  FYI, there are real-time vouchers available at some retailers, which will allow the customer to buy any dollar amount they want and have it loaded instantly to their account.

I hope you're not suggesting to remove credit card as a payment option. Lots of people actually prefer to charge expenses to their credit cards for the convenience, rewards, etc. Removing that would be shooting themselves (PM) in the foot.

A Public Mobile app has been suggested many times before, but since their sister company Koodo has shut down their own app, I doubt PM will be developing one.

Btw, Jeremy is no longer the community manager here. He has transferred to work at Koodo.  This is a very old topic, which I'm not sure PM would even monitor anymore, so if you want them to hear these ideas, I suggest you send Brooke a message via that link.

JFF
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

That's exact what I need.  Thanks! 

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I honestly really LOVE Public Mobile! I love how it's strictly online based, and no long phone calls. I hate calling to get help, I am more of an online type of person! Prices are GREAT compared to any other carrier too!

Keep being awesome Public Mobile. Honestly can't wait to see what is yet to come!