Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Public Mobile Pricing

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey Community,

We have some news we think you will love! We listened to your feedback and have made some changes to our plans.

Some highlights include:

• Making 30-day plans even better
  • Introducing new data buckets for low data users
  • Pricing changes on talk + text and 4G LTE plans

Curious? Check out publicmobile.ca/plans and try out the plans calculator.

-Public Mobile Community Team

162 REPLIES 162

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It is now a while back that they changed the 90 day for $90 plan that you now have the option of Canada wide calling or Provincial wide calling for the same price. It is nice that they are bringing more options like this to plans. Hopefully they keep it up.

danielj
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

The various payment options tend to vary the terms of the fees they charge the vendors to have the various payments options for the end customers. Due to the amount of people using a specific payment option it may not be an affordable or economical option. Most of us here using Public Mobile do not have an issue using one of the primary brands of credit cards with most of us probably preferring to use a credit card. Most of us would also have the price and plan “value” or package more important than a few less commonly used payment options.

randolphbenoit
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Yup love PM too just wish they had PayPal payment option as I do not use credit card (using voucher option atm). Lack of this payment option keeping away dozens of my family members from switching to PM.

roxysurfdreams
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I honestly really LOVE Public Mobile! I love how it's strictly online based, and no long phone calls. I hate calling to get help, I am more of an online type of person! Prices are GREAT compared to any other carrier too!

Keep being awesome Public Mobile. Honestly can't wait to see what is yet to come!

JFF

That's exact what I need.  Thanks! 

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@marcti wrote:

Hi Jermey,

Great to hear that  Public Mobile is expanding the  business. Is there any chance Public Mobile is going to do something about the set amount prepaid cards? Why don't they just come in as $10.00, $25, $50.00? 

When people are at stores like London Drug, they make it very confusing to purchase a prepaid card. 

What about a monthly plan or automatic withdraw from the bank account? I know public is all about cost, but accepting credit cards does cost money for Public Mobile.

Public Mobile needs a mobile app for sure

Look forward hearing from you

Marc 

@marcti

I agree that the vouchers should be of more conventional denominations.  FYI, there are real-time vouchers available at some retailers, which will allow the customer to buy any dollar amount they want and have it loaded instantly to their account.

I hope you're not suggesting to remove credit card as a payment option. Lots of people actually prefer to charge expenses to their credit cards for the convenience, rewards, etc. Removing that would be shooting themselves (PM) in the foot.

A Public Mobile app has been suggested many times before, but since their sister company Koodo has shut down their own app, I doubt PM will be developing one.

Btw, Jeremy is no longer the community manager here. He has transferred to work at Koodo.  This is a very old topic, which I'm not sure PM would even monitor anymore, so if you want them to hear these ideas, I suggest you send Brooke a message via that link.

marcti

Hi Jermey,

Great to hear that  Public Mobile is expanding the  business. Is there any chance Public Mobile is going to do something about the set amount prepaid cards? Why don't they just come in as $10.00, $25, $50.00? 

When people are at stores like London Drug, they make it very confusing to purchase a prepaid card. 

What about a monthly plan or automatic withdraw from the bank account? I know public is all about cost, but accepting credit cards does cost money for Public Mobile.

Public Mobile needs a mobile app for sure

Look forward hearing from you

Marc 

@Someone_here no, the 90-day data column is fine...I simply missed the top title as I scanned down... I understand it better now. Agreed with the sentiment that PM pricing is hard to beat overall. That said, I think having the autopay factored in to the 90-plans would make that stand out even more. 

Nice jobe either way. Thx.

@pm-smayer97

I designed the table at the time when 90-day plans were mostly if not all cheaper than 30-day plans, which is why I had the selling price in the 90-day column, and then I divided that price by 3 and removed $2 for autopay, in order to make an easier comparison with other plans on the market (and not between 30 and 90-day plans, which you can't compare anyways 😉 ).

Today most 30-day and 90-day plans have the same prices, but 90-day plans do not compare with anything else on the market anyways. I guess I should eventually clarify if prices in the right columns are 90-day prices divided by 3 or simply 30-day prices... (which I tried to do by writing "3 x 4.5 gb" in the data column, for example).

@Someone_here  Thanks for the summary table. It appears that your 90 days columns are without autopay....for comparison, should you not add that in too?

Also, in your 4G data section, it is unclear what period the data applies, 30 or 90 days. Maybe a little more clarificaiton on that too please.

EDIT: Nevermind... I just noticed that the title for ALL the data is for 90 days... 😉

Little update for you, enjoy 🙂

(white: new / orange: same price as before / green: better price than before / gray: better options available for same price or cheaper)

Prices as of August 13 2018.png

Doko
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey guys, just joined the PM family and i just wanted to say hi ! Really happy so far ! These plans are crushing the competittion like there is no tomorrow !~!  Way to go ! 🙂

ps: Happy Friday everyone ! 😄

@Noah1 wrote:

@srlawren no sorry I saw the date was back in 09/20/17 after I posted then wanted to delete the post but couldn't figure out how so I did that

Something else you can do is editing your post and just erasing everything in it 😉

Noah1

@srlawren no sorry I saw the date was back in 09/20/17 after I posted then wanted to delete the post but couldn't figure out how so I did that

srlawren

@Noah1 did you have a question or comment?  All you've done is quote Jeremy's announcement post that started this thread. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Noah1

@Jeremy_M wrote:

Hey Community,

We have some news we think you will love! We listened to your feedback and have made some changes to our plans.

Some highlights include:

• Making 30-day plans even better
  • Introducing new data buckets for low data users
  • Pricing changes on talk + text and 4G LTE plans

Curious? Check out publicmobile.ca/plans and try out the plans calculator.

-Public Mobile Community Team

hdesai1611

wow that grate

sgio73

Thanks !!! even better !

Simfang187

We need more data. Atleast up to 15gb it would be nice to have the option. I am a business owner and I use a lot off data infact I have 2 phones because I run out off data over quick with PM. I’d love it if we guys would add more data thanks 

srlawren

@lenworth you will need to reach out to the Public Mobile moderator team for help.  Here's all the details you'll need:

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

lenworth

i did an activation i see the credit balance but it says payment failure

srlawren

@crtowns when you are replying to a posting from this past September, buried about 2 pages back in the thread, you might want to quote the original so we have some context.

crtowns

@kotsy

@kotsy wrote:

I was hoping they'd be back with their $40 for 4GB deal. I also notice noticed in the fine print that the $45 includes the $2 auto-pay discount 😕

Not saying it's not a good deal but I really wish I joined PM last fall lol

Me too! I had never heard of Public Mobile last fall. I guess the small advertising budget worked, I never heard of the $40 4G deal or even heard of the company until recently when I started actively looking for a more affordable plan. Actually I heard of Freedom Mobile's crazy deals and then stumbled across Public Mobile online. 

I think if referrals are working as they should, all of our friends would hear of these great deals when they come along. 

srlawren

@randolphbenoit right--you did mention Atlantic Canada.  Sorry, I forgot.  🙂

randolphbenoit

He lives in Newfoundland and works in Nova Scotia seasonally.

srlawren

@randolphbenoit one last caveat:  if he happens to live/work near a provincial border (common problem area is Ottawa/Gatineau) then I highly recommend the Canada-wide calling option.  People have problems as they sometimes end up connecting to a tower on the other side of the provincial border and the system thinks they're in that other province and starts using up their add-on minutes when the customer doens't expect it.  

randolphbenoit

yes just next province over but only calls once every few weeks. So province-wide with 400mins will be enough for him and it more flexible vs changing plans between province-wide vs canada-wide 2-4 times a year.

srlawren

@randolphbenoit your friend's travel for a few months a year--is it within Canada?  He may want to consider upgrading the talk portion of his plan to Canada-wide calling instead then.  I believe on most if not all current plans, the upgrade costs $5 per 30 days.  It would give him peace of mind to use his phone anywhere in Canada any time to call any Canadian number, without worrying about running out minutes, needing to buy more minutes, etc.  If he mostly takes short trips that are spread out throughout the year then the add-ons may be better, but if he takes fewer longer trips and needs to do a lot of calling, the Canada-wide talk option may be better.  Just food for thought. 

To figure out the break-even point, consider $5 / 30 days = $0.16666667 per day * 365 days = $60.83 per year to upgrade to the Canada-wide talk.  $60 would be enough to purchase four of the 400 min add-ons, for a total of 1,600 mins.  So if he might need to use more than 1,600 mins a year while travelling within Canada or to call other provinces while at home, then the Canada-wide talk is the better option.

If his travel is outside of Canada, it's a different discussion entirely.  In short: if it's travel to the US, there are roaming options available with PM but they are really only ideal for 4-10 day trips (at a time), and there may be better roaming options at other carriers.  If it's travel outside of Canada or the US, PM will not give him any service at all, at any cost--so I'd expore other carriers for that as well.

randolphbenoit

Great thx again everyone now I have thge info my friend needs before signing up. Sounds like PM will fit his needs well 🙂

aip0401

Yes, add-ons remain on your account until they’re used up. 

Need Help? Let's chat.