cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@darlicious wrote:

@softech 

Yeah there's a reason for that. If you explore different global sims or portable wifi hotspot data rates if they include Canada they are almost universally set aside from a "region" and have much higher data rates than other regions/countries. This is because they are either unable to negotiate an acceptable data rate to be marketed to their customers or the rate negotiated is so much higher than comparable regional countries they have to set aside Canada in a separate category for rates. The big three don't want a black market of global sims penetrating the Canadian marketplace.

There may be some CRTC controls is place as well. 

Haiggy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

I'd appreciate a heads-up next time, so that we can choose a current plan before the changes take effect.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy 

Other than this notification in the community there hasn’t been an official notification. But other than the fact that the $15 Canada plan option disappeared, all the rest of the plans are available either way. FOr PM this has been a BiG Notification compared to normal. Though I feel they should have been texting all customers about these changes.

AE_Collector

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Haiggy 

This was the heads up unless you wanted the Canada wide $15 plan that one was eliminated overnight. So if you still want one of the other Canada wide plans at the old price schedule your plan change on next renewal "now" and you will be grandfathered in after the scheduled change occurs.

doloresh
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Question:

If I signup for a Canada Wide plan (eg the $25 plan) will my price be grandfathered just like for the people who signed up before February 16, 2021?

Thanks!

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@doloresh wrote:

Question:

If I signup for a Canada Wide plan (eg the $25 plan) will my price be grandfathered just like for the people who signed up before February 16, 2021?

Thanks!

Yes, it will be grandfathered. Sign up soon before the deal is gone.

maheshboloor

Koodo are reverting this ridiculous province wide calling plan. Hope PM also reverts it sooner than later.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor wrote:

Koodo are reverting this ridiculous province wide calling plan. Hope PM also reverts it sooner than later.

Source?

maheshboloor

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@maheshboloor wrote:

So are you saying you have been advised that this will change to Canada Wide??

Pic as of March 9 2021 1:20pm

Screen Shot 2021-03-09 at 1.22.38 PM.png

Need Help? Let's chat.