cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pawprints1986
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

I did a bit more digging as I was just curious. This is chatr 25 plan as of now. Lucky mobile similar as well. I suppose things could still change though

Screenshot_2021-02-22-07-37-51.png

Very intriguing they allow data to be used even after your main plan data without needing an add-on. Very slow speeds, but no increased nickel and diming you for it

Still marketed as Canada wide/international text

I'm really trying to find out PM endgame with this honestly, especially if others do not follow suit

I'm grateful I'm on the already grandfathered 30$ 2gb Canada wide plan... But i do like to keep my options open should my needs change. But with this coming I got curious and dug a little deeper anyway...  

softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@Pawprints1986  yes, seems like koodo and PM are the leaders in changing from National Calling to Provincial Calling 😞  , let's see if they will be setting the standard for others to follow.   Of course, I hope it's a fail attempt and they will change back.

I think Chartr always has that reduced speed data, sadly, PM never follow  😞

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@LitlLdy 

Since you locked in your plan change to the $25 plan before the increase, you will be grandfathered-in, and your plan will not increase to $30 for as long as you don't change the plan again...

Pawprints1986
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@softech I also really hope it flops... Bad business move altogether

Rhino2007
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

All of a sudden we cannot call anyone. Not even in our province

Rhino2007

We cannot even call out within our Province

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@Rhino2007 

Are you on one of the "old" province wide calling plans from a few years ago? If so, I believe at least one other person with one of those plans has reported they could not make local calls either since a week or so before these new plans were announced (about 2 weeks ago)

The workaround is to add a $5/500min Canada wide long distance add-on or switch to one of the current plans, but definitely rattle some chains by opening a ticket with the moderators!

atmx093
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Wow, so practically all new clients in the Ottawa-Gatineau area (or any two cities that are very close but in different provinces) will be FORCED to pay an extra $5 a month just so they can call a city that is mere kilometers away instead of racking up a long  distance bill. This is nonsense, it's a money grab touted as a sale. I really hate the big three, they have way too much power over an infrastructure that is critical and essential.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@atmx093 wrote:

Wow, so practically all new clients in the Ottawa-Gatineau area (or any two cities that are very close but in different provinces) will be FORCED to pay an extra $5 a month just so they can call a city that is mere kilometers away instead of racking up a long  distance bill.

Yeah, it could also be entertaining for cities that literally straddle a provincial border... like Lloydminster, SK/AB..

So the basic premise still applies... if you will call out-of-province more than 500 minutes per month, pay the extra $5 for the Canada wide plan. If less, buy a 500 min Canada-wide add on at 1c that never expires. you're not "forced" to always pay an extra $5 every month because of this. Also, incoming calls are always included, so you have control of your outgoing calls, and can choose to use alternate means for an outgoing call (Home line, VoIP/TextNow etc)

Brent_liza1

I’m not too happy with this but I’m guessing that robelus will all follow suit. It seems they all do the same thing and there is no competition on plans. It feels like a monopoly between all the carriers to keep all plans the same. Seems like they all get together and offer the same plans. 

Need Help? Let's chat.