cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@AE_Collector wrote:

@CalgaryBen 

I am in the same place you are... 2 $15 plans, rarely if ever call out of province and frequently cut a little into my free data add-one that PM gave us. If as the $15 shows, the new provincial calling version actually has 500 Mb of data with Autopay I would have been there ... Yesterday! (I just renewed overnight). But I really REALLY don't think it will wind up with 500 Mb of data. Creating more incentive to stay on or switch to the $15 plan just doesn’t fit with their recent changes. As much as I think it would definitely be worth the gamble to switch if you are the fighting type, I think the end result would be them FIXING the wording, you being tossed a couple Gb add-on to shut you up and you maybe not being put back to the old Canada calling $15 plan you switched away from for more data. It is a tempting battle for me too as I can very easily live with provincial calling but I think one needs to pick their battles. Now if I hear otherwise... that indeed it becomes 500 Mb with Autopay on the provincial version, I’m making the move ASAP.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector , @CalgaryBen 

I've run out of "free" SIM cards and will not jeopardize the Canada-wide calling on my existing $15 plans, so I will not put this to the test.

But in theory, signing up with a new account for the new $15 plan would answer the question, no? (I guess there could be a future dated plan change to a higher data plan at current pricing if someone were to make it into a "secondary data supplement plan" if one preferred not to "loose" the SIM card price ...)

Edited: wrong tag, sorry

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Re: New Province-Wide Calling Plans + Limited-Time Offer on Canada-Wide Calling Plans

@wetcoaster wrote:

I've run out of "free" SIM cards and will not jeopardize the Canada-wide calling on my existing $15 plans, so I will not put this to the test.

But in theory, signing up with a new account for the new $15 plan would answer the question, no?

Hmm, I guess I could dip into my stash of standby SIM cards and activate a line in the interest of getting the answer...

However, I am inclined to concur with @AE_Collector that this is most likely a poor/incorrect implementation of verbiage in the self-serve side of things, especially since it doesn't correspond with the plan overviews.  It was more wishful thinking, hoping for 500MB.  I'm not the gambling type, though, especially when odds are not really stacked in the consumer's favour here!

Chanah
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I made an account for a family member last night (would that I'd have had two days more notice!), and the 15$ provincial plan gives 250 megs data with autopay enabled, not 500.

z10user4
Mayor / Maire

@Chanah wrote:

I made an account for a family member last night (would that I'd have had two days more notice!), and the 15$ provincial plan gives 250 megs data with autopay enabled, not 500.

@Chanah : Great update! Thanks. Would you be willing to post screenshots of the overview page and the Plan Details page. Blank out personal info of course.

Chanah

Chanah

Let me try that first one again.

Chanah

jimbobs

Have to say I'm not impressed.  Public Mobile takes a set of straight-forward plans that cater for most needs and just makes them much more complicated.  Then they try to disguise the effective price increase by telling us they're giving us more choice.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Chanah wrote:

@Chanah   Thanks for posting and confirming what we all suspected about the new $15 plan....no more speculating now!  😊

treefrog
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@dabr 

I don't think this has been settled yet. Because if it was an activation the $15 plan on plans page does not mention an extra 250mb data. Only in your self serve does the wording imply that it has 500mb of data. And since it's looking more and more that they're not going to honour my plan change that disappeared I just might have to reactivate with $15 provincial calling plan and if I do so I will be taking Public Mobile to task for that as well.

Need Help? Let's chat.