cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Plan: $35 for 2GB

@bluejaywpg 

You erred in the way your were trying to decide on changing plans. What you should have done is schedule the plan to change on your next renewal. You can then cancel the scheduled plan change at any time before renewal if you decide not to go thru with it. Upon renewal you could then schedule the plan change again. Any scheduled plan change will honour that plan even if it is eliminated before your renewal. Of course after that you are grandfathered in so changing it after its no longer offered you then lose it forever.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@bluejaywpg 

You erred in the way your were trying to decide on changing plans. What you should have done is schedule the plan to change on your next renewal. You can then cancel the scheduled plan change at any time before renewal if you decide not to go thru with it. Upon renewal you could then schedule the plan change again. Any scheduled plan change will honour that plan even if it is eliminated before your renewal. Of course after that you are grandfathered in so changing it after its no longer offered you then lose it forever.

Only catch is you cannot do that if you are trying to activate a new SIM/Account as there is no way to lock into a current plan without an active SIM/Account.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been stuck on a plan for 5 years. It hasn't been beaten since. New customers I attract leave within 2 weeks but better offers. This company used to stand for being the best. Get the CEO of his high horse and give the public what we are asking for. Better bang for our dollar screw the big 3 but at this rate of 5 years we are becoming worse then freedom and that's saying alot. If the customer is unsatisfied which one I am and 10 I've lost that's a few hundred your losing to bell and rogers

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@marcmasters 

Stuck on a plan for 5 years? Sounds like you got a great deal with full speed 4G data with a minimum $7 in rewards being applied to your account. You need to do more with your referrals to keep them with pm. Can i get a winback offer from telus, fido or freedom that would beat pm in terms of data amounts vs price? Absolutely. Can any provider offer me two separate accounts for free? Absolutely not! I'll put up with the little glitches and what nots....free is free.

Edit: @marcmasters  whoops sorry hit post by accident.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Exactly when public mobile used to be the best prices against everyone. Not much anymore

Highlighted

@darlicious wrote:

@marcmasters 

Stuck on a plan for 5 years? Sounds like you got a great deal with full speed 4G data with a minimum $7 in rewards being applied to your account. You need to do more with your referrals to keep them with pm. Can i get a winback offer from telus, fido or freedom that would beat pm in terms of data amounts vs price? Absolutely. Can any provider offer me two separate accounts for free? Absolutely not! I'll put up with the little glitches and what nots....free is free.

Edit: @marcmasters  whoops sorry hit post by accident.

And that is probably why @marcmasters  is likely still here but others may not be able to get to that point as easily or at all anymore, especially if having to get referrals or getting them to stick around gets harder because the entry price point is not as attractive as it once was, as he has pointed out (and I agree, even compared to 2 1/2 years ago when I started). It is not the same PM as it once was.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

Agreed. But your targeted referrals should be suitable to the pm model of service. If a referral has many options then keeping them at pm will be difficult. If your referrals have limited options and you help with management and troubleshooting and keep them here for at least one year and they are on a lower priced plan so that rewards make a difference then keeping them here is easier especially if they are actually a friend or family member. 

Highlighted

@darlicious wrote:

@pm-smayer97 

Agreed. But your targeted referrals should be suitable to the pm model of service. If a referral has many options then keeping them at pm will be difficult. If your referrals have limited options and you help with management and troubleshooting and keep them here for at least one year and they are on a lower priced plan so that rewards make a difference then keeping them here is easier especially if they are actually a friend or family member. 

True...but you hit on two challenges....

1. "referrals should be suitable to the pm model of service" - that is a tough proposition and getting tougher because the value of plans is getting harder to justify with decreasing price differences or benefits, especially when you have to deal with PM's support model...I won't elaborate on that one...I know you know the ins and outs and ups and downs of that...

2. "you help with management and troubleshooting and keep them here" - if you want to take on such a role... and with the challenging support model, being the "contact" person can turn into an onerous task... I know... I supported up to 14 accounts at one point... now down to 4 thankfully (was 5 but I recently lost one because I missed the 90 window by 2 days to re-activate one). Point is, it is not for everyone.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@pm-smayer97 

All very true. Surprisingly all of my referrals with the exception of the bf have been 99% trouble free despite their varying degrees of computer prowess. Unlike my own account(s) one of which has had a myriad of issues. I'm certainly glad I don't rely on autopay that I'm sure would just be one more issue to deal with.

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Someone mentioned 45 unlimited with 25gb ... 

I've wondered this for years. Where are the deals for the little guys? Even at other carriers why not offer a 1gb unlimited calls and texts for even $10, in comparison to the 45 25gb it's still high

Why do they include more and more data but we're not ever seeing any reductions in smaller plans (aside from promos)?

Need Help? Let's chat.