cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: New Plan: $35 for 2GB

I think the lack of bravos really speaks to this.

Highlighted
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Mayor / Maire

"Seems competitive enough for the Canadian market to me."

If its too cheap for you, then I'm sure you can always offer to pay more to Telus, above and beyond what Telus/ PM Mobile is asking the plans. 

Canada pays some of the highest amounts in the world for mobile and internet access.

Sometime you wonder what  part of of their body their brain is located.

I'm not sure how you got to major level, but there is something called customer service, that we have to do our self.

Highlighted

@Bubba & the cell company excuse is that Canada is a large country with a small population. Which doesn't explain how Australia with a similar population density is able to achieve good coverage at much lower prices such as 5 GB for $30-35 in a month.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Bubba I'm not sure how you got to major level, but there is something called customer service, that we have to do our self.

*PM tells you upfront there is no customer service..

that's one of the reasons I decided to try public. I liked the fact that I would be managing my services myself, with the notion I will be able to save on my bill. I would have to say the rewards system is unbeatable at the moment. 

*learn how to dodge the bullets, auto-pay and the payment system (add-ons, change plan etc.) and you will have a reliable service.

i understand from a regular customers point of view, the $2 discount for auto-pay isn't worth it and I would have to agree. there are many other places offering better options with customer support, reliable system.

if we look at the plan without the rewards, the prices don't look that great vs lucky, but for customers that have been here for 2+ years. they are saving $4+referrals off the advertised price. we need to take that into account. when we look at things in another light, the plans start to look more appealing. lucky and chatr don't offer anything close to this...

the $40/5gb plan for a customer of 5 years is actually $33. that sounds like a pretty good deal to me. add referrals to that number 🥳.

there are/were customers in the past with 40+ referrals 😯.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Bubba wrote:

Mayor / Maire

"Seems competitive enough for the Canadian market to me."

If its too cheap for you, then I'm sure you can always offer to pay more to Telus, above and beyond what Telus/ PM Mobile is asking the plans. 

Canada pays some of the highest amounts in the world for mobile and internet access.

Sometime you wonder what  part of of their body their brain is located.

I'm not sure how you got to major level, but there is something called customer service, that we have to do our self.

This is true. Though not quite as extreme as in past decades, Canadians still pay more for data than many third-world nations.

However, you quoted me explicitly discussing Canadian market. Not global market.

Public Mobile is indeed competitive within the Canadian market. If you don't like Canadian market prices then you must buy from non-Canadian markets. If you don't like PM's customer service model then you must buy from a non-PM operator.

Please make an effort to not misunderstand and to not misquote people when trying to childishly insult them.

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@blairs1 wrote:

thought the old promo plan ended tonight as indicated?

And this serves as a reminder: if you see a promo plan you like, don't drag your heels -- just get it. PM extended a few in the past, but you never know when they might pull the plug and a potentially less desirable plan comes along.

Highlighted

If I was desperate or committed to needing a 2 GB data plan, I would've got it earlier (perhaps upon running out of data on my current plan). But with a job I'm starting just around the corner, I am still not sure how much data I will want or need. So I waited until the "last day" & then I was going to make my final decision in the evening of the 17th, as my current plan was up for payment on the 19th so I was also milking every last day I could. I was leaning towards getting the promo, so PM likely would've made a few extra bucks off of me for at least a month or 2, if not much longer, in pure profit whether I would've used the extra data or not.

But nope. PM decided to go against what I would call a very standard business practice where most businesses end their promos at the end of the business day (or the end of the day, period) on the end date listed. And instead ended it before I even got out of bed that day.

I will probably be fine with my lower priced plan. PM likely will be too. But they lost a chance to make more money off of me. I will NOT be getting the current 2 GB plan. I'll stick with my lower plan for now.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When is the price per GB going to fall for public mobile. Rogers/bell/Telus have 5g and are having win back deals for 25 gb plus unlimited does $45 and cell phones. Public needs to compete bring the speeds up and prices low

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@marcmasters wrote:

When is the price per GB going to fall for public mobile. Rogers/bell/Telus have 5g and are having win back deals for 25 gb plus unlimited does $45 and cell phones. Public needs to compete bring the speeds up and prices low

@marcmasters I just looked up all three companies' prepaid plans. They don't come close to offering what Public Mobile's pre paid plans do. You can't compare their post paid plans to PM's pre paid. Apples to apples.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It is apples to apples when your trying to bring more customers and they leave us to go back for less

Need Help? Let's chat.