cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Oracle

Re: New Plan: $35 for 2GB

@Korth , anyone with a Canadian number would incur international long distance charges.  A lot of people would not be so interested in making that call.  Outgoing calls may be okay but incoming calls may be severely impacted. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@blairs1 wrote:

@dabr well.... looks like it’s a solid no from the mod team. 

super poor first experience with the lack of clear verbiage. 

@blairs1   Sorry to hear that the mods wouldn't budge and apply some discretion considering the confusion about the promo dates.  Have to agree that's disappointing!

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This plan is not great, as many have said. But my takeaway from this thread is:

- get a dual sim phone

- have a low cost domestic plan for a local #

- get a cheap (could be foreign) data plan for use on SIM slot 2 XD

Highlighted
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@darlicious wrote:

@gpixel4 

Yes he is......when that happens how does public mobile plan on competing with a hottie and these hot plans?

Unlimited calling and texting and 5G/4GLTE data:

1. $15/3gb
  2. $20/8gb
  3. $25/12gb
  4. $30/UNLIMITED!!!!!

Those are great prices, as are many other MNVOs in the US. Just keep in mind these are US$ prices, so add 35%. And or spread out infrastructure does natural need greater cost too. Nevertheless, they are still very nice and it would be great to see more competition here.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That won't exist in Canada. Our communication prices are worse than 3rd world countries. Yikes! #monopolies  

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Around 10 people I've read on English and French forums since yesterday that were wanting to sign up for $30 plan but waiting for a sim. 

I think this change is going to cause PM to loose many signups.

Highlighted

Once Shaw Mobile is available across the west & possibly beyond, they may be a force to be reckoned with. They are offering a $0 plan to existing Fibre+ customers (talk & text only) with data that can be purchased for $10 per GB

Highlighted

@Jb456 Possibly. Of course, switching providers is 1 way of expressing one's feelings on the debacle. The worst thing would be to switch to Telus or Koodo in protest lol.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg wrote:

... Of course, switching providers is 1 way of expressing one's feelings on the debacle. The worst thing would be to switch to Telus or Koodo in protest lol.

Telus/Koodo/Public dominates BC and AB. Bell/Virgin/Lucky dominates the East. Rogers/Fido/Chatr is Canada-wide. Shaw/Freedom is dispersed across major urban cores (and roughly aligned with Rogers).

My logic is that if one is going to abandon a carrier as a statement of protest (to deny them your money) then one should at least choose an alternative carrier which still funnels that money back to overlord HQ in one's home province. Not always possible. Especially if your province/territory basically has only one local option (like SaskTel or Ice Wireless). Might as well align your protest with your best interests, even if they are at an abstracted distance.

Although in the end it's price that matters most. Few people will deliberately choose to increase their ongoing expenses just to be anonymously spiteful to a faceless corporation.

Highlighted

Wow this is a bummer... I really thought they'd keep the 30 plan... Now new signers will likely choose the 25 plan and add data as needed. That's what I was on but the 30 plan was too good to miss out on. Freshly signing up I'd pick the 25 plan again 

Why can't Canadian carriers truly compete? Other places can and that's why they're so affordable. They're trying to actually compete with other local offers, not just match them. WhatWhat's the point of even having 3 major brands if their price points always match, between Rogers bell and telus? Why do all 3 even exist?

Need Help? Let's chat.