cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Plan: $35 for 2GB

@Pawprints1986 

Providers don't want you to use less for less. They want you to use less for more. They will give you lots of data you don't need for "less" money. Only $2/1gb compared to $25/1gb. But if you only use 1gb or maybe 2gb....they sell you 25gb for $45 but you push yourself to use 2gb. You think you got a good deal but really they just upsold you something you dont need or use. I believe there are stats they say 70% of mobile users don't use all of their data allotment per month. The average customer uses 3gb per month. What do you do with the other 22gb? This is just a ploy by providers to get and keep you as a customer that they can bill you for more than you need. It's like donuts.

1. 1 donut =$1
  2. 1/2 dozen = $5.79
  3. 1 dozen = $10
  4. 2 dozen = $16

Buying a half dozen saves you $0.03, a dozen saves $0.18 and 2 dozen saves you $0.33 per donut. Do you need or want more than one donut? Or maybe 2? $1 or $2 spent is better than $16. But you could have 24 donuts for only $16 you get so much more for less money........

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

Some people use very little data. Perhaps because online addiction just isn't part of their lifestyles. Perhaps because of access to other machines (computers and wifi at home/work/school) which provide far more than a few measly GB at pathetic cellular speeds.

I agree that buying something you never use is wasteful, yet the providers are always happy to encourage overspending all the same.

But some people use all the data they can get, and more. They can never get enough. They don't resort to rationing and wifi alternatives until they realize what little data they have left has to somehow last the rest of the month.

This is the consumer group which providers target.

I think PM would be smart to make things like a $20 1GB plan (technically a $22 AutoPay-only plan) and a $30 2GB plan ($32 AutoPay-only) for the light-data market. To hook customers who are conscious of spending, customers looking for deals and disinterested in wasting money.

But some (many?) of these customers will find low-data insufficient and eventually choose to upgrade. So unless PM wants them to float away to better deals offered by competitors, PM must offer $40 and $50 and $60 plans with competitively large data buckets to retain their heavy-data customers.

PM does a great job offering compelling promos for "new customers only".

They do a lousy job offering compelling upgrade options to existing customers.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Well said 

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can "schedule" a plan??? How? Never heard of that. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg wrote:

@bluejaywpg   When you go to change plans in your self serve account, you will be given the option of making an immediate plan change or change at next renewal.  It is always (generally) recommended to change at next renewal as that way you will not lose whatever is remaining on your current plan as there is no pro-ration or refunds for prepaid service.  It's particularly useful to lock in a promotional plan price that may be discontinued before your renewal date.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg 

Mind blown?!!!!

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg wrote:

As bolded above, the "scheduled" plan change is generally regarded as when you set it to change on your next renewal.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg when changing a plan.

Left side will say "change now" if there is not enough funds to cover the new plan it will say "top up your account".

Doing that option you're charged right away, new plan starts and no refund on unused days from old plan.

On right side it will say "change at next renewal". The preferred choice in most cases. The new plan will be charged and start at next payment due date.

Screenshot_20200130_023658.jpg

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thanks guys & gals. @darlicious LOL mind blown indeed! Actually, my mind was blown because I thought someone recently said that when you change your plan, it will take effect immediately & so that person advised to do it when it's time to pay up.

Or so I thought. Maybe I misunderstood?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@bluejaywpg wrote:

Thanks guys & gals. @darlicious LOL mind blown indeed! Actually, my mind was blown because I thought someone recently said that when you change your plan, it will take effect immediately & so that person advised to do it when it's time to pay up.

Or so I thought. Maybe I misunderstood?

There are 4 things available to do with plans:

1. ask moderators to renew your plan early before the usual 30 days. This is often to get a refill of plan features like minutes and data. This restarts everything about the plan and forfeits any counted features and you have pay in full (other than any balance)

2. change plan now or immediate plan change. Also often to upgrade to more plan features like more data or to move up to unlimited minutes. This also restarts everything about the plan and forfeits any counted features and you have pay in full (other than any balance).

3. change plan at next renewal or schedule plan change. This just changes your plan at your normal renewal and you don't lose anything. Due to a bug, it's advised to have a sufficient balance to cover the higher cost plan whether changing up or down.

4. don't pay (and have insufficient balance) and let it expire which puts it into suspension status where nothing works. Then after 90 days the whole thing is deactivated. But you can pay up again and reactivate the plan (or change the plan then too)

Need Help? Let's chat.