cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: New Plan: $35 for 2GB

@Scarybear wow they worked with you nicely ! I switched here cuz I was so annoyed with them. I had changed my plan from grandfathered limited minutes to unlimited and with 1gb personal add-on, but the add-on dropped after the plan change and they would *not* reinstate it, claiming because my plan had no included data (which I didn't need with keeping the 1gb) so "loyalty" after 8 years offered me 1gb unlimited talk text for 35.... They wouldn't budge so I said screw that and went here. 

What they did for you is how they *should* treat loyal customers. I've never even been offered a koodo switch back offer since coming here either

I love the easy roam possibility on koodo in the instance of emergency even without WiFi (so no TextNow or Facebook Wifi reception needed) but since I'm not traveling anytime soon, especially for now I'm good here

Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am lucky then that I took advantage of the $30 for 2GB promo then! I notice this $35 is now for 2.5GB but I still don't think it's worth it. It's too close to what I have and I can make do with 2GB. If it was $35 for 3GB, then I would consider it.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Probably to attract newbies.....what are the suits planing when 3G dies....which i heard to be soon...?

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@casaraku then LTE w/volte will make its way over.. not too sure on what they want to Capp the data speeds at, but hopefully its faster than 3mb. maybe give consumers at least 12mb(HSPA+ speeds)

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Freedom latest offer (oct 14/20) is 35$ for 11GB data using faster 4G... just saying.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@casaraku you are always free to follow your pocket and what is best for your needs. If another provider has something more attractive by all means go for it. 

Freedom $35 plan that you mentioned I believe is a limited time Promotion if you port a number from Telus or Koodo not Public Mobile. I am sure there are terms and conditions as well but I can't be bothered to read them.

As for your question of 3g going away. I am not sure if the below link has any truth in it but if it does apparently Telus will start phasing it out in 2025. Which is 5 years away. And only calls are currently on 3g. Data is LTE throttled to 3 g speed.

https://www.fire-monitoring.com/2g-3g-network-shutdown/

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@casaraku 

I used to be with freedom and  now that they've increased the amount of their transmitters/cell towers within the city limits of the urban areas they serve and as a customer if you rarely leave those areas then freedom just may serve your needs. I think there is no comparison to pm's (telus) nationwide network coverage and the reward incentives you can recieve. After 7 years with freedom my bill remained $40. After 1 year with public mobile my bills ($10+$30=$40 total)went to $0+$0=$0. After free rewards and free gifts allowed for a downgrade to the $15 plan because I just didn't need the extra data especially after the free gifts. So like @Jb456 says you are free to follow your wallet and mine is permanently parked with public mobile.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

New Plan: $35 for 2GB

PM needs to really consider resuscitating the LTE Data plans at some point

Also, eventually, at a point when it's considered safe, increase the # of Countries for Roaming

This would give PM a REAL bang for the Buck $$$$

Need Help? Let's chat.