cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Long Distance Add-Ons

@Pawprints1986  Doubtful that PM would offer this considering 2nd tier Koodo offers two different types of internation roaming plans.

$8 per day for Alaska,Guam,Hawaii,Northern Mariana Islands,Puerto Rico,U.S. Mainland,U.S. Virgin Islands

$12 international per day to 100+ countries.

The daily Easy Roam fee is valid for 24 hours, and applies when you make or pick up a call and send a text or use data abroad. If your plan includes Shock-Free® data, you'll continue to receive data notifications while travelling and have the option to top-up at the domestic rate.

You’re only charged for the days you use your existing plan in the U.S. or an eligible international destination

https://www.koodomobile.com/easyroam

PM in 3rd tier so I don't see anything like this coming here.

I even keep an account with Koodo just for this reason. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

$8 or $12 per day seems awful.

Put it into perspective by considering that 1000 minutes equals almost 17 hours. Which I think would require some superhuman phone talking effort (along with a fully charged battery, and a fully charged spare battery) to use up in a single day.

But if there's no other way to connect then there's no better price to connect.

Unless maybe you can find third-party international calling cards for your calling destination.

Highlighted
Oracle

@Pawprints1986  chatr mobile does offer international roaming.   If roaming is essential for you.

Chatr, lucky and Public all typically have similar plans, it's a matter of looking at the finer details of each provider to find which offers the best total package for your needs.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Korth . For sure it can get pricey and I do agree. if you want to use just your personal number each day traveling in another country. 

However it's a good back up if you do really need it only for a few days on your travels.

Practically anywhere you can find free wifi or for a small amount of money a wifi card ( example Cuba is $1CUC for 60 minutes of wifi. Log in to do what you need then log out to save remaining minutes on the card) . Also most Carribean cruise ports that I've been to always have a place for free wifi. 

Textnow app is my go to when traveling (I think everyone should get it) because the other person does not need the app. Just the number and I can receive voicemails after the fact when I connect to wifi. As well as messenger and WhatsApp for the people that do have those. 

If I have to make an important call to work or something like that. Knowing that it will only cost me $12 to activate on Koodo for a 24 hour period. So I don't have to deal with a spotty wifi connection or anything. 

I feel there a pros and cons to it depending on one's personal needs.  Always look for the best price that other providers offer.

For instance using Chatr in Cuba they charge $4 per call minute, 40 cents for outgoing SMS, 50 cents outgoing MMS and $30 per MB of data. Now that is awful! 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@Jb456 wrote:

Also most Carribean cruise ports that I've been to always have a place for free wifi. 

Just follow the ships crew when disembarking!

AE_Collector

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

That's a GREAT start

Hoping PM will add more to the List

UK

France

Germany

Spain

Portugal

Poland

if Most of Europe is added, and More Asian Countries and African Countries added eventually, that would give PM more Value as well

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 the ones you listed are available to call from Canada with an add-on.

$15 add-on for 1000 minutes to the UK

All the other countries you listed you're able to call from Canada with the $15 - 300 minute international add-on.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Ok. The Countries that hopefully would someday be added

Vietnam

Malaysia

Singapore

Hungary

Cuba

Trinidad

Barbados

Brazil

Peru

Paraguay

Haiti

Thought that if PM had more beyond the 40, that could make PM even more valuable

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28 wrote:

Ok. The Countries that hopefully would someday be added

Vietnam

Malaysia

Singapore

Hungary

Cuba

Trinidad

Barbados

Brazil

Peru

Paraguay

Haiti

Thought that if PM had more beyond the 40, that could make PM even more valuable

ahem cough cough.

Included countries: Australia, Austria, Bangladesh, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France,Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Romania, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Thailand, Venezuela
Highlighted
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jb456 

Just wondered if you mean 2 fully active accounts between PM and koodo? Or do you somehow use koodos easy roam in conjunction with your PM main account ? The latter sounds way too good to be true lol

I wouldn't even mind having to pay the 8 or 12 per day ahead PM style even if it went unused, that piece of mind really is priceless... And when you're already spending enough to travel to such places, what's another 50 bucks or so?

There's WiFi many places but WiFi can crash. Cell signal satellites are pretty rock solid

Need Help? Let's chat.