cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Long Distance Add-Ons

@scardinal3 used in two ways.

Some.older plans are province plans so people would use it to call other provinces.

Some new plans have limited Canada wide minutes like the old $10 plan or the current $15 plan which has 100 outgoing Canada wide minutes for the $15 plan.

So 500 Canada wide minutes can be used anywhere you are in Canada to whoever you want to call in Canada that has a Canadian number.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@scardinal3 wrote:

Question...

Is the 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance add-on only for long distance usage or it is also used as talking general minutes?

thanks,

Assuming your are on $15 plan. Your 100 minutes are LD and called Canada Wide. The 500 min.  add-on will kick in after your 100 are used up. LD = Long Distance Canada only OR Canada Wide calling. So you can call any where in Canada on the 100 or 500 minutes. But you have to dial with the +1 when needed. 

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thank you,

So as a confirmation... I do have the 15$ plan...with 100minutes (outgoing) included.. so, the 500 add-on I just purchased ADDs UP minutes to my plan and is only used WHENEVER my 100minutes dries out...correct?

Thanks, 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Hi, looks great. Really good for folks in Canada to call friends and relatives in other countries!!

I am trying to understand the US roaming options to use while in the USA. The add-on description lead me to read footnote 6.

Website refers to footnote 6 for both Canada and US Add-ons. 

Should the add-on for USA roaming Add-ons refer to footnote 5????

In Canada Long Distance Add-Ons6 US Roaming6  - 10 day packages

Footnote 6. Talk, text and data services refer to services offered while connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network. For service when not connected to the Telus/Public Mobile network, a roaming package must be purchased. Calls must originate from Canada to the US.

Footnote 5. Data Add-Ons to supplement a Data Plan will be provisioned at the data speed selected in your plan. If you have a Talk and/or Text Plan only with no data, the Data Add-Ons available to you will be defaulted to 4G LTE speed. US Roaming speed and signal strength may vary with your device, configuration, Internet traffic, environmental conditions, our partner’s applicable network management, the base plan you have purchased and other factors.

================================================================

Also footnote 2 is NOT showing in ANY of the plans and can be read 2 ways. 

1. Every one that pays using auto-pay gets 500mb free of Data

2. Any plan that offers 500MB (all but $15 plan) must use AutoPay. 

Footnote 2. Customers must subscribe to AutoPay to receive the 500MB data bonus

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.56.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-10-09 at 2.55.53 PM.png

Just also to add. For anyone new or wanting to use add-ons and likes to do everything on their own and not bother any one. The USA BUNDLES need to be clarified on the Add-Ons at the bottom of the PLANS and in the ordering of a bundle in My Account. It should be made clear that the TALK AND TEXT piece is UNLIMITED  and obviously the GB or MB of Data is expires upon using it up. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@scardinal3 

Two steps 

1- add $5 to your account

2- Click purchase add-on and buy it.

In 30 days you have your 100 outgoing minutes. You will have 500 minutes in your add-on section. If you use all 100 minutes then the 500 minutes will kick in.

If you use 50 of those addon minutes then your plan renews. Now you will be back to your 100 plan minutes and 450 minutes siting in add-on until next time it needs to be used.

The add-on rolls over every 30 days until all used up.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@scardinal3 wrote:

thank you,

So as a confirmation... I do have the 15$ plan...with 100minutes (outgoing) included.. so, the 500 add-on I just purchased ADDs UP minutes to my plan and is only used WHENEVER my 100minutes dries out...correct?

Thanks, 

YES!! And the balance of 500 roll over month to month til exhausted. 

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Just a quick comparison. And cost per minute comparisons. And thumbs up to PM. What a great selection of LD Add-Ons. 

Double click the pics. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 4.20.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 4.20.21 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 4.20.00 PM.png

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@LurganIeUk 

The old PM add-ons with the old PM prices will be used first wherever there's overlap, so no loss there - customers already agreed to pay those prices at point of purchase, legacy add-ons are a done deal.

These new PM rates cost more in some specifics than the old PM rates, some people will have to pay more than they did before.

These new PM rates cost less in some specifics than the old PM rates, some people will save money.

These new PM rates are still cheaper per-minute than Lucky, Chatr, and Freedom.

(Aside from Freedom's $5/month Unlimited USA Talk option, which only comes out ahead if you actually use more than 333 minutes of USA Talk during the month.)

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Now we just need more countries to roam.

The US roaming is fair enough.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

I would settle for being able to roam ANY country right now. Cruising withdrawl. Getting close to a year since we last disembarked a cruise ship.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.