cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laoli
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: New Activation Portal

Good job. Only thing I missed is the last 4 digits phone number search function 🙂

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

Also, the old referral links no longer automatically submit the referral code to the activation portal:

A link such as https://activate.publicmobile.ca/?raf=ABC123 receives a Status 301 Moved Permanently, Location: https://publicmobile.ca/en/portal/activation

The referral code is now lost in the redirect. Looking at "step 1" without proceeding further, at which step is the referral code asked for now anyway?

softech
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

is the box on the main My account page the only place for referral code?

softech_0-1615615647594.png

If so, they might have taken away the link idea completely .. its no longer showing the link.. just the code.

(yes, i think i like the link idea.. less trouble when I send to my friends)

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

Correct - your referral code in as seen in self-serve is no longer hyperlinked - it's just plain text. That's kind of a clear indicator the dev's behind the scenes recognized this issue and this was their 'fix.'

@Nezgar wrote:

@softech wrote:

Correct - your referral code in as seen in self-serve is no longer hyperlinked - it's just plain text. That's kind of a clear indicator the dev's behind the scenes recognized this issue and this was their 'fix.'

I do have some good news in the sense that Public Mobile has at least acknowledged the comments about the desire for the referral code to be on the first page of the activation steps. Hopefully, Public Mobile can quickly implement a change if they end up deciding to do so.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@computergeek541 wrote:

I do have some good news in the sense that Public Mobile has at least acknowledged the comments about the desire for the referral code to be on the first page of the activation steps. Hopefully, Public Mobile can quickly implement a change if they end up deciding to do so.

Ah good to hear. Indeed I when looked at the first activation page, I also thought the activation code field should be there... Of course it would be even better if they could preserve pre-filling it via the old ?raf= links...

rliu1993

Fantastic

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Lovely

laoli

referral "fix' is not a fix, it's just a hidden bug.

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@laoli Hence why I put it in quotes. 😉

Need Help? Let's chat.