cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Re: New Activation Portal

@Melinda_H 

Great job on simplifying the form and process to activate. A few comments in regards to the new form. Some of which have been previously mentioned but to stress their importance I have included them as well.

1. The full address has been eliminated so to verify an account holder thru private messaging pm has eliminated one of the more personal verifiers leaving only the postal code which is not account holder specific. Makes it a little easier for a fraudster to impersonate and account holder. This is worrisome given the high rate of simjacking that occurs at public mobile.
  2. Same issue as above.....no date of birth? Another verifier eliminated? I realize neither of these had to be truthful but they were additional verifiers for the many, many, many customers who forget their pin #. Let alone their password and security question and answer. Leaving account info for verification down to very few personal identifiers and much of the other information is easily accessible by simply entering anyones phone number when dialing  1 855 4PUBLIC.
  3. The elimination of far too easy to guess pin #'s. While this is a good thing does it affect customers that have chosen any easy number to remember? ie 1234 or 9999?
  4.  Like many who have already mentioned this.....the return of the referral code to the first page would be ideal.
  5. It would be nice to review each activation page ahead of time by simply clicking on each example already at the  top of the screen. Having "sample" stamped on each page would eliminate any confusion that pages could be filled in out of order.
  6. Does pm still not accept mastercard/debit? While less popular it is still a secure option. Listing some of the pre-paid cards accepted would be helpful along with mentioning that you must register for autopay during activation to recieve the autopay reward for the first month. 
  7. Having to confirm ones password and pin# along with your answer to your security question would help eliminate mistakes/ mistypes. This has been a problem with answers that have numbers like year if birth like 1942 can be easily mistyped as 1941,1943, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1841, 1842, 1843 and so on......and not noticed by person activating.
  8. A reminder about having a clear browser, using secret/incognito mode etc..... along with the specifics of the credit card address would help eliminate these errors/questions.

Otherwise nice work. Looking forward to improvements with the self serve portal. I don't need an app I already have far too many of them forced on me.

BearFBI
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

About time ! The activation portal is actually being worked on. 

It looks much better ! Thanks for your effort in making PM more mobile friendly !

kaytus
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hopefully, the new activation site will make it easier and an error-free way for new accounts.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H 

Would you consider having referral code on the front page and having the old links with the referral code working again.

It was a great option as those codes are not easy to remember and was lifesaver for those with 0 and O on their referral code. It's also very frustrating if somebody funds out they didn't take it down right after the session has already engaged their sim number.

Thanks

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@Melinda_H 

Also do you think there are any chances of benign able to alter the last 4 digits? It's really a great option

fujiyama

Wow, the new portal looks awesome! I'll have to try it out later. I see lots of great feedback here on how to fine tune it, hope those will be implemented soon.

LoreckAvery

Would have loved this when I activated a phone a couple months ago!! 

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Wonderful!

Mountainmaxman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I don't see the referral code in the link now like it use to, and it don't show up on the first page so I don't know if it will work when refereeing others. I can't count on my customers to 'type it in' manually

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Mountainmaxman 

I don't think pm has addressed this concern yet. Perhaps send a private message to @Melinda_H .

Need Help? Let's chat.