cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Coming this week: Improvements to the Get Started Page

I am glad to see more PM ad on local skytrain in Vancouver.  

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

aye thats geat. for everyone new joining the community, i think there should be a little more help. it was a little confusing on how to start

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Great news with the links to locations.

If an app is created I hope it's not like Facebook draining battery & memory working in the background whether you want it to or not

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Still fails to provide option to enter postal code UNLESS you accept to share your location. That is a fail for privacy!

Plus, some may not be interested in looking for one near where they are anyway, so sharing current location is meaningless.

Still, a step in the right direction. But PM, please fix this.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@pm-smayer97 wrote:

Still fails to provide option to enter postal code UNLESS you accept to share your location. That is a fail for privacy!

Plus, some may not be interested in looking for one near where they are anyway, so sharing current location is meaningless.

Still, a step in the right direction. But PM, please fix this.

The OP was just edited but not sure what was updated. 

The store lookup still fails for the same reason above. So this has not been fixed yet.

This is so very confusing!  I might have to change my mind about joining PM!  The question I need to have answered is "Why do I keep getting a message stating that the network can not check the compatibility of my unlocked Samsung J3 (2018) at this time??".

Sorry to hijack this thread...I didn't know what else to do to ask a question!

Mayor / Maire

@Griffyn wrote:

This is so very confusing!  I might have to change my mind about joining PM!  The question I need to have answered is "Why do I keep getting a message stating that the network can not check the compatibility of my unlocked Samsung J3 (2018) at this time??".

Sorry to hijack this thread...I didn't know what else to do to ask a question!

If it's a Canadian version then it'll work here.

Keep asking questions. Lotsa help here.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Griffyn It is probably some programming bug. Which end? Public Mobile or Willmyphonework.net? who knows.

Since your phone is relatively new, if your phone works with Telus it will work fine. Have you thought of going to places like Wow! or Walmart to see if they have sim cards so you can do a test right there?

Thanks for the prompt response, GinYVR.  I'm currently with Bell, not Telus.  Are you saying if I take my phone to Walmart, they can check the compatibility (I don't know what Wow! is).  So there is no way to check it on-line?  I went to the link in this thread but my exact Samsung J3 (2018) wasn't listed.

Thanks again.