cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Coming this week: Improvements to the Get Started Page

Oh, okay...it's just me so I can use my one and only e-mail address...so as not to confuse the issue even further.  Thanks LovesToPM.

Sorry for the late reply to your response, pm-smayer97...I've got a gazillion e-mails in my Inbox from the Public Mobile Community!  I've lost track of all the responses!

I think on the 13th (first day of my Bell statement period), I'll try to set up an account here and get my phone number transferred from Bell.  If I encounter problems, I will then try to contact a moderator in the private message area in case I have to provide personal information.

Hope it works!  I'm anxious to become a member of the PM team!  In truth...it's more a matter of getting away from the stress that results with having to deal with Bell Smiley Happy.

Thanks again to all those who have given me information on how to get started.

Mayor / Maire

@Griffyn wrote:

Sorry for the late reply to your response, pm-smayer97...I've got a gazillion e-mails in my Inbox from the Public Mobile Community!  I've lost track of all the responses!

I think on the 13th (first day of my Bell statement period), I'll try to set up an account here and get my phone number transferred from Bell.  If I encounter problems, I will then try to contact a moderator in the private message area in case I have to provide personal information.

Hope it works!  I'm anxious to become a member of the PM team!  In truth...it's more a matter of getting away from the stress that results with having to deal with Bell Smiley Happy.

Thanks again to all those who have given me information on how to get started.

You can turn off all those notification emails in your profile. I only have one for pm's.

Highlighted

Hi z10user4...for now, it's fine...I needed answers to questions and you guys were kind enough to help.  Once I've officially signed up, I'll play around on the site to become more familiar with it.

Mayor / Maire

Hi @Griffyn You can turn off the gazillion emails from Public Mobile Community (ie this forum), by clicking on this link. Select everything as Never and click Save.. by default, you are being alerted by every change or response to your queries on this forum and it gets overwhelming. Click Save and you should be have a zen moment.

Screen Shot 2019-06-08 at 8.44.14 PM.png

Hi GinYVR....thanks for this.  I'll deal with that later.  My problem now is that I've set up my self-serve account with my new PM SIM card but when the screen asked for my phone number, I assumed it was the temporary one given to me when I bought the SIM card.  I thought at some point, I would be prompted to enter my old phone number which I want to use but that didn't happen.  How do I change the phone number now?  I hope it's not too late!

Thanks again for your help.

Mayor / Maire

@GriffynI am glad you made progress. You can "Port" / transfer a number any time you want by going to Plans and Add Ons -> Change Phone number.. you will be asked for your old phone number. Do type in your provider and word porting in the search box above to find the details on how long it takes etc.

Screen Shot 2019-06-12 at 10.31.24 AM.png

Hi GinYVR...I wasn't sure if I would be able to change the number once I created an account using the number I was given at Walmart...I thought that might be something only a moderator could do so I sent a PM to them and Carlos responded.  He didn't give me the information you gave me, he asked for my Bell account number and the phone number I want to have ported.  Waiting to hear back from him...which is probably a good thing cause I'm very technologically challenged (as you have probably guessed by now Smiley Happy )...I don't even know what you mean by "word porting".

Thanks again for always responding to my questions so fast!