Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expired: Talk and Text Promo Plan

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Facebook Organic Post.png

Update: We will be ending this promo on July 12th 11:59 pm EDT. Please note, if you order your SIM card now, you may not get it in time to get this promotion

Hey Community,

We have some exciting news! For a limited time, Public Mobile is offering the following promotional plan:

Unlimited province-wide talk and global text on a 90-day plan for $81 ($27/month) on Canada’s largest 4G LTE network.

Looking to sweeten the deal? Add Auto-Pay to your account upon activation or renewal and you’ll save an extra $2/30 days.  This means you could get unlimited province-wide talk and unlimited global text for $25/30 days or $75 for 90 days! And don’t forget about all the other Rewards you can earn.

Check out the full details below to see how you, your friends, and your family can take advantage of this awesome plan.

Things to know

• This promotional offer is only for a limited period of time
  • Once an end date is communicated, it will be the last day to activate on the promo plan.  The promotional price will not be honoured after the communicated end date for any SIM cards that have not been activated on the promotional plan by the deadline. This includes SIM cards that have been purchased online, and have not yet arrived or been activated.

Getting the plan

Pick & Pay Customers

If you are an existing Pick & Pay customer you can sign up for the promotional plan in self-serve. Just paid for your next 30/90 days? Don’t worry, you can future date a rate plan at any time during the promotion. This means after your current service period is up, you will automatically be switched to the promo plan.  

Legacy Customers

If you are a legacy customer who is interested in the promotional plan, you will need to call into the call centre in order to change your plan to the promotional plan. Please note that once you switch to a Pick & Pay plan, you will be unable to switch back to your old plan and you will lose access to the call centre.

New Customers

As a new customer, you can sign up for the promo plan during the activation process. You will need to have your SIM card in hand in order to activate, so please be sure to order it first! Remember, this promotion is for a limited time only so, if you want to take advantage of it, be sure to activate as soon as possible!

For more information about our plans see our Terms of Service.

Public Mobile Community team

230 REPLIES 230

brobinson5662
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@WearySky wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

@brobinson5662 wrote:

@Watoko this is a great graphic! I'll have to note to grab a 200 min. LD add-on before going to the USA.

Thanks the the heads up!

To be clear regarding the 200/400 min Long Distance addon:

- Only works while in Canada, but allows you make outgoing calls across Cda/USA

- Allows you to receive/place calls while outside your home province, but still within Cda

- Does not work while in the USA, you will need a Roaming addon for that 

One small extra clarification - the 200 min long distance addon is good for calling US and Canada long distance numbers only, whilst the 400min addon is also good for international calls.

If I understand this correctly, in order to be in the US and make and receive phone calls one  would need both the Roaming add-on and a long distance add-on; or will just the roaming work?

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@smp99 wrote:

@brobinson5662 wrote:

@Watoko this is a great graphic! I'll have to note to grab a 200 min. LD add-on before going to the USA.

Thanks the the heads up!

- Allows you to receive/place calls while outside your home province, but still within Cda

One small extra clarification - the 200 min long distance addon is good for calling US and Canada long distance numbers only, whilst the 400min addon is also good for international calls.

smp99

@brobinson5662 wrote:

Thanks the the heads up!

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Someone_here wrote:
@Watoko@PaulaG

As for the legacy call centre number, I am unsure. Does anyone else know that number?

1-855-478-2542

An easy way to remember it is: 1-855-4PUBLIC

@Watoko@PaulaG

As for the legacy call centre number, I am unsure. Does anyone else know that number?

1-855-478-2542

SD08

@Watoko wrote:

You can make outgoing calls as long as the number you are dialing is in the same province as your phone number. 

Just a minor clarification to this:

When you are outside of your home province, you can make outgoing calls as long as the number you are dialing is in the same province as your phone's current physical location.

brobinson5662

Thanks the the heads up!

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@canucks4life wrote:

Can anyone confirm does this plan only include unlimited SMS ie text only no MMS picture messaging?

Fine print on plans page sub 3 says it includes both SMS/MMS but wonder how that is possible with no data plan as MMS would need to have an active cellular data connection to send/receive pictures.

Just a follow-up on this ported a second line "the wife" over last night on the promo plan everything went as expected and also can confirm MMS is working to/from her iPhone and my Android. She is quite happy so far as previously her plan with Telus had a data block hence no MMS capability so always used Facebook messenger via WiFi connection. We'll lose our bundle discount with Telus but since they've decreased it still end up ahead of the game on PM.

PaulaG
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

yes perfectly explained thank you :smileyhappy 

Watoko

@PaulaG, no question is a dumb question! Your understanding is correct. You can make outgoing calls as long as the number you are dialing is in the same province as your phone number. Here is a good read on the different scenarios (link). 

Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 4.54.32 PM.png

Graphic credit: @ute1978

Does this make sense?

PaulaG

So does that mean I would only be able to call in Ontario? might be a dumb question sorry but I don't understand the difference, can you explain please? 

Watoko

@PaulaG, it would include voicemail, call display, call forwarding and call waiting. I think the only thing that is different however, is that the new plan is only provincial calling, while the old $25 legacy plan is Canada-wide.

PaulaG

What is the number a legacy plan member would have to call to ask about the $25 promotion, and does it include the same features as the old $25 plan such as call waiting, voicemail, call display things like that.

Jonavin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
It's actually more niche than someone who doesn't use data but also someone who text a lot. If you were only interested in unlimited talk, you can get just that for about $23/ month using the standard provincial talk 90 day option with no text or data.

Acekiller

it is not meant to draw large volume, rather the niche market of ppl that doesnt' require data

WearySky

@TheOldVR I'd say it's more likely entirely because this promo isn't NEARLY as attractive as the last one.  I'd be surprised if the volume of sign ups is anywhere close to what it was during the 4GB promo.

TheOldVR

Happy to see that the new Promo plan has been available for a bit of time now and the number of reported errors has not gone through the roof - like it did for the last promo.

I assume that this is a result of a few things including bug fixes to the porting/activation process and less volume compared to the last promo.

Good job PM - Yay!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @MasonS,

Welcome to Public Mobile and to our community!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing mixed services - you've come to the right place for help 🙂 Have you recently ported your number? It's possible that the port did not go through properly, please send me your SIM card number via private message and I will look into it for you.

Let's keep the conversation going,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

MasonS
I have signed up on a 30 day plan and thought I would be able to get talk and text however I am not. I cannot access self serve either because it says I am not registered, can someone help me. I been dealing with issues last night. This morning I'm only able to call but not receive texts or send any either

Ciph
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @MarieHelene_L,

I am on a Pioneer/Legacy plan: "Canada-wide talk + international text + calling features" for $25 (now $28) and have been with Public Mobile since 2011.

My self-serve portal shows no options to change my plan, although there is a note to call 611. Accordingly, I called a few days ago about the this promotion.

The customer service agent was courteous and recommended me to call back around the end of this month (since my plan auto-renew on the 26th of April).

I would like some clarification if it would be possible to schedule my switch to this 90 days promotion plan on the same day or just before my Pioneer/Legacy plan renews. The customer service agent did not mention any of this during our conversation (maybe he forgot? or maybe it's not possible on old accounts?).

My account currently has enough balance to perform the switch anytime (for $81 promo).

Moreover, I would appreciate some precision regarding the autopay reward. Should I enable autopay before the switch and will the reward be applied from the beginning of the switch date or is calculated monthly? My understanding is that plan is 90 days and the reward is monthly, but I'm not sure how it works.

Likewise, I'm not sure how the loyalty reward will be calculated since I made the switch to LTE (from a ZTE phone to Samsung phone) and changed my $35 plan to the $25 plan accordingly.

Thank you for taking your time to clarify some of these matters.

SD08

@srlawren wrote:
@SD08 please note that unlike the 2016 Fall Promo plan, pm will not be honouring the plan for anyone after the end date, whatever that date ends up being. So unlike how they honoured people with sims for months after the fall promo, the last day of this promo will be the last day to activate, period. Just so you are aware.

Yes, I'm aware of that.  I believe PM will compensate for that difference by allowing enough time to order and receive a SIM after the expected announcement.

srlawren
@SD08 please note that unlike the 2016 Fall Promo plan, pm will not be honouring the plan for anyone after the end date, whatever that date ends up being. So unlike how they honoured people with sims for months after the fall promo, the last day of this promo will be the last day to activate, period. Just so you are aware.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

SD08

@brobinson5662 wrote:

Hey, I know the promo doesn't yet have an end date, but will there be a notification giving some notice before it does end?

I have another pre-pay plan I'd like to run down before making the switch, but already have the an unactivatied public mobile SIM in hand.

@brobinson5662

Since you already have an unactivated SIM in hand, you have little cause to worry.  The yet-to-be-announced end will not take effect immediately, whereas it only takes minutes to activate a SIM.

For those who are anxious at the possibility of missing the promo, here are some thoughts, which I hope will ease your anxiety:

To give an idea of how generous PM was with deadlines in the recent past, their Fall 2016 Promo started on Oct.25, 2016 and ran until Nov.20. Even after the end of the promotion, PM allowed activations on that promo up to Feb.3, 2017 for SIMs already ordered by Nov. 16, 2016.

For the current Talk+Text promo which began on Mar.28, PM has said that once an end date is communicated, that will be the last day to activate on the promo plan. However, given how generous they were in the last promo, I am quite sure that whichever end date they choose, it will still give time to at least order and receive a SIM, which is stated to take 3-7 business days to arrive, but often delivers in as little as 2 days, depending on distance from Mississauga.

It would make little sense for PM to suddenly cut off potential customers without giving them at least one last chance at the promo. It's that last opportunity to get the deal that is likely to create a rush of orders. PM will want to benefit from that. Count on it. So, anyone who keeps a close eye on announcements in this forum should be fine at least.

mtfolks
@brobinson5662 From what I've been told/read, PM will communicate an end date at some point. Not sure with how much notice, tho.

Hope that helps.

brobinson5662

Hey, 

I know the promo doesn't yet have an end date, but will there be a notification giving some notice before it does end?

I have another pre-pay plan I'd like to run down before making the switch, but already have the an unactivatied public mobile SIM in hand.

That would be a great plan if they offer Canada wide in future also even if they offer Canada USA combined with 4gb I would take that right away since family live in USA 😉
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Vickel
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Nice plan!

Canada wide would make this awesome!

Bringing back the 4gb + Canada wide calling would be epic

mtfolks

@srlawren Okay that's what I thought. Thanks for clarifying and apologies for the newbie questions! 😉

srlawren

@mtfolks it's definitely possible to cancel the future-dated plan change and then redo it with a different plan selection. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mtfolks

@MarieHelene_L Okay, just thought of a follow up question related to future dating a plan... If I future date the promo plan and then decide I want to get a plan with data instead, is it possible to cancel the future dated plan and pick a different plan prior to my renewal date? Or am I locked in?

Need Help? Let's chat.