cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

@jeanny  I wondered who you were dealing with so that doesn't surprise me. I will leave you a gift in your private messages. It does surprise me when it comes to the managers response.  In less  than 24 hours I've become more and more disillusioned with the message the moderators and now management are sending both new and nearly new but experienced customers. What is really disappointing me is the obvious disregard of normal policy guidelines. @Dave_M  is this the new slogan #Were for you ? From my own customer service experience today and quite a few others I'm starting to feel #Not so much! I don't know if it's @Alan_K in a new role or @Tiana_V  not making the updated restrictions clear to the new moderators but something is different and holiday treats are not going to get rid of the growing bitter taste in my mouth....

jeanny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

thanks @darlicious 

But even a manager doesn't seem to be aware of promotions, I'm speechless

translate.google.ca

'''Andreea, the manager of Public Mobile here.
As Ana already mentioned, the eligibility criteria for the promotion in question are listed on the site, because we care about transparency and our customers.
I am sorry if you were unable to take advantage of it and for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

As soon as we have new promotions that you can take advantage of, we will list the eligibility rules, as always, and you can certainly have them.''

@jeanny  i had only limited success today as well with the moderators. Im not very happy with the result. Submit a new service ticket and talk to a new moderator. If you still hit a brick wall private message @Tiana_V  for clarification as she posted the original promo and the black friday update. Many of the moderators are new employees so they either need to do their homework or my opinion of customer service from public mobile will drop drastically.

jeanny

@totalUser  a écrit :

Hi @jeanny 

The way to proceed is a follows

1. Click on your payment history and expand it to 30 days, take the screenshot off your initial payment showing that you did activate while the promo is active and that you haven't received your rewards.

2. Take the screenshot of that promo announcement

3. Open a new ticket with those two screenshots enclosed

Hope this time it works out.

The problem is really that you didn't react instantly and now they are dealing with hundreds of people who just activated and are asking why aren't they getting 2nd month ( you would be surprised how many dont read fine print)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did not react immediately because it was written that the credit would take 10 days before appearing in the account.

To make a long story short my son started to activate the sim card with the moderator @Alexandre (before the site became unusable on December 2) and they continued on December 3. The moderator applied the first part of the promotion '' the sim card free '' and now the moderators say that you must have the plan at $ 35 to take advantage of the offer, even if it is clearly indicated that the offers are stackable..and any plan

Hi @jeanny 

The way to proceed is a follows

1. Click on your payment history and expand it to 30 days, take the screenshot off your initial payment showing that you did activate while the promo is active and that you haven't received your rewards.

2. Take the screenshot of that promo announcement

3. Open a new ticket with those two screenshots enclosed

Hope this time it works out.

The problem is really that you didn't react instantly and now they are dealing with hundreds of people who just activated and are asking why aren't they getting 2nd month ( you would be surprised how many dont read fine print)

@jeanny wrote:

Hello

someone can help me, the promotion says that I can activate any plan even the one at $ 15 and take advantage of the second month free

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

The moderators seem to want to play the games of we only read what we want to read

according to them I had to activate a plan at 35 $ and more(yes for the free 5 go)

thanks

Hi @jeanny 

What date did you activate?

Thanks

jeanny

the moderators do not understand the fact that it is written $ 35 so for them I am not entitled to my second free month

however it is clearly to mention that the promotions are stackable and not one and the same promotion or I must have all the conditions. I took the plan at $ 15 I am entitled to 1 month free but not to 5 go. .it's only $ 15 but the principle is worth more than that

@AE_Collector wrote:

This was the Black Friday deal. It ran until Monday evening Dec 2 after Black Friday / cyber Monday sales I believe. Started out for $35 plans and above but then acwording glitchvsomewhere extended it to any plan to the best of my knowledge. 

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector  @jeanny  The twist was black friday morning it changed to any plan and a free SIM card if you activated in store. 5gb data bonus was still $35+ only.

This was the Black Friday deal. It ran until Monday evening Dec 2 after Black Friday / cyber Monday sales I believe. Started out for $35 plans and above but then acwording glitchvsomewhere extended it to any plan to the best of my knowledge. 

AE_Collector

jeanny

Yet it seems simple to me   Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store

@darlicious wrote:

@jeanny  What was the date you activated and what plan are you on?

Oops sorry i went back and read your posts that i missed. Moderators can be wrong. I argued with one for two days...privately and then I took it to the community. Where i got the best solution....

Get a second opinion. I told the moderator I give up you win. Then I sent another moderator I had dealt with before a private message. She fixed my issue in 10 minutes.

@jeanny  What was the date you activated and what plan are you on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeanny wrote:

the offer is expired but I subscribed when it was active but I did not receive my credit and the moderators persist in saying that it is for the package at $ 35 and more when it is clearly written  any plan

Ask again. Moderators have been known to be wrong on occasion. Maybe they're confusing with the 5gb. THAT still needed the $35 or more. But the plan credit should be honoured.

Did you activate before that was changed? Still...past promos it was honoured for activations before those kinds of changes.

Edit: after your edit: go by official wording here not some external site.

jeanny

the offer is expired but I subscribed when it was active but I did not receive my credit and the moderators persist in saying that it is for the package at $ 35 and more when it is clearly written  any plan

a copy paste of redflagdeal from November 28

Copied ...
November 28th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals:

Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

This is also stackable with the current ongoing $20 referral bonus credit.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeanny wrote:

Hello

someone can help me, the promotion says that I can activate any plan even the one at $ 15 and take advantage of the second month free

The moderators seem to want to play the games of we only read what we want to read

according to them I had to activate a plan at 35 $ and more(yes for the free 5 go)

thanks

This promotion is expired. There's a new flash sale now that runs until further notice and also any plan.

I hadn't noticed before that this promo changed to any plan rather than a starting amount. But it's over now. Check out the flash sale.

jeanny

Hello

thanks

@dlatte @totalUser  The promo stated allowing the plan to be inactive or changing it you will lose the 5gb data bonus. Alan_k also clarified that the way the promo was coded resulted in the loss of the data bonus if the plan was changed whether up or down. Earlier this week @muldersarah69 asked the same question but was able to get her son's plan upgraded to the $40 by a moderator who then replaced the 5gb bonus. So we can only assume...1. Changing the plan will result in the loss of the 5gb data bonus. 2. If you wish to upgrade your plan you must contact a moderator to schedule the change for you and replace the 5gb data bonus ( or whatever you have left.) 3. The promo was coded to drop the 5gb data bonus so asking to downgrade your plan and keep the 5gb is a waste of time. Both yours and the moderators.....please don't bother them.

@dlatte wrote:

I can't remember the 5GB conditions....do you continue to keep the add-on bonus if you change your rate plan to a lower monthly rate? If I change my $35 plan to $25, do I lose my 5GB? I think I do. However, it looks like the Holiday 1 GB and 400 LD minutes stay on regardless of plan? Thanks!

Sadly no, the way it was worded was even worse, even upgrading to higher meant losing it. Many people don't actually believe that public mobile would go through the trouble and nightmare of coding and implementing something like that, but I doubt anybody would risk it while they still have most of it on the books. If you got low on it and would actually take a chance at it please let us know what happened.

For the holiday gift you are right it stays with you as long as you have the account no matter which plan

dlatte
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I can't remember the 5GB conditions....do you continue to keep the add-on bonus if you change your rate plan to a lower monthly rate? If I change my $35 plan to $25, do I lose my 5GB? I think I do. However, it looks like the Holiday 1 GB and 400 LD minutes stay on regardless of plan? Thanks!

@AE_Collector  Nice sibling....i knew you would appreciate grumpy neighbours phone. He is soon to update his iphone4 to likely the umidigi A5 pro. Another learning curve for him but at least i can navigate an android unlike iphone.

@smp99 wrote:

What surprises me is that no one, that I have found, has come back to complain that they missed the Dec8 cutoff.

And I don't think I recall any "I ordered a SIM card but don't think it will arrive on time" comments either. Maybe I just missed them. 

AE_Collector

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@AE_Collector wrote:

I am quite surprised they didn't extend the Dec. 4-8 promotion or launch another right after. Maybe something coming this weekend. I am fairly certain they had the 6 x $10 promo stackable with the $25/$25 referral credits promos running right through December last year. 

AE_Collector

What surprises me is that no one, that I have found, has come back to complain that they missed the Dec8 cutoff.

@darlicious 

Hoping so, no sooner did the back to back to back promos end and a friend is ready to make the move. Certainly need to get it done before Dec 25 for the freebies and before the referral bonus ends!

Nice Automatic Electric model 40 desk phone! Straight rather than coiled handset cord is extra old! Almost certainly a cloth cord rather than plastic under the spiral cord protector that was put on by a customer sometime long ago. 

Matching AE 50 Wall Phone. Both these models were made from about 1939 to 1958. BC Tel used these by the tens of thousands throughout the province.

AE_Collector

71B19331-9C35-4821-8C58-C5D991756015.jpeg

@AE_Collector  Announcements of promos tend to happen on Fridays.....

20191203_235744.jpg

I am quite surprised they didn't extend the Dec. 4-8 promotion or launch another right after. Maybe something coming this weekend. I am fairly certain they had the 6 x $10 promo stackable with the $25/$25 referral credits promos running right through December last year. 

AE_Collector

@jacquelinemywon wrote:

Sad to have missed out on this black friday deal! 

@jacquelinemywon  You may have missed out on the black friday deal but if you activated between December 4th and 8th on a $35 +plan you get an extra 1gb of plan data for as long as you stay on that plan. And you still get the more the merrier data and 400min gifts from pm as well.

I would think there should be another promo coming real soon?

AE_Collector

jacquelinemywon

Sad to have missed out on this black friday deal! 

colinmac11
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Fantastic! Thanks for the reply

@colinmac11 

You will only have your plans 5Gb every mwonth plus the bonus add-on of one block of 5Gb that doesnt expire, it is like roll over data. Once you have used your monthly 5Gb of data you can tap into the bonus data until your monthly plan renews. Whatever is left of the bonus data rolls over  until you need it again in the future until you have used it all up.

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.