cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW OFFER: 2nd Month Free! BLACK FRIDAY SALE! Activate by December 2 and get a bonus 5 GB of data.

Tiana_V
Public Mobile
Public Mobile

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days
  • Get a free SIM card when you activate on any plan in-store

These offers are stackable with the 5GB data add-on, so long as you activate on an eligible plan ($35+/month).

Hey Community,

From November 25 to December 2, customers that activate online or in-store will receive a one-time bonus 5GB of data. Simply activate before December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET, on a $35+/mo plan to claim this offer. This will be applied as an Add-On. This offer is available to new customers only and not stackable with any other promos (except for Refer-a-friend bonus).

How to Get this Offer:

• Click here to order a SIM card online through Public Mobile (shipping time is 3 to 7 business days) or order through Amazon and choose your shipping speed. Alternatively, you can purchase a SIM card by locating a retailer near you
  • Activate in-store OR visit activate.publicmobile.ca to activate at home on a $35/mo or higher plan by December 2, 2019 11:59PM ET
  • Eligible customers will be provided the one-time 5 GB data Add-On within 2 business days of activation.

To learn more about Public Mobile, click here.

-Public Mobile Community Team

310 REPLIES 310

Neophyte709
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

From what I understand, the 1 time 5G addon has no experation date.  You can use foreever until it runs out.  But you can't change plans.  If you change plans you lose the remaider of the 5G.  I hope that answers your question.

colinmac11

Hi there,
I received this promotion, and i am just wondering, does the 5GB add on only last for the first month? Or do I have an extra 5GB on top of the 5GB (10GB in total?) that I received with my plan?

@Neophyte709 

Thanks for reporting back to us!

AE_Collector

Neophyte709

I did go back to Wow Mobile Boutiq at Richmond Square and showed them the Promo from the forum. I have to give Tommy from Wow Mobile a shout out.  He was great, he looked up my transaction (I didn't have a receipt) and refunded me and also gave me an extra $10 for my troubles.  Thanks Tommy.

@AJ72 wrote:

Yes, I have had the same issue on multiple occassions. After 4pm till about 7pm or so, the Reply or New Message button does not do anything, the wait cursor on the browser toolbar just keeps spinning...

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser  Anyone else having difficulty replying to private messages? I've cleared my cache, changed browsers to no avail. Will try incognito next.... the reply button just wont go anywhere.

@iPhoneUser  and @AJ72  It was like that for an hour but was able to reply incognito. Came back and am able to reply again in regular mode as @ShawnC13 mentioned. But the site is extremely slow today....waiting a minute or so for the pages to change. No red error messages today at least but I get those quite often as well. Maybe that's something @Dave_M will be looking at improving in the coming year with making the site more user friendly.

AJ72
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you once again @Tiana_V , I got the 2nd month's credit in my account and my son's account today.

@Tiana_V wrote:

This offer is now expired.

November 25th until December 2nd 11:59PM ET: We’re introducing two new Black Friday Deals: 

• Get your 2nd month free when you activate on any plan online or in-store
    • This will be credited to your account within 10 business days

AJ72

Yes, I have had the same issue on multiple occassions. After 4pm till about 7pm or so, the Reply or New Message button does not do anything, the wait cursor on the browser toolbar just keeps spinning...

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser  Anyone else having difficulty replying to private messages? I've cleared my cache, changed browsers to no avail. Will try incognito next.... the reply button just wont go anywhere.

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@darlicious wrote:

Yes both PM's and posting replies. Get a red message...go back.....and all input is gone...was like that yesterday too. But I thought, just maybe was slow for Cyber Monday or end of Black Friday specials. 

@darlicious, I have been able to reply to pm's.  I wonder if it was just a momentary glitch.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser  Read this experience in the retail section:  Is this experience an agent/retailer scam? Not sure if my link will work but it is the first post on the second page.

No link here Darleen. 

Yes i know...my copy paste and linking skills on Firefox are a nightmare. I would switch back to chrome but it keeps stopping. Desperately need a new battery for my Samsung tablet. But ou can get to thread the old fashion way...search bar or go to retail.

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@AE_Collector wrote:

I have wondered about employees at dealers activating customers on PM. I would bet that quite a few have a Referal Code "under the counter" belonging to an employee or employees friend and if employees doing activations proactively asked "do you have a Referal Code" and got a blank stare back they could volunteer "I have a code that I can use for you if you like, you will get an extra $10 credit for using it" and I would think they should get the customers approval before even doing that.

However, allowing the above scenario to happen invariably leads to someone going way too far as they appear to have done in this case which ultimately threatens the existence of this perk for everyone else IMHO.

AE_Collector

While I buy my Sims at London Drugs, go home, and set up my accounts online myself and  I have wondered the same too. Especially the retailers that flat out refuse to use a customer provided referral code.  Now if a new customer came into a retailer and did not have a referral code and the employee offers a $10 credit if he/she provides a code for the new customer.......I guess that is a win win........but is that ethical?

Has any one here ever reported they wonder why they received a $10 credit. (retailer unknowingly snuck in a code during the activation process)

Has any one here ever reported they took in a referral code, received the credit, but friend did not! (retailer swapped referral code from the one presented vs one from his/her personal list)

@iPhoneUser 

The clerk was filling it right in front of me, so I would probably notice. I saw couple of complaints here in community about misspelling email addresses and codes are even easier to miss. There were also people reporting getting a referral although they never ever shared their code. That makes me think that typing mistakes were made. But it can be fixed by talking to moderators

iPhoneUser

@darlicious wrote:

@iPhoneUser  Read this experience in the retail section:  Is this experience an agent/retailer scam? Not sure if my link will work but it is the first post on the second page.

No link here Darleen. 

TJCANADA

@nelsonereeny wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@nelsonereenyLog into your selfserve account and check your rewards. If you get a $10 off that means the agent had used his referral code instead of yours.

Doing that won't work quite yet because that member said that the activation was today. The $10 account credit doesn't show up immediately.

Thanks for the heads up. I did read that it could take up to 72 hours to show up so that's important to note. I did check this morning though and I did get the $10 referral credit (as others have said it can be as fast as overnight for it to show up), so it looks like that's what the sales rep must have done after all. Even though my friend is not really that bothered missing out on the credit on her end, I have written to the moderators to let them know about it.

My Black Friday bonus 1 month free deal showed up in 1 day after activation!

Activated in Wal Mart on December 2 at 4.00 PM EST,

Got a free SIM card and today credit for the second month is showing up in my Available Funds.

That was fast! Less than 24 hrs.

The $10 referral credit is also showed up at the same time!

So in less than 24 hours after activation, I got both the credits automatically applied to my account and ofcourse the Free Sim card.😊

TJCANADA

My Black Friday bonus 1 month free deal showed up in 1 day after activation!

Activated in Wal Mart on December 2 at 4.00 PM EST,

Got a free SIM card and today credit for the second month is showing up in my Available Funds.

That was fast! Less than 24 hrs.

The $10 referral credit is also showed up at the same time!

So in less than 24 hours after activation, I got both the credits automatically applied to my account and ofcourse the Free Sim card.😊

@iPhoneUser  There is at least one case of an employee doing just that. About 2 months ago. I'll see if I can pull it up for you.

iPhoneUser

@AE_Collector wrote:

I have wondered about employees at dealers activating customers on PM. I would bet that quite a few have a Referal Code "under the counter" belonging to an employee or employees friend and if employees doing activations proactively asked "do you have a Referal Code" and got a blank stare back they could volunteer "I have a code that I can use for you if you like, you will get an extra $10 credit for using it" and I would think they should get the customers approval before even doing that.

However, allowing the above scenario to happen invariably leads to someone going way too far as they appear to have done in this case which ultimately threatens the existence of this perk for everyone else IMHO.

AE_Collector

While I buy my Sims at London Drugs, go home, and set up my accounts online myself and  I have wondered the same too. Especially the retailers that flat out refuse to use a customer provided referral code.  Now if a new customer came into a retailer and did not have a referral code and the employee offers a $10 credit if he/she provides a code for the new customer.......I guess that is a win win........but is that ethical?

Has any one here ever reported they wonder why they received a $10 credit. (retailer unknowingly snuck in a code during the activation process)

Has any one here ever reported they took in a referral code, received the credit, but friend did not! (retailer swapped referral code from the one presented vs one from his/her personal list)

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help -> on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

CalebK

Hello @Tiana_V 

I was trying to register for Public Mobile and transfer over my phone number from Telus last night. I ended up getting a "404 server error" after putting in all of my Telus information. By the time I had gone back and re-entered the information, I wasn't able to get the deal. Even though it was only 10:05 local time (I'm in Alberta).

Do you know if Public Mobile will still honor the promotion for me? Because it was still December 2nd for me or even because I would have been on time if I didn't get the error? Any help you could provide would be appreciated, thank you

@nelsonereenyThere has been cases of unscrupulous salespeople doing this in the past. I suppose a $20 credit is enough for some with a low moral compass. Supplying the moderators with your friends referral code they will easily be able to add it and remove the offending code and hopefully add it to a wall of shame.

@mimmo wrote:

@darlicious wrote:

Fantastic offer by public mobile for black friday! @Tiana_V  you gave me a teaser and you didnt let me or the community down. And i think @mimmo owes me a drink...wink, wink, nudge, nudge. 

@darlicious @Sure I'm in Peru at the moment come on over, and I will buy you a nice coca tea or a cuscenio cervesa

@mimmo  Do you have some nice crispy cuy to go with that beer?

AE_Collector

nelsonereeny

@computergeek541 wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@nelsonereenyLog into your selfserve account and check your rewards. If you get a $10 off that means the agent had used his referral code instead of yours.

Doing that won't work quite yet because that member said that the activation was today. The $10 account credit doesn't show up immediately.

Thanks for the heads up. I did read that it could take up to 72 hours to show up so that's important to note. I did check this morning though and I did get the $10 referral credit (as others have said it can be as fast as overnight for it to show up), so it looks like that's what the sales rep must have done after all. Even though my friend is not really that bothered missing out on the credit on her end, I have written to the moderators to let them know about it.

@mimmo wrote:

@darlicious @Sure I'm in Peru at the moment come on over, and I will buy you a nice coca tea or a cuscenio cervesa

A Pisco Sour for me Please!

AE_Collector

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@darlicious wrote:

Fantastic offer by public mobile for black friday! @Tiana_V  you gave me a teaser and you didnt let me or the community down. And i think @mimmo owes me a drink...wink, wink, nudge, nudge. 

Something will be back soon....in the morning? Maybe.

AE_Collector

@AE_Collector wrote:

Has the Fat Lady Sang?

AE_Collector

They'll make us wait until morning hoping that they extend.

I'm pretty sure I heard Rita MacNeil about 15 minutes ago...

Has the Fat Lady Sang?

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.